frog design

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Greenville, SC

I interviewed at frog design in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process was very efficient it took only 2 weeks. I applied online and was contacted by HR. The interview was very comfortable and professional. The questions were straight forward, no abstract off the wall questions

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Executive Director, Program Management Interview

Executive Director, Program Management
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at frog design in March 2012.

Interview Details – One of the more disconcerting series of interviews I have ever encountered. The first interview was a phone interview with a recruiter. Much more detailed than I expected. He was very knowledgeable about process, technology and various operational methodologies. I was very impressed. Very polite, courteous and progressional.

A second interview was scheduled with the corporate COO. Took weeks to get that scheduled but I understand the challenges of finding time in a COO's busy schedule. It was via Skype and she didn't seem to know how to use it and kept getting disconnected, at one point she had to call someone for help. I was embarrassed for her but once she was back on she seemed too cool for school, almost annoyed that she had to be in the interview and kept name dropping. Didn't ask me a whole lot of questions. It was very uncomfortable.

I came away from the interview not feeling great about the company and was surprised that a third interview was scheduled with, presumably, a peer in the Austin office. He was nice enough and the only one who asked 'tough' questions. Mostly about corporate finance. They were clearly looking for a person with a strong finance background, which was not my experience. It lasted about an hour. I came away feeling like the company didn't know where it was going. None of the interviewers seemed aligned on the job responsibilities. And were all pretty loosey-goosey, looking for some intangible cool factor that the other didn't know about.

At the time they had just merged with a mobile company and KKR was clearly looking to sell them or change the business.

I think once, they were the coolest kids on the playground and could rely on their relationship with Apple to bring them cache but now with so many other product design shops and innovation labs opening up, competition is fierce and they just don't seem to have it together anymore.

Interview Question – How do you manage and develop a budget?   Answer Question

Major Accounts Director Interview

Major Accounts Director
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at frog design in March 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews. All at NY studio. After joining seemed not all senior team were included in the recruitment decision for political reasons which created issues during onboarding. Talent was efficient in all communications.

Interview Question – Why frog? I felt they were more interested in recruiting me as I don't think I had a very strong answer to that Q!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Friendly and supportive.

Visual Designer Interview

Visual Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at frog design in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly casual. Bring a lot of work and show your process. Do a lot of the talking and be a people person. Ask questions to make sure it's a good fit for you. If hired, don't be afraid to negotiate salary. There is a huge range within a job title and they always start on the low side.

Interview Question – What do you expect to get out of this experience?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at frog design.

Interview Details – Extremely frustrating interview process. Recruiter was in Austin, scheduler was in SF, interviews were all over the globe. Five phone interviews before an intensive in-person round of interviews. Fortunately (or not), more than half the interviewers did not show up for their appointed time. In fact, at one point I was left alone in a conference room for an hour an a half. There was very little response after the interview, but eventually I did receive a curt email from the recruiter, complete with spelling errors. I did email a few people for feedback following the interviews but no one ever responded.
I am a big fan of their work but not a fan of the company. Every person I met seemed miserable and stressed out. Many of the questions dealt with frustrations and challenges; they did not present an environment I would want to work for.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Major Account Director Interview

Major Account Director
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at frog design in August 2010.

Interview Details – I came in not knowing what I was interviewing for. I thought it would be for strategy, but ended up being sales. In the end, I met with the President of the company which was great and she guided me into a sales role. I thought that was very helpful.

Interview Question – What did I want to do after being succesful at frog.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2-3 weeks of waiting but ultimately not much negotiation.

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

User Experience/UI Designer
Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at frog design in April 2013.

Interview Details – Campus interview. Two very nice people interviewed me. Even though I was late for the interview, but they were still so nice to understanding me. After they came back to company, I got the Email from their recruiter, told me to pick my favorite place to work.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Senior Visual Designer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at frog design.

Interview Details – One round of talks over coffee with a Creative Director, then two rounds of in person interviews at the studio. The in person interviews were challenging. At one point – 12 frogs were in the room asking questions about my work. They were complete professionals and their questions were centered around design. If you don't know what you are doing design wise then don't bother.

Interview Question – What type of design work did I want to be doing in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Several rounds of back and forth with the HR recruiter only.

Business Development Director Interview

Business Development Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at frog design.

Interview Details – Lengthy process involving speaking with many people locally and globally. Other than the length and slowness, frog does a pretty good job in this stage.

Interview Question – Scenario questions: What would you do if a client wanted to....?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Okay, not too bad. Pretty typical.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Senior Visual Designer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at frog design.

Interview Details – Referred from a friend there, got me pumped about the position, put together a solid preso for the panel, only to tell me they wouldn't even be able to hire if they liked me... waste of time—they should've called me when they were ready to make a move...

Interview Question – What color is your Ferris Wheel?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at frog design

Worked for frog design? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at frog design interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by frog design employees and interview candidates.