hhgregg

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Home Theater Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – Met with store electronics manager. Reviewed experience related to position and why I felt I would be best qualified candidate. Had second interview with store general manager, discussed store operation and what to expect.

Interview Question – Sell manager a product   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from them a few days later to come for an on-site interview. It went well, manager asked just a couple behavioral questions, asked for my opinion on how I'd rate myself in selling the following: Computers, TV, Home Audio, Furniture. Asked one seller related question (sell me this plastic stand). Not too difficult.

Interview Question – Pretend I'm a customer, and sell me this plastic stand on this table.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Colonial Heights, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at hhgregg in February 2010.

Interview Details – Apply on line with very lengthy tests determining where you would be most suited for. They called for interview about a week later. They were doing group interviews at a hotel. I went in told them a little about myselft handed them my resume. They asked very basic questions about my background. They told me they would keep in touch. Next day they scheduled a drug test, and as soon as the results came back I was hired. Then the two week training course began. The people that interviewed me were very professional yet straight forward and told me what to expect from the beginning.

Interview Question – If someone comes in and says I want that item what do you do?   View Answer

Home Theater Sales

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at hhgregg in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call the same night and had a short phone interview with the manager. He requested if I could come in to have a face to face interview the next day and it went well. I was then asked to take a drug screening and sign off for a background check. My background check and drug test came back fine and I was offered the position within four days of applying. The manager was very professional, courteous, and well spoken. The interview was held in a hotel conference room which was very nice and well organized. The work culture of the company was very professional and very businesslike.

Interview Question – He asked how I would handle a customer who did not want to leave without getting a product for a specific price, but much lower than we could afford to sell it for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's a straight commission job, not much to negotiate.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!