hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.0

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Panel interview with GMs from across the region. Each asked specific questions about areas. Remember, this is( or was) a sales management position. Tailor your answers to building sales and developing associates.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is demanding a discount because he got one before, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Went through 4 people including a Divisional Vice President. Each mode was all about understanding who I was and how I influenced people. Some parts were informal and at sites outside of the stores, some were designed to test how I handle pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were in charge of multiple entities that were going through a major change and morale was low. How did you manage the environment, what were the results, and what were your failiures?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interview was easy and fast.He just wanted to know me as a person. After he realized I had experience in sales and is very motivated he gave an offer as a sales associate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in application online on a Tuesday, got a call that Thursday from sales manager to come in for an interview. Scheduled it for that Friday at 2pm got there around 1:50 and one of the associates there asked me if he could help me, I told him I was there for an interview and he showed me around a bit while I waited for the manager to finish with the another applicant. That associate then went and talked to the manager before interviewing me and I'm not sure what was said but, I know the associate said to me that he would rather see me hired than the person that was already being interviewed and I guess he made that known to the manager. As soon as the manager came over to me he shook my hand and then said I guess we can start at sort of the end of the interview here, he showed me what I would be doing and what my responsibilities would be told me how sales work then we went to his desk, he asked me two questions maybe three. Then he just went into the detail of how pay worked and asked if I would be interested in coming in for a second interview. I said yes and we scheduled my second interview for this Monday coming up. He then mention how he liked me and said how well I kept eye contact and was involved in the interview compared to other applicants. I said thank you shook his hand and then left. Overall so far, I would rate this a great experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here/ how would you be successful here? 2. Do you have any sales experience? 3. What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I started an application online and before I was finished a Manager from the store called me to set up an interview for two days later. The interview was with the positions direct supervisor and a department manager. After ten minutes of questions, I was asked to fill out a few questionnaires to determine my work style and the two interviewing me stepped outside the room. When the interviewers came back in they offered me the job.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at hhgregg (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter through social media. Played phone tag for two weeks before initial phone screen. Numerous phone interviews with various department heads and board members. Spent 8 hours driving myself to the interview, with no offer of lunch, a snack, a soda.....nothing. Very poor, unprofessional experience from a level of people who should know better. Follow up was non-existent. I think I dodged a bullet by not receiving an offer that I might otherwise have accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure (future department) including number of managers and what would their tasks be?   1 Answer
    • What immediate changes would you make?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any misgivings about working here?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I was asked what experience did I have, what kind of work background do I have and come from. The manager said Im only looking for people to strive for players club. So that they get there bonuses. Trust me run as fast as you can from this company.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview to me I thought it went great it wasn't long as I made it they let me take my application test there but I ended up taking too..

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Aurora, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

My amlost manager was suposed to interview me, he had an emergency he had to go take care of the assistant manager conducted the interview. It was very easy. All he did was ask me how I would handle it if someone were to call off. I said I would just work a little harder that day and if the work wasn't going to get done, then i would enlist someone else's help to make sure it got done. At the end he said as far as he's concerned i had the job. And i did :)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if someone called off?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The entire process took 3 weeks. I applied online and got a call for an interview after two weeks. I had an 1:1 interview with the GM and talk mostly about my past experiences. The GM described me the general responsibilities of a warehouse associate. Then after another week I was asked to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your past job experiences. Are you willing to work on weekends?   1 Answer