genesis 10

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

Interviewed at genesis 10

Interview Details – Waited 11/2 hours at a Genesis 10 job fair for an open IT position to which I had skills and experience for. Finally, called by an arrogant recruiter, who to my shock, said he didn't have any IT background let alone know anything about the software listed in my resume. Shown the door in less than 2 minutes.

Interview Question – Unexpected question from Recruiter - "I don't have an IT background." Don't know anything about the software you're taking about.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at genesis 10.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter based off of a resume posted on Monster.com. After initial contact via phone and email, a phone interview was set up. Following a successful phone interview, an in-person interview was conducted at their St. Paul location. Due to my existing obligations, I declined to continue with the process. Standard behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very strait-forward, behavioral based interview questions. The most difficult, as per usual, related around personal weaknesses. The next most difficult question related to my other potential commitments as I did not know how much to divulge.   Answer Question

Career Acceleration Program Interview

Career Acceleration Program
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at genesis 10 in January 2010.

Interview Details – Asked me about resume and how experiences posted on resume matched with the position. Won't hear back for another interview until April, not sure why it will take so long for them to process me, and hopefully I will already have an offer by then. Interview was pretty easy and I was able to get a few questions answered about how the program works.

Interview Question – Tell me about your teamwork based coursework   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

G10 Associate Interview

G10 Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at genesis 10 in April 2012.

Interview Details – Be prepared to wait -- a very, very long time. I meet the recruiter at a career fair in December, Phone interview in February, in person interview in March, group/case interview (that I had to skip classes and drive 1.5 hrs and pay for parking with no re-imbursement) in April. Then, finally, a interview with the client in late April. The client said I wasn't right for that position but that they liked me and that genesis 10 should keep applying me for positions which we required less experience. It is now early June and I found out from several resources that they were not even submitting my information to the client, even when I would often be filling out applications for the positions. When I tried to contact the recruiter and the delivery manager they ignored me... except once when the delivery manager actually answered because she confused my phone number for a client! She said she would call me back but not surprisingly she didn't. I am very upset as a turned down several very good offers while waiting for Genesis 10 to get back to me/get a job for me/or at least submit my information to the client!!!! I am now working with a different staffing/consultant service provider with a local office.

In Summary: Be prepared to waste a lot of time for nothing. The staff at Genesis 10 is way overbooked or simply just too good to give you the time of day. If you are interested in this type of service find a different company that has a local office and is willing to at least reply to your e-mails.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral... Tell me about a time, blah blah blah   Answer Question
  • (case study) In a room with 8 candidates... separate yourself into two teams a create a business plan.. you have 2 hours...go!   View Answer

Worked for genesis 10? Contribute to the Community!