hhgregg

hhgregg General Manager Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Meet with store manager for 1st interview. 2nd and/or 3rd interview with Regional Manager and Divisional Vice President. They both have to approve but its the DVP that has final say. Interviews my be group conducted or several interviews go on in same store...doesnt mean there is only one spot...they will at times look for 2-3 at once. Sales experience helps

Interview Questions
  • They like to get a feeling for you....outside of work. There is a lot of work related questions...but they wanna know what makes you, you.   View Answer
Phone call with an offer. I attempted to negotiate but it is a bonus incentive position

Other Interview Reviews for hhgregg

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg in April 2010.

Recruiter contacted me, then I was contacted by a general manager who invited me in for an interview. I then interviewed with the district manager. People were pleasant a sales environment that puts its emphasis on closing customers. Company focus is to gain mkt share in appliances and have a professional staff the present to customers.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a sale problem and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

The pay scale wasn't financially adequate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at hhgregg in August 2009.

There is no interview procedure to prepare for. Most of the interview experiences are meet and greet scenarios and setting job expectations. The hardest part of hiring an hhgregg managers is finding a candidate that can work the long hours and handle the pressure for lower than big box retail average pay without burning out.

Interview Questions
    There is little room to negotiate. Discussing pay at hhgregg is highly discouraged as there is a large gap in pay between managers in the same position. Managers coming from outside the company are paid much more than managers promoted internally.

General Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at hhgregg in March 2009.

GOT A CALL FROM A RM.
    INTERVIEW WAS SET FOR A FACE TO FACE
    COMPLETED THE APPLICATION AND ASSESMENT TEST
    DID A BACK GROUND AND DRUG TEST
    MET WITH THE DVP
    WAS OFFERED THE JOB

Interview Questions
    Had to neg. three different times before setteling at 40K a yr as a GM. hhgregg offers a very small base salary with emphesis on bonuses and how big they are ( how big they MAY be). If you are offred a job, stick to your guns. hhgregg will not pay out base salaries like other big box retailers, So be sure you understand the bonus structure clearly. This is the only way you will exeed your income potential.