Firmware Engineer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

114 Interview Questions: 3140 of 114 Sort by

May 4, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Synaptics:

“The most unexpected question was when one of the interviewers asked me what my ethnicity and age was. It didn't offend me and I brushed it off because the guy was young so it was probably his first…”

Apr 26, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Western Digital:

“I was asked what would be the best way to deal with a piece of hardware that was constantly sending interrupts to an OS with a command buffer of 64.”

Apr 23, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at SCT Performance:

“Put a car ECU down and asked me how i would go about getting information about the device and working with it.”

Apr 7, 2013

Interview Question for Firmware Engineer at Seagate Technology:

“Expected most of the questions.”

Apr 2, 2013

Interview Question for Firmware Engineer at Applus Technologies:

“The in-person interview was pretty straightforward. We basically just discussed my work history and some of the projects in which I've participated.”

Mar 24, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Micron Technology:

“Tell me about linux internals and linux kernal.
What is a heap and a stack?
Difference between list and tuple in python.
What is an zombie process, how do you deal with it?
What is interrupt…”

Mar 21, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Amazon Lab126:

“Mostly related to algorithm and race condition”

Mar 20, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Qualcomm:

“questions were pretty simple like create a linked list of n nodes, some puzzles”

Mar 18, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Qualcomm:

“Most questions would be based on your resume. They will concetrate what you did and not what they did :). So, please know in & out about your resume. Also, Please do not stuff your resume just for…”

Feb 27, 2013

Interview Question for Firmware Engineer at Seagate Technology:

“Hardest part of the interview was the impromptu technical questions. Not necessarily hard but kinda puts you out of your comfort zone. I haven't done any Firmware development for Hard Drive/ SSD…”