frog design Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Interaction Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at frog design.

Interview

Phone interview screening to hear about my background and interests and why I wanted to work at Frog. Recruiter explained the internship program and what they were looking for. Then brought in for portfolio review with 3-4 other designers. Pre portfolio review, I was sent an email about things I should focus on in presentation. Constant email back and forth with the talent acquisition partner.

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very thorough with all senior creative, operations, and executive leadership. Was conversational, comprehensive, and well prepared. Best interview was with the President of the company. We hit it off immediately and knew that I was going to fit in well.

Interview Questions

• Questions that probed on cultural fit, experience working in the industry, and ability to collaborate.   Answer Question

Design Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at frog design in May 2015.

Interview

Professional interview with a comfortable atmosphere before the interview, the hr will give a simple guideline for this interview Process is like: Self Intro (both sides) one detailed case (related to this role) questions about this case your questions to this role simple feedback

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at frog design (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through employee referral and the website. It took a good two months for the whole process. There was a phone screen and a portfolio review. This was the first stage. The second was the on-site interview with some team members.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about frog projects that you have seen. How would you improve them, Gove one example.   Answer Question

Interview

The Talent Acquisition Partner was very upfront about the health of the company, the culture and the compensation and extremely helpful in assisting me through the hiring process. She was responsive to any and all inquiries I had as things moved forward. The process can take a while, with multiple rounds of phone and in-house interviews in multiple cities and some down time in between, but that wasn't a concern for me since I was coming from a job I liked. frog did an excellent job of selling me on the company and I have been very pleased with the transition so far.

Interview Questions

• Describing a project that failed or didn't live up to expectations.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at frog design.

Interview

Extremely frustrating interview process. Recruiter was in Austin, scheduler was in SF, interviews were all over the globe. Five phone interviews before an intensive in-person round of interviews. Fortunately (or not), more than half the interviewers did not show up for their appointed time. In fact, at one point I was left alone in a conference room for an hour an a half. There was very little response after the interview, but eventually I did receive a curt email from the recruiter, complete with spelling errors. I did email a few people for feedback following the interviews but no one ever responded. I am a big fan of their work but not a fan of the company. Every person I met seemed miserable and stressed out. Many of the questions dealt with frustrations and challenges; they did not present an environment I would want to work for.

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at frog design (Savannah, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Campus interview. Two very nice people interviewed me. Even though I was late for the interview, but they were still so nice to understanding me. After they came back to company, I got the Email from their recruiter, told me to pick my favorite place to work.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX).

Interview

One round of talks over coffee with a Creative Director, then two rounds of in person interviews at the studio. The in person interviews were challenging. At one point – 12 frogs were in the room asking questions about my work. They were complete professionals and their questions were centered around design. If you don't know what you are doing design wise then don't bother.

Interview Questions

• What type of design work did I want to be doing in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Several rounds of back and forth with the HR recruiter only.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at frog design.

Interview

Lengthy process involving speaking with many people locally and globally. Other than the length and slowness, frog does a pretty good job in this stage.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions: What would you do if a client wanted to....?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Okay, not too bad. Pretty typical.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX).

Interview

Referred from a friend there, got me pumped about the position, put together a solid preso for the panel, only to tell me they wouldn't even be able to hire if they liked me... waste of time—they should've called me when they were ready to make a move...