Graduate Developer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

27 Interview Questions: 1120 of 27 Sort by

Jan 20, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at RB:

“behavioral question: Explain a situation where you had two conflicting options and you had to choose the option that you didn't agree with. What were the pros and cons? what did you do? What was…”

Dec 19, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at HSBC Bank USA:

“Tell us about a time you took the lead in a group? How did it work out?
What do you think sales means? Can sales skills be taught?”

Dec 2, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Tessella:

“I'm not sure which part of the interview made them not want to call me back, but if I had to do it again, I would emphasize my programming ability and experience. That is what they really care about.”

Nov 28, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at RB:

“- Why RB?
- Why marketing?
- What are two weaknesses?
- Say a time you had to really push obstacles to get an idea through.
- Say a time you proposed an idea.
- Say a time you had a project and…”

Interview Question for Anonymous at Microsoft:

“Write a function that when given a string will return the position of the starting point of the largest reoccurring character. (ie. given:"AAABBCCCCD" would return 5 (starting point of C))
Test your…”

Interview Question for Anonymous at Microsoft:

“Write a function (in your preferred language C, C++, or Java) that will take the given string and return the reverse. (ie. input:"abc def ghi" output:"ihg fed cba")
Optimize the above code (if…”

Interview Question for Anonymous at Microsoft:

“We have a quadtree algorithm and we are assuming that the boxes are labeled 0 (top left), 1 (top right), 2 (bottom left), 3 (bottom right) 'n' times. Write a function that when given an array input…”

Interview Question for Anonymous at Microsoft:

“You are in a room by yourself and someone walks into the room, asks you to find the temperature, and leaves. How would you find the temperature in the room without leaving the room?”

Interview Question for Anonymous at Microsoft:

“Someone codes and interface that consists of 3 input text boxes and a start button. When the start button is pressed a triangle will be drawn on the screen. Each side of the triangle will correspond…”

Feb 3, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at HSBC Bank USA:

“Tell me a situation in the past you have to influence others on decision makings.”