frog design Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at frog design (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through employee referral and the website. It took a good two months for the whole process. There was a phone screen and a portfolio review. This was the first stage. The second was the on-site interview with some team members.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about frog projects that you have seen. How would you improve them, Gove one example.   Answer Question

Principal Technologist Interview

Interview

The Talent Acquisition Partner was very upfront about the health of the company, the culture and the compensation and extremely helpful in assisting me through the hiring process. She was responsive to any and all inquiries I had as things moved forward. The process can take a while, with multiple rounds of phone and in-house interviews in multiple cities and some down time in between, but that wasn't a concern for me since I was coming from a job I liked. frog did an excellent job of selling me on the company and I have been very pleased with the transition so far.

Interview Questions

• Describing a project that failed or didn't live up to expectations.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at frog design.

Interview

Extremely frustrating interview process. Recruiter was in Austin, scheduler was in SF, interviews were all over the globe. Five phone interviews before an intensive in-person round of interviews. Fortunately (or not), more than half the interviewers did not show up for their appointed time. In fact, at one point I was left alone in a conference room for an hour an a half. There was very little response after the interview, but eventually I did receive a curt email from the recruiter, complete with spelling errors. I did email a few people for feedback following the interviews but no one ever responded.
    I am a big fan of their work but not a fan of the company. Every person I met seemed miserable and stressed out. Many of the questions dealt with frustrations and challenges; they did not present an environment I would want to work for.

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at frog design (Savannah, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Campus interview. Two very nice people interviewed me. Even though I was late for the interview, but they were still so nice to understanding me. After they came back to company, I got the Email from their recruiter, told me to pick my favorite place to work.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at frog design (Austin, TX).

Interview

One round of talks over coffee with a Creative Director, then two rounds of in person interviews at the studio. The in person interviews were challenging. At one point – 12 frogs were in the room asking questions about my work. They were complete professionals and their questions were centered around design. If you don't know what you are doing design wise then don't bother.

Interview Questions

• What type of design work did I want to be doing in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Several rounds of back and forth with the HR recruiter only.

Business Development Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at frog design.

Interview

Lengthy process involving speaking with many people locally and globally. Other than the length and slowness, frog does a pretty good job in this stage.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions: What would you do if a client wanted to....?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Okay, not too bad. Pretty typical.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at frog design (Austin, TX).

Interview

Referred from a friend there, got me pumped about the position, put together a solid preso for the panel, only to tell me they wouldn't even be able to hire if they liked me... waste of time—they should've called me when they were ready to make a move...

Major Accounts Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at frog design (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR/in-house recruiter two weeks after resume was submitted. Hiring manager phone interview with hiring manager within 3 days after; invited for a half-day Studio interview at the end of call. Studio interviews with two top decision makers, hiring manager (2X) and recruiter. Three out of five went well and the other two so obvious then. The interview process was overall fine, the response timetable was not kept.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at frog design (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

First of all I must say this has been the longest I have ever been interviewed at any company. I came in touch with a recruiter in November 2011 and spoke about the role in Amsterdam, NL. After speaking with Creative Director in Germany in December and then various directors at San Francisco, Austin, South Africa and Seattle the interview literally stretched over a year. At times there would be gap of days or weeks or even months before I get another email from their HR asking me for another interview with a person at Frog.

When this all happened, interestingly they also switched my position from Amsterdam to Seattle. Finally I met the VP of Architecture at Seattle in March 2012. I flew in overnight and had only 1 hour interview with the VP and 2 interviews with other creative directors. I barely made to my flight right after the interview and despite foreseeing this craziness and mentioning this to travel coordinator I still could not convince them why spending good time interviewing is a good idea. I spoke with many people about the role and none could define it clearly. Everyone gave me a new description all together.

Finally after I returned home after 1:1 interviews I heard from HR that three MORE people wanted to interview me. What the hell ! I agreed for the last time only until I heard from HR again asking me to consider the same role at Austin TX and not at Seattle !! This was the last time I dealt with such an unprofessional company. Moreover the HR told me if I signed the offer I would be responsible to move on my own (from another country) and only get a reimbursement of $5000 USD. They don't even provide temporary housing and expect an international candidate to manage it ! I outrightly refused to interview further and cancelled my last interview with those three people.

I have interviewed at many companies including Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Amazon, RIM and had various positions in these companies. Never before have I ever encountered such an unprofessional company as Frog Design. I would recommend everyone to slash it out from their prospective employers list all together.

Interview Questions

• What does the term Solution Architect strike to you as?   1 Answer

For all the reasons above

Major Accounts Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at frog design (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews. All at NY studio. After joining seemed not all senior team were included in the recruitment decision for political reasons which created issues during onboarding. Talent was efficient in all communications.

Interview Questions

• Why frog? I felt they were more interested in recruiting me as I don't think I had a very strong answer to that Q!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Friendly and supportive.