Firmware Engineering Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

68 Companies: 13 of 68

See the latest Seagate Technology Jobs

119 Interview Questions: 110 of 119 Sort by

Aug 18, 2014

Interview Question for Firmware Development Engineer II at LSI:

“I was asked to talk about branch prediction. I thought I'd never be asked comp arch concepts based questions. But then again has a project on branch prediction listed on my resume.”

Aug 17, 2014

Interview Question for Firmware Test Engineer at Starkey Hearing Technologies:

“There was nothing really unexpected or particularly difficult. Some people might find the C language material more difficult than average.”

Aug 15, 2014

Interview Question for Firmware Test Engineer at Tesla Motors:

“Got some questions on Embedded C. But I believe that if I get selected for further rounds, they would stress more on C Programming.”

Jul 21, 2014

Interview Question for Firmware Engineer at Spectra Logic:

“Even though this job did not indicate a working knowledge of electromechanical devices, such as motors, be prepared for it. Many code writers do not have experience in this area.”

Jul 21, 2014

Interview Question for Firmware Engineer at Spectra Logic:

“They were looking for someone to write firmware in C++ and had a small program as part of test for this. Since I had indicated my experience in this are was from many years ago and not very long in…”

Jul 13, 2014

Interview Question for Firmware Engineer at Seagate Technology:

“Know your stuff, they will ask tech questions. Just basic engineering stuff, logic gates, algorithms for C programming, data structures and hexadecimals and binary. These are prob most important to…”

Jun 18, 2014

Interview Question for Firmware Engineer at Intel Corporation:

“Nothing which I could not deal with”

May 19, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at SK Hynix Memory Solutions:

“given rand(4) function,write code for rand(9) so that the random numbers are generated with equal probability.
write a function to determine pow(x,n)
find an element in a rotated sorted array…”

May 6, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Digi International:

“Didn't know the answers for many but I just approached it as here is what I would do in this situation.”

May 3, 2014