hhgregg

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Appliance Sales
Grove City, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in September 2012.

Interview Details – Standard behavioral test and interview questions (have you ever been in X situation and what was your response?).

Interview Question – A customer comes in and has no idea what to get their granddaughter, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Corporate sets the pay scale for sales associates, no negotiations possible except days off.

Appliance Sales

Interviewed at hhgregg

Interview Details – Phone screen - interview-offer-2 week training

Interview Question – Are you fearful of a 100% commission environment?   Answer Question

Rockford, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at hhgregg in March 2012.

Interview Details – Online Application that included a "Fit" Questionnaire and Resume. Called in for interview and received two interviews. One from SM and one from the GM.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected although some thought questions were challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. It was made clear this was a commission only position with an $8.25 per hour draw and commission based upon 1% of everything sold + a% of profit+ a floating scale up to 25% when Service Contracts were sold on eligible products.

Appliance Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at hhgregg in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by e-mail after I applied online for a new store that would be opening within a month or so.. In this email I was asked when a good time to have a brief phone interview would be. I replied and a very nice man called me the next day and told me about the position. He asked me to come for a formal interview the next week. I spoke with him for about an hour and he asked the most questions I've ever been asked in an interview. After that he had presented me to the GM and was told about a scheduling conflict I had. Because I would miss one week of the two week training (which I assumed would cost me the job), I was put in the "pool" and would be contacted if they didn't care for other applicants or if some dropped out during training.

Interview Questions

• What is the most memorable gift you've given recently?   Answer Question
  • "I'm a father trying to buy a fridge for my daughter's dorm room- sell me one."   Answer Question
  • After seeing our ads on TV, what suggestions would you make to increase sales for our company?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if a customer brought an item to you that she found on a bargain table and it rang up full price?   Answer Question
  • What are you passionate about?
    If that answer is a 10 on a scale of one to10, how passionate would you be about working for hhgregg?
      Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at hhgregg

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hhgregg Appliance Sales interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by hhgregg employees and interview candidates.