hhgregg

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – The hiring process will take, at a minimum, 2 weeks. No CMS that I have seen have been hired faster than within a 2 week period. Corporate will undoubtedly need various taxation and other legal documents completed many more times than just once. Background screenings take the majority of the two weeks, and the drug test has same-day results. If the background check gets back to the store in an efficient manner, then all you have to do is complete the company's forms a few times over, over the span of a few days, to be legally allowed to work.

Interview Question – Interviewing experience was very minimal, leading me to expect that the job wouldn't entail as much responsibility as they say. Unfortunately, you will be responsible for MUCH more than expected, and poorly compensated for your skills.   Answer Question

Jensen Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in August 2012.

Interview Details – very long took about 4 weeks from start to finish and you need to keep up with them they forget to check on it. The drug test is pretty fast but if you dont call them to remind them to check there email you may never hear from them again, the background test takes a few weeks per county and again you have to call them to remind them your being hired pretty aggravating

Interview Question – Why should we pick you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating its there way or no way

Pineville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in May 2009.

Interview Details – Trained new hires on company procedures and managing customer expectations. Fast paced electronics and appliance retail environment requiring constant multi-tasking while ensuring a very high level of customer satisfaction.

Interview Question – When a customers wants to cancel their order. I like to get their salesperson involved so then can resolve the issue, and save the sale.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – Started with the Operations Manager (your direct supervisor), asked basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Afterwards, you will be called back for a second interview with the GM.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a pay can fluctuate slightly depending on experience but not much leeway. It's a customer service job.

Merrillville, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in April 2012.

Interview Details – called in for interview after applied online

Negotiation Details – the working times

Homestead, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very professional, but down to earth Managers. All 3 Managers made the situation more comfortable, which calmed the nervous and anxiety feeling of an Interview. I was asked very general customer service related question. This interview only took about 5 minutes, then I was asked to stay a while longer while the store manager printed on a drug screen appointment, while I waited the other managers talked to me like we already knew each other. I waited about a week and a half for the results of my background check and then was called to start orientation and training.

Interview Question – Sale me a fridge   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation,

Glen Burnie, MD

The process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had a short phone interview first, which was easy, then she asked if I could come in for a follow up two days later. The 1 on 1 interview was a pretty easy interview for me, but the general manager that interviewed me was a really cool lady. Our interview was more of a conversation than a Q&A, which is what I excel at. We talked for almost 30 minutes and then she offered me the job on the spot. It was as painless an interview as they come, honestly.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   View Answer

Kissimmee, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in June 2011.

Interview Details – I origionally found out about the job by mistake. I applied for an ad on Craigslist for a CSR which turned out to be for a recruiter for HHGREGG looking for a Customer Service Merchandiser. I had to meet up with the recruiter at a local agency for the urine test and background test and go over a basic interview. After the basic interview I went to HHGREGG in Kissimmee and met with the HR associate and basicly signed papers and set up my schedule on when I would start work and how much I would be paid and how frequently.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult boss that you have had to work with in the past?   View Answer
  • What was a difficult situation that you had to handle with a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was negotiated 10.00 hr during training and 12.00 hr after training and 90 days. My situation was very different but I would go into it very open mindedly and with a clear head.

Waldorf, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a job at the Hhgregg as a Customer Service Merchandiser at the end of February. I got a call on March 7, 2011 with an interview offer. The interview was 3 days later with the operations lead. We didn't go into an office or anything. It was "quick and on the fly" as he said it would be upon greeting me. We went to a corner (a counter top by the vacuum section). We discussed my availability, education information and previous experience. Then scripted (standard) situational questions are asked from a printout he had. Then an employee comes up and interrupts relaying the man a message, he excuses himself to go take a phone call so I'm just standing there for a few. He comes back and continues with the questions. Then he delves into the description of the job and asks if it was what I intended. At the end he gives me room for questions and tells me they have a few more interview to do so I'd hear from him by the middle of the next week. I didn't hear from him so I called the next week (today) and was told that if I was hired that I would've been contacted by now.

Interview Questions

• How much of your pay would you want to be based on how you do your job?   Answer Question
  • When was a time you had to solve a problem that involved creativity?   Answer Question

Customer Service Merchandiser

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at hhgregg in July 2011.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview at first, and then a face to face interview with a manager and assistant manager. A background check was done, and then I was called and asked to do a drug test. After that, I was called and offered the position via a phone call.

Interview Question – What do you consider excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at hhgregg

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hhgregg Customer Service Merchandiser interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by hhgregg employees and interview candidates.