hhgregg Home Theater Sales Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

2.2

Home Theater Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Met with store electronics manager. Reviewed experience related to position and why I felt I would be best qualified candidate. Had second interview with store general manager, discussed store operation and what to expect.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for hhgregg

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at hhgregg (Asheville, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

A joke. Basic questions like sell me this pen. Have you ever done sales? Can you pass a drug test? Do you want the job? Bottom line is that it's a retail store.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge level of electronics?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None 100% commission

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call from them a few days later to come for an on-site interview. It went well, manager asked just a couple behavioral questions, asked for my opinion on how I'd rate myself in selling the following: Computers, TV, Home Audio, Furniture. Asked one seller related question (sell me this plastic stand). Not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I'm a customer, and sell me this plastic stand on this table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Columbus, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

Very professional. Positive outlook on company. Good background about company. Promises of moving up if you perform well. Not told about pay structure until hired. Good pay structure when hired. Good amount of training for the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colonial Heights, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Colonial Heights, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

Apply on line with very lengthy tests determining where you would be most suited for. They called for interview about a week later. They were doing group interviews at a hotel. I went in told them a little about myselft handed them my resume. They asked very basic questions about my background. They told me they would keep in touch. Next day they scheduled a drug test, and as soon as the results came back I was hired. Then the two week training course began. The people that interviewed me were very professional yet straight forward and told me what to expect from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• If someone comes in and says I want that item what do you do?   1 Answer

Home Theater Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at hhgregg in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the same night and had a short phone interview with the manager. He requested if I could come in to have a face to face interview the next day and it went well. I was then asked to take a drug screening and sign off for a background check. My background check and drug test came back fine and I was offered the position within four days of applying. The manager was very professional, courteous, and well spoken. The interview was held in a hotel conference room which was very nice and well organized. The work culture of the company was very professional and very businesslike.

Interview Questions

• He asked how I would handle a customer who did not want to leave without getting a product for a specific price, but much lower than we could afford to sell it for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a straight commission job, not much to negotiate.