hhgregg

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.0

Had 3 interviews

Interview Questions
    If you have the experience and education you can negotiate pretty good

Sales Manager Interview

Not to bad, most start off with sales positions and work their way up the management ladder. Sales positions are like any other retail interview.

Appliance Sales Interview

Phone screen - interview-offer-2 week training

Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

Don' remember the interview much. I do remember them trying to push me into being a salesman.

Don' remember

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

I applied to a manager in training position. They hired me as a salesman with the understanding that after a month if i proved I could sell I would be put into the program. That unfortunately wasn't the end result, after a month I was informed that I needed to improve as a salesmen before I could get into the program. With the lack of business and the massive number of employees that were scheduled each day made it virtually impossible. In the meantime you make $8 an hour and they tell you most salesmen ave $18. Thats far from true they give you access to all the commission history after about a week you realize most employees make maybe $10 and a few top earner make $20.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Two interviews, initial interview askign a lot of questions like why hhgregg, what assests can you bring to the table and such.

Second interview is an explanation of how you get paid and what you qualify for, here you find out the structure is hideous and so is the pay.

there was none

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Simple interview process but you'll have to prove yourself on the sales floor. Can be a challenge depending on traffic and if other tenure associates are trying to snake your sales. Your experience can vary depending on location

Interview Questions
    • Name three cities you would like to work prefer to work at?   View Answer
    I negotiated my rate based on my education and sales performance

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

The hiring process will take, at a minimum, 2 weeks. No CMS that I have seen have been hired faster than within a 2 week period. Corporate will undoubtedly need various taxation and other legal documents completed many more times than just once. Background screenings take the majority of the two weeks, and the drug test has same-day results. If the background check gets back to the store in an efficient manner, then all you have to do is complete the company's forms a few times over, over the span of a few days, to be legally allowed to work.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing experience was very minimal, leading me to expect that the job wouldn't entail as much responsibility as they say. Unfortunately, you will be responsible for MUCH more than expected, and poorly compensated for your skills.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

call back immediately because high employee turnover. Interview is short and sweet they will hire anyone. Drug test is required. You will be told your a sales person and that's what is expected but once you start you will have to do operational duties because hhgregg is cheap and won't hire enough hourly associates.

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at hhgregg in July 2014.

The questions were standard run of the mill questions that you would receive at any other job. In my case the interviewer seemed completely lost when I brought up actual retail jargon such as "is cost control handled internally." A highschooler with no retail experience would have no problem excelling at this interview.

Interview Questions

This job is listed as a manager in training position however when questioned about what managerial duties you would be taught, the answer was none. What managerial duties would be expected of you? None. What was the salary? None, 100% commission based. They are hiring Sales associates under the guise of managers, any experienced manager(or even a regular sales clerk) looking at taking this position would be taking two steps back in their career. It's a very deceptive hiring practice that will only result in subpar workforce. Quick research will show that the stock for this company has fallen by 50%+ and they have a litany of complaints from former employees about being unable to make a living wage.