frog design Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Jul 11, 2015

3.4

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very thorough with all senior creative, operations, and executive leadership. Was conversational, comprehensive, and well prepared. Best interview was with the President of the company. We hit it off immediately and knew that I was going to fit in well.

Interview Questions

• Questions that probed on cultural fit, experience working in the industry, and ability to collaborate.   Answer Question

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX).

Interview

One round of talks over coffee with a Creative Director, then two rounds of in person interviews at the studio. The in person interviews were challenging. At one point – 12 frogs were in the room asking questions about my work. They were complete professionals and their questions were centered around design. If you don't know what you are doing design wise then don't bother.

Interview Questions

• What type of design work did I want to be doing in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Several rounds of back and forth with the HR recruiter only.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX).

Interview

Referred from a friend there, got me pumped about the position, put together a solid preso for the panel, only to tell me they wouldn't even be able to hire if they liked me... waste of time—they should've called me when they were ready to make a move...

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online, then received a call from the recruiter. Once she chatted with me she set up a call between me and the Director. Once the Director "approved" of me, they set up an in office interview where I met with two Directors of Program Management as well as two Creative Directors. Each interview lasted roughly half an hour and was mainly directed at what my background was and how I might be successful in the role I was applying for. Two days later I received a call saying I had the job and could I start the following week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career going in the next 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation

I met with the recruiter to talk about what range I was hoping for, and she then went to "the powers that be" to negotiate my rate. She then came back with a number to present me (a few days later) and I had the opportunity to ask for more or accept. Once I accepted, I signed and it was done.

Major Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I came in not knowing what I was interviewing for. I thought it would be for strategy, but ended up being sales. In the end, I met with the President of the company which was great and she guided me into a sales role. I thought that was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What did I want to do after being succesful at frog.   1 Answer

Negotiation

2-3 weeks of waiting but ultimately not much negotiation.