Government Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

5,187 Interview Questions: 3140 of 5,187

Sort by

Sep 10, 2014

Interview Question for Senior Software Engineer at Fannie Mae:

“Nothing really, very straight forward. They asked me about specific software packages and if I had knowledge of them and if not was I interested in learning about them.”

Sep 10, 2014

Interview Question for Engineer at Naval Undersea Warfare Center:

“What do you not like to do?”

Sep 9, 2014

Interview Question for Tax Account Collections Technician at Pennsylvania Department of Revenue:

“The only thing that was difficult is trying to compare some of the scenerios they had set up to real life experiences I was involved in.”

Sep 8, 2014

Interview Question for Accountant I - Specialist at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation:

“Since I am applying for AP specialist, they ask me about the accounts payable cycle. The question or query is "describe the AP cycle".”

Interview Question for Mail Handler Assistant at US Postal Service:

“None”

Sep 8, 2014

Interview Question for Child Welfare Specialist at Oklahoma Department of Human Services:

“Why are people poor and how does that affect children? Describe your strengths/weaknesses”

Interview Question for Detention Officer at Collin County Sheriff:

“Do you feel that your personal life will affect your ability to work different shifts ?”

Interview Question for Detention Officer at Collin County Sheriff:

“Why do you want to get a job as a detention officer ?”

Sep 8, 2014

Interview Question for Legal Administrative Specialist (Benefit Authorizer) (Recent Graduates) at Social Security Administration:

“I was interviewed with two panelists (Managers). There were 8-9 questions and are mainly situational questions on how you'll handle when something goes wrong while assisting with a client. The…”

Sep 7, 2014

Interview Question for Senior Research and Development Staff at Oak Ridge National Laboratory:

“Funding questions are more difficult as we do not know how govt to govt funding works”