hhgregg Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

1.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at hhgregg in October 2014.

The interview was very laid back and comfortable. We actually sat in the furniture section of the store in a sectional and conducted the interview. All the questions were ," name a time when..." The hiring process was quick, I did the app, got called within 4 day's, did the interview, took the drug test and received my offer letter 3 days after drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to work as a team and what was the outcome ?   Answer Question
    Really no room to negotiate just a offer letter with the pay on it

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at hhgregg.

Aside from the issues I had with my throwaway email address being locked (I applied to the wrong store and had to use the throwaway to make a new account), the interview process was rather simple. You go in, answer rather basic questions and converse briefly with the manager before he gives you a rundown of your position. This is where everything goes to hell, as the position he describes is not the position you work. When I worked there, I was told I would be driving a forklift all day but ended up sweeping and moving appliances. And by sweeping, I mean sweeping the entire warehouse, repeatedly. Take that into consideration when s/he's detailing the job, as a buddy of mine was told he'd be building furniture and that's all he was told to expect, but rarely ever did (he swept too). All-in-all, don't expect to be doing what you were hired to do at all. They will put you where they need you and if you're afraid of heights like me, that's a big problem.

To make matters worse, I waited an hour in nearly empty conference room for the interview to begin, despite arriving 5 minutes early.

Interview Questions
    • They were really basic and He spent most of the time explaining in great detail which job I would (read: wouldn't) be doing while I was there.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much for negotiation: I was told what the position paid initially, and then the raise I would get after passing a probationary period (to the best of my knowledge, no one made it passed the probationary period aside from temps who wouldn't get a raise anyway.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg in July 2013.

simple, unprofessional interview. walked in and asked for the manager. he came out and we went through some simple experience questions, and it was over.

Electronic Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg in January 2013.

Simple, they are always desperate for people (very high turn over). As long as you can sell, have some experience you're hired. They will promise you will be able to be a MIT asap, but in reality their MIT program is low paying and not worth the trouble.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience. How would you demo speakers   Answer Question

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg in April 2012.

called in for interview after applied online

the working times

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg in March 2012.

Interview was very professional, had to do a small skills test and pick the top three things out of 10 that are the most important and order them by importance level.

Interview Questions
    • So, what are you interested in? Really? How would I know that you are interested in that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at hhgregg in January 2012.

Asked if in could sell, told them I had 10 years experience of retail sales and appliance sales under my belt. Was hired on the spot. They had 4 sales people in DRAW and needed help fast.
    Took a drug and they did a background check andni was working in week, after 3 days of super boring and dry training.

No negotiating. All commission sales

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg in October 2011.

HHGregg was a joke. I applied online and was called a few days later at 8 pm to come in the next day for an interview. I agreed and asked what time I should come in. I was told anytime between 2 and 4 were open so I asked for 3 and he said "great, I'll see you at 3." The next day I arrived at 2:50 and asked for the manager that was to interview me. I was told that he should be up in just a few minutes, he was in back conducting an interview. So I waited and talked to some employees about working there. All that I spoke to were unhappy and had multiple complaints, many similar in nature, but that is beside the point. After about 15 minutes went by, I was approached by another associate who asked me who I was there to see. After I told her, she told me that the manager wasn't there and that my interview wasn't until 4! I informed her that my interview was in fact for 3 o'clock and that I had already moved some things around in my day in order to be there for the 3 o'clock interview. She said that he should be back by 3:30 and asked if I could wait. I reluctantly agreed and continued to wait until 3:50 when he finally came back into the store laughing with a buddy he was apparently on lunch with. He was dressed sloppily and he brought me into the back break room to sit in some folding chairs for the interview. The interview was very basic in nature and very easy, however by that point I didn't even want the job. Overall, very unprofessional and poorly managed company from what I could see.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have to offer that will make you successful at HHGregg?   View Answers (3)

By all accounts, a terrible place to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg in September 2011.

2 hour online appliacation followed by an in person interview. drug test after that. Then you will be hired. Where black slacks with dress shoes and dress shirt. If you have a sports coat wear that as well.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you about recent accomplishments and goals you have achieved and how you reached them.   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at hhgregg in August 2011.

I received an email back from the company within a 12 hours. Within 2 days I had a phone call to set up an interview face to face with a manager that day. Had that interview, and was asked if I could interview with the stores general manager. I waited 15 mins and did that interview. Got offered the job on the spot and had an email offer that night. Drug Test the next day.