gloProfessional Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

3.3

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at gloProfessional (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

6 interviews and 3 months later. Finally meet after several flights to met with regional after a long layover and several times of getting delayed. Meet was offered the job, where I was informed of salary for first time. Said I wanted to crunch numbers and sleep on it. Was told the company has been known to eliminate candidates for negotiating. I then received a kiss off email, stating they were interviewing other candidates Lesson I should have checked reviews on Glassdoor.com first !.

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindenhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at gloProfessional (Lindenhurst, NY).

Interview

2 phone interviews along with face to face interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions

• This is not a glamorous job. What makes you qualified for this position without your outside sales experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They basically asked what was my bare minimum of a salary I could live on...

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at gloProfessional (Birmingham, AL) in August 2013.

Interview

Lengthy process. One Skype interview with Human Resources. Then I completed the application. Another phone call with Human Resources, then I had to write an essay about why I wanted to work for glo. Then I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. Then I moved to an interview with the Vice President of Sales. She was very honest about the time requirements for doing this job well. And then I had a face to face interview with the Regional Manager. She did a question and answer session. Wanted to make sure that I was informed of the time that the job demanded. There was also discussion of travel. Not all of the consultants have regular over night travel. The territory I was applying for required a good amount. I then did a ride a long with her. I visited two customers with her. One of them was new, so she was doing a product knowledge demonstration to the staff. I watched and helped with little things. Talked to the clients a bit. Later, she said that she wanted to see how the customers interacted with me. Which made sense. She was basically seeing how I reacted in a business situation. It went well, and really was a great way to actually see my social skills.

Interview Questions

• What were the 3 accounts I would want in each territory and why.   Answer Question
    • Was I comfortable presenting to doctors?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at gloProfessional.

Interview

The first interview was a webcam with Human Resources. She was very nice and friendly, however, didn't ask questions relating to an outside sales position. The second interview was with with a hiring manager. She was not friendly or upbeat. Seemed a bit intimated with the extreme amount of experience that I have in sales. The compensation package was very misleading. I was told something totally different during both interviews.

Interview Questions

• The questions during the second interview were not related to an outside sales position. They were more related to make up application.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at gloProfessional.

Interview

Went through a series of 5 interviews. One telephone interview with recruiters, 1 via Skype with another recruiter, a face to face with regional manager, telephone interview with the VP and field ride. Through observations and questions, seems company does not support its employees with such things as training.

Interview Questions

• How would you treat a customer who denied access or said they were not interested?   Answer Question

Pay, company culture

gloProfessional Response

Mar 1, 2013 – Corporate Recruiter

Practice is the only way to truly learn make up application. We teach you the basics, but when it comes to being proficient, you just have to roll up your sleeves and try. Our training program ... More

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at gloProfessional (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was brought on by an agency. My first interview with glo was professional and courteous. I was thrilled by how the position so completely aligned with what I was looking for in my next position. I was interviewed by the VP of Sales and the VP of Marketing. Both were friendly, yet professional. I had a phone interview with the agency the previous week and had to wait until Monday for the next stage. All weekend I found myself obsessed with the opportunity to create an amazing recruitment department, enjoyable interview process and work on employee retention efforts. This excited me as I believe in transparency and communication with employees and management. I wanted to be somewhere I could make a difference.

Interview Questions

• "What is your current skin care routine?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation. I had been in a temporary/ part time role as I was previously laid off and didn't have much leverage. I knew I would have to prove myself in this role.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at gloProfessional.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the Corporate Recruiter, followed by a phone screening and one on one interview with her at corporate headquarters. Finally, an interview with the Vice President of Regional Sales. The process was comfortable, professional and enjoyable.

gloProfessional Response

Feb 13, 2013 – Corporate Recruiter

We are taking great strides here at glo to provide the best interview experience possible. Our current new hire process from prescreen to hire is approximately 3 weeks. We are stringent in our hiring ... More

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at gloProfessional (Akron, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

It started with a phone interview. Then a web cam interview. Then a ride along. It was the worst experience I have ever had on a ride along. The young woman was very nervous didn't have the day planned properly. First call didn't open until 12 there at 10. Third call business closed and for a while name was even removed. Was worried about her job. I think she thought I was there to critical of her. Told me she was promised a certain amount of money but is not making even close to that. She has been with the company 4 months and had just gotten her computer. could explain how the commissions work. I traveled two hours to complete the ride along and I could not wait to get back home. The sad thing is she will be very good at her job with some guidance. They should not send a person out for a ride along without experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at gloProfessional (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

The hiring and interview process has been great so far. It has taken a few months for the process to get to where we are now, but I appreciate that about the company. A good company searches for a great person to represent their company. Good people are hard to find. Everyone has been great though. Every person with gloProfessional has been so nice and friendly. They make me excited and happy and that makes me want to jump right in and start selling! Happy employees love their job and you can always tell a good company by their employees. When a great company takes care of it's employees they are happy employees.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "why do you think you want to work for gloProfessional". I found that question not only difficult because I have so much experience in the field and my passion is medical aesthetics that I had to watch myself and not overwhelm the hiring manager with too much excitement or experience.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Manhattan NYC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at gloProfessional (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I felt the interviewing process was quite lengthy - submitted Resume - the phone interview 1 - phone interview 2 - Skype interview - interview with regional manager - spent 1 day in the field with manager - phone interview with Vice President - then asked to provide 10 references - THEN a phone call with an offer Also there were 3 different essays and questions and answers

Interview Questions

• Very detailed questions about the SkinCare business which I was able to gladly provide -   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty simple - at that point pretty much everything was set