hhgregg Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.5

Hhgregg General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Had to drive all the way to Charlotte,NC. 5 hrs away to interview. Was a 30 minute process and drive all the way back. It was a panel interview with the Division Vice President and a Regional Manager. After that I met with the Division HR manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gastonia, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg (Gastonia, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

The Interview process usually takes an hour the management will look over you app and probably will give you some scenarios that may or have happened in the store to see how you will handle the each of them .They may ask you to give a sales pitch on a random product to see where your confidence level is at .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Electronic Salesman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Charlotte, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

The first manager asked about my accountability in last job. He didn't say about pure commission. He explained unclearly about the termination if a salesman does not sell well, e.g. no number of volume or amount $. The second manager explained stoutly for earning as commission paid only; don't expect to get hourly pay or $ or 'draw-$' as hhgregg calls as I knew later. It's not a difficult interview. One candidate just need to show up with determination to sell and work on commission base.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no much to negotiate. One can try to ask for the privilege of selling both sides, TV and appliance, to earn more volume and $. The other is to ask for certain date be off, e.g. Mon & Tue, because you get days-off on weekdays only.

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Pineville, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

Trained new hires on company procedures and managing customer expectations. Fast paced electronics and appliance retail environment requiring constant multi-tasking while ensuring a very high level of customer satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• When a customers wants to cancel their order. I like to get their salesperson involved so then can resolve the issue, and save the sale.   Answer Question