freightquote.com

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.7

User Experience Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at freightquote.com in December 2014.

I received a phone call setting up the interview, upon arriving at the facility I thought the campus was well kept and impressive as far as 'curb appeal'. After signing in at the front desk I was greeted happily and left a positive feeling. After a few minutes I was received by one of the Managers who was enthusiastic and full of energy. We went upstairs to a conference room where we (Myself, two product managers and their manager if memory serves) talked about freightquote, who they are and where they are going, followed by my past experience touching on different questions.

Interview Questions
    • In order to verify my skillset in UX taking a little time to look at their website and to create a wireframe mockup of some things I would see done to improve usability.   View Answer
    I am still in the process of reviewing the benefits packages and will be getting back next week.

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at freightquote.com.

Initial phone interview to get to know you. Invited for formal interview with HR manager, then interview with a regional sales manager in the same day. At the time it seemed as if you had to know somebody who worked there to get a position.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at freightquote.com.

Hiring process was quick as they seem to want to just bring in as many people as they can.

For the interview they really didn't care about anything other than sales experience, which is understandable. All questions delt with sales experience and nothing else.

No negotiation available.

freightquote.com Response

Aug 20, 2014Sr Manager, Talent Acq Strategy

Freightquote is growing and we are looking to hire on average 20-25 Account Executives (Sales Rep) per month. We interview a high number of candidates however only 1 out 4 interviewees get an offer ... More

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at freightquote.com.

Was contacted by recruiter to apply for a contract-to-hire. Went in for three interviews with three different people, about a half hour each, and there were some technical questions but overall pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly just a few questions related to SQL Server (incl. SSRS).   Answer Question

Decided not to pursue a contract-to-hire at this company.

Freight Broker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at freightquote.com.

Was first contacted for a phone interview. It was a short and basic interview asking about my background, why I was interested in the job, etc. Also asked some situational questions such as "give me a time when you had to deal with a complaint and how you reacted to it." Phone interview lasted about 20 mins. Got an email a few days later for an in-person interview at their headquarters office. First met with HR lady, basically went over the same thing as the phone interview but with a little more detail. Then was interviewed by one of the managers. That interview was more for me to sell myself to him on why I deserved the job. next he took me up stairs to the "floor" where I shadowed two different positions to get an idea of what day-to-day activities were like. I was at each position for about 45 mins. After those were done, had one more 5 min interview with another guy just for me to ask questions and such.

Interview Questions
    • How do you sell something to someone who doesn't understand what you are trying to sell?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at freightquote.com.

Multiple interviews but easy.

Interview Questions
    • Following the presentation put forth during interview. It is as if you have been working their for months and know their proprietary software without having seen it.   Answer Question
    Back and forth but they could not budge.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online – interviewed at freightquote.com in November 2012.

Phone Interview with HR who sent a link for personality test

Freight Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at freightquote.com in September 2012.

You'll have at least two different people interviewing you. Most likely someone from HR and someone on the management side. Lots of generic questions you might hear from other interviews. Nothing drastic. They ask when you can bring to the company. Discuss any limitations that you may have. Be as honest as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to go out your way to deal with an unsatisfied customer.   Answer Question
    Base salary was negotiated due to my previous employment with another logistics company.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Anthony, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Anthony, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at freightquote.com in December 2011.

The hiring process was on par with other large companies I have worked with.
    I came highly qualified for the position and was referred by an existing employee so the interview was very relaxed and candid.

Interview Questions
    • Typical of most interviews although they do give you a sales test to see what your dominate selling technique is which was very interesting and surprisingly accurate.   Answer Question
    Open and honest, not much to negotiate because they are very generous in compensation and benefits

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at freightquote.com in November 2010.

It was an on site career fair. I walked in told them I was there for a sales position. Waited in line and they took us into these little curtained boxes. It was very fast paced and they didn't even look at my resume until I started referencing to it. They asked to describe my work ethic, how I overcome objections, and how I gained clients in my previous position. I thought we were done, and the HR rep asked if I had a few minutes to meet with a sales director. We went into another booth and he didn't look at my resume at all just talked really disinterested and kept telling me it was a "good job". It was frustrating because I was also trying to interview him. I wanted to learn more about their processes to see if I would be a good fit. He just kept saying "we will get into that later". The next day they called and said they wanted to make an offer after my background check, called 3 days later saying the background check wasn't done. They called today to see if I had any questions. I missed the call unfortunately but it's funny they even asked me to pick a start date, but I still don't have an offer.