gloProfessional Interview Questions

3.1

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindenhurst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindenhurst, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at gloProfessional.

2 phone interviews along with face to face interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions
    • This is not a glamorous job. What makes you qualified for this position without your outside sales experience?   Answer Question
    They basically asked what was my bare minimum of a salary I could live on...

Outside Sales Consultlant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at gloProfessional.

The first interview was a webcam with Human Resources. She was very nice and friendly, however, didn't ask questions relating to an outside sales position. The second interview was with with a hiring manager. She was not friendly or upbeat. Seemed a bit intimated with the extreme amount of experience that I have in sales. The compensation package was very misleading. I was told something totally different during both interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The questions during the second interview were not related to an outside sales position. They were more related to make up application.   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at gloProfessional.

Went through a series of 5 interviews. One telephone interview with recruiters, 1 via Skype with another recruiter, a face to face with regional manager, telephone interview with the VP and field ride. Through observations and questions, seems company does not support its employees with such things as training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you treat a customer who denied access or said they were not interested?   Answer Question

Pay, company culture

gloProfessional Response

Mar 1, 2013Corporate Recruiter

Practice is the only way to truly learn make up application. We teach you the basics, but when it comes to being proficient, you just have to roll up your sleeves and try.
    Our training program
    ... More

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at gloProfessional.

I was brought on by an agency. My first interview with glo was professional and courteous. I was thrilled by how the position so completely aligned with what I was looking for in my next position.
    I was interviewed by the VP of Sales and the VP of Marketing. Both were friendly, yet professional.

I had a phone interview with the agency the previous week and had to wait until Monday for the next stage. All weekend I found myself obsessed with the opportunity to create an amazing recruitment department, enjoyable interview process and work on employee retention efforts. This excited me as I believe in transparency and communication with employees and management. I wanted to be somewhere I could make a difference.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your current skin care routine?"   View Answer
    No real negotiation. I had been in a temporary/ part time role as I was previously laid off and didn't have much leverage. I knew I would have to prove myself in this role.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at gloProfessional.

I was initially contacted by the Corporate Recruiter, followed by a phone screening and one on one interview with her at corporate headquarters. Finally, an interview with the Vice President of Regional Sales. The process was comfortable, professional and enjoyable.

gloProfessional Response

Feb 13, 2013Corporate Recruiter

We are taking great strides here at glo to provide the best interview experience possible. Our current new hire process from prescreen to hire is approximately 3 weeks. We are stringent in our hiring ... More

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at gloProfessional in February 2013.

It started with a phone interview. Then a web cam interview. Then a ride along.

It was the worst experience I have ever had on a ride along. The young woman was very nervous didn't have the day planned properly. First call didn't open until 12 there at 10. Third call business closed and for a while name was even removed. Was worried about her job. I think she thought I was there to critical of her. Told me she was promised a certain amount of money but is not making even close to that. She has been with the company 4 months and had just gotten her computer. could explain how the commissions work. I traveled two hours to complete the ride along and I could not wait to get back home. The sad thing is she will be very good at her job with some guidance. They should not send a person out for a ride along without experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at gloProfessional.

The hiring and interview process has been great so far. It has taken a few months for the process to get to where we are now, but I appreciate that about the company. A good company searches for a great person to represent their company. Good people are hard to find. Everyone has been great though. Every person with gloProfessional has been so nice and friendly. They make me excited and happy and that makes me want to jump right in and start selling! Happy employees love their job and you can always tell a good company by their employees. When a great company takes care of it's employees they are happy employees.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "why do you think you want to work for gloProfessional". I found that question not only difficult because I have so much experience in the field and my passion is medical aesthetics that I had to watch myself and not overwhelm the hiring manager with too much excitement or experience.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Manhattan NYC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at gloProfessional in January 2013.

I felt the interviewing process was quite lengthy - submitted Resume - the phone interview 1 - phone interview 2 - Skype interview - interview with regional manager - spent 1 day in the field with manager - phone interview with Vice President - then asked to provide 10 references - THEN a phone call with an offer

Also there were 3 different essays and questions and answers

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions about the SkinCare business which I was able to gladly provide -   Answer Question
    Pretty simple - at that point pretty much everything was set

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at gloProfessional in November 2012.

First interview via computer. Second interview on phone. Third Interview, flown to do a ride along. Fourth interview, with VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • VP of sales will be harsh and rude and spend the entire interview attempting to talk you out of the job. It's to the point of almost insulting you, your job experience and your capabilities.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at gloProfessional in August 2011.

The interview process began with a brief phone interview where I was asked a few questions about why I was interested in the position, and if I was familiar with the beauty/digitel media industry.

The next week I had an in-person interview with two employees. It lasted for less than an hour and was fairly pleasant. The next afternoon I was invited to a follow-up interview with the president of the company.

The president spent the hour rehashing his personal accomplishments and explaining his thoughts on management; For example, how an employee should never tell an employer of their hardships (car accidents, severe illnesses, etc.) and appear upbeat at all times. Little attention was given to the job description or work environment -- basically the purpose of the interview.

The president also spent some time stressing that since it was a new position I would have to "prove my worth" to the company. However I felt the real question was, "why should I pay you?"

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiating phase. I was offered a salary that amounted to $14/hr before taxes.