hhgregg

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.0

Seasonal Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

I called the store to see if they where hiring, the manger said yes they where . she took my name and number and asked if I could fill out an online application and the general manager would look at it later that day. I got a call in the evening to set up an interview the next day. I arrived to hhgregg 20 minutes early. I met with a manager and we sat on the couch's right in front of the store. I was asked about my holiday schedule and that was about it. The manager said he would call me later that day with an offer . he never did. So I called and the manager said that they didn't have an opening for me but would call me when they did.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at hhgregg in October 2014.

The interview process was real easy. Quick they just asked basic questions like what would you do if an irate customer is complaining in an unprofessional way. What time in one of your previous positions did you go above the expected customer service and things of the such. Went fast took about 15 minutes and had drug test the same day.

Really wasn't one get paid commission.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at hhgregg in October 2014.

The interview was very laid back and comfortable. We actually sat in the furniture section of the store in a sectional and conducted the interview. All the questions were ," name a time when..." The hiring process was quick, I did the app, got called within 4 day's, did the interview, took the drug test and received my offer letter 3 days after drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to work as a team and what was the outcome ?   Answer Question
    Really no room to negotiate just a offer letter with the pay on it

CAM Interview

the interview wasn't hard at all. It was about behavioral questions and about customer related questions about how you would or have handled the situations in past if any experience.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at hhgregg.

First interview was over the phone with Recuiter, basically just checking that you meet the minimum requirement of the position and second interview were by phone with Div HR Manager this was more structured, third interview was on site with Regional Manager alot of situational based questions, and job offer was offered over the phone a week later. Job offer was emailed to me, was required to print, sign and scan e-mail back in HR Dept., Also required to sign off on background check and complete drug test.

Interview Questions
    • None, most questions were situation based, need to answer in STAR format ie:
      S...ituation or /
      T...ask given
      A...ction taken
      R...esults achieved.

View Answer
    No negotiation available, offer was made, was very stedfast, take it or leave it.

Sales Interview

call back immediately because high employee turnover. Interview is short and sweet they will hire anyone. Drug test is required. You will be told your a sales person and that's what is expected but once you start you will have to do operational duties because hhgregg is cheap and won't hire enough hourly associates.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg in July 2014.

Filled out application on sunday received a call the next day to set up an interview i scheduled my interview for the same day since there was an opening. Arrived at the store at 3pm for my interview people didn't know who i was why i was there or what position i applied for. I finally meet with store manager after seating for about 35 minutes interview question where really non-existent basically went over work experience. offered me a crappy sales associate position on the spot and said we love to hire within, i declined 100% commission forget that mess

Interview Questions

didn't want a job with commision when i went in for management

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg.

Submitted an application online received a call the very next day. Went in for an interview with the sales manager, general interview questions and then a tour through the store. Was offered the job on the spot.

Background and drug test followed.

Interview Questions
    100% Commission zero negotiation.

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at hhgregg in July 2014.

The questions were standard run of the mill questions that you would receive at any other job. In my case the interviewer seemed completely lost when I brought up actual retail jargon such as "is cost control handled internally." A highschooler with no retail experience would have no problem excelling at this interview.

Interview Questions

This job is listed as a manager in training position however when questioned about what managerial duties you would be taught, the answer was none. What managerial duties would be expected of you? None. What was the salary? None, 100% commission based. They are hiring Sales associates under the guise of managers, any experienced manager(or even a regular sales clerk) looking at taking this position would be taking two steps back in their career. It's a very deceptive hiring practice that will only result in subpar workforce. Quick research will show that the stock for this company has fallen by 50%+ and they have a litany of complaints from former employees about being unable to make a living wage.

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

The hiring process will take, at a minimum, 2 weeks. No CMS that I have seen have been hired faster than within a 2 week period. Corporate will undoubtedly need various taxation and other legal documents completed many more times than just once. Background screenings take the majority of the two weeks, and the drug test has same-day results. If the background check gets back to the store in an efficient manner, then all you have to do is complete the company's forms a few times over, over the span of a few days, to be legally allowed to work.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing experience was very minimal, leading me to expect that the job wouldn't entail as much responsibility as they say. Unfortunately, you will be responsible for MUCH more than expected, and poorly compensated for your skills.   Answer Question