hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.0

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interview was easy and fast.He just wanted to know me as a person. After he realized I had experience in sales and is very motivated he gave an offer as a sales associate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in application online on a Tuesday, got a call that Thursday from sales manager to come in for an interview. Scheduled it for that Friday at 2pm got there around 1:50 and one of the associates there asked me if he could help me, I told him I was there for an interview and he showed me around a bit while I waited for the manager to finish with the another applicant. That associate then went and talked to the manager before interviewing me and I'm not sure what was said but, I know the associate said to me that he would rather see me hired than the person that was already being interviewed and I guess he made that known to the manager. As soon as the manager came over to me he shook my hand and then said I guess we can start at sort of the end of the interview here, he showed me what I would be doing and what my responsibilities would be told me how sales work then we went to his desk, he asked me two questions maybe three. Then he just went into the detail of how pay worked and asked if I would be interested in coming in for a second interview. I said yes and we scheduled my second interview for this Monday coming up. He then mention how he liked me and said how well I kept eye contact and was involved in the interview compared to other applicants. I said thank you shook his hand and then left. Overall so far, I would rate this a great experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here/ how would you be successful here?
      2. Do you have any sales experience?
      3. What is your greatest strength?

1 Answer

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I started an application online and before I was finished a Manager from the store called me to set up an interview for two days later. The interview was with the positions direct supervisor and a department manager. After ten minutes of questions, I was asked to fill out a few questionnaires to determine my work style and the two interviewing me stepped outside the room. When the interviewers came back in they offered me the job.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I was asked what experience did I have, what kind of work background do I have and come from. The manager said Im only looking for people to strive for players club. So that they get there bonuses. Trust me run as fast as you can from this company.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview to me I thought it went great it wasn't long as I made it they let me take my application test there but I ended up taking too..

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The entire process took 3 weeks. I applied online and got a call for an interview after two weeks.
    I had an 1:1 interview with the GM and talk mostly about my past experiences. The GM described me the general responsibilities of a warehouse associate. Then after another week I was asked to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your past job experiences.
      Are you willing to work on weekends?

Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The interview process was very basic questions: why should we hire you, why do you feel you are best for the job, what are you salary requirements. It is a one day 25 minute process which anyone who interviews basically will get hired. Basically all star questions and will even throw in a question like whats your favorite tv show?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Incompetent interviewer, he Googled the questions and didn't understand the questions himself. He asked questions about AngularJS and NodeJS, the company doesn't use these technologies. If you're going to ask a candidate technology questions, make sure you know what the heck you're talking about. The interviewer is supposed to be a web developer but he doesn't even know about the technologies that HHGregg uses. Incredibly lazy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Node.js question from an interviewer that has never worked with node.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered $5K less than what I asked.

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

As long as you were willing to accept commission you were hired. Company is so cheap they no longer drug test. Turn around so high they apparently don't care if you are.

Interview Questions

• Typically questions of how would you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I called the store to see if they where hiring, the manger said yes they where . she took my name and number and asked if I could fill out an online application and the general manager would look at it later that day. I got a call in the evening to set up an interview the next day. I arrived to hhgregg 20 minutes early. I met with a manager and we sat on the couch's right in front of the store. I was asked about my holiday schedule and that was about it. The manager said he would call me later that day with an offer . he never did. So I called and the manager said that they didn't have an opening for me but would call me when they did.