hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.0

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Not to bad, most start off with sales positions and work their way up the management ladder. Sales positions are like any other retail interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Had 3 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have the experience and education you can negotiate pretty good

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Don' remember the interview much. I do remember them trying to push me into being a salesman.

Negotiation

Don' remember

Appliance Sales Interview

Interview

Phone screen - interview-offer-2 week training

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I applied to a manager in training position. They hired me as a salesman with the understanding that after a month if i proved I could sell I would be put into the program. That unfortunately wasn't the end result, after a month I was informed that I needed to improve as a salesmen before I could get into the program. With the lack of business and the massive number of employees that were scheduled each day made it virtually impossible. In the meantime you make $8 an hour and they tell you most salesmen ave $18. Thats far from true they give you access to all the commission history after about a week you realize most employees make maybe $10 and a few top earner make $20.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Simple interview process but you'll have to prove yourself on the sales floor. Can be a challenge depending on traffic and if other tenure associates are trying to snake your sales. Your experience can vary depending on location

Interview Questions

• Name three cities you would like to work prefer to work at?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated my rate based on my education and sales performance

Sales Interview

Interview

call back immediately because high employee turnover. Interview is short and sweet they will hire anyone. Drug test is required. You will be told your a sales person and that's what is expected but once you start you will have to do operational duties because hhgregg is cheap and won't hire enough hourly associates.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Two interviews, initial interview askign a lot of questions like why hhgregg, what assests can you bring to the table and such. Second interview is an explanation of how you get paid and what you qualify for, here you find out the structure is hideous and so is the pay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The hiring process will take, at a minimum, 2 weeks. No CMS that I have seen have been hired faster than within a 2 week period. Corporate will undoubtedly need various taxation and other legal documents completed many more times than just once. Background screenings take the majority of the two weeks, and the drug test has same-day results. If the background check gets back to the store in an efficient manner, then all you have to do is complete the company's forms a few times over, over the span of a few days, to be legally allowed to work.

Interview Questions

• Interviewing experience was very minimal, leading me to expect that the job wouldn't entail as much responsibility as they say. Unfortunately, you will be responsible for MUCH more than expected, and poorly compensated for your skills.   Answer Question

Electronic Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at hhgregg (Downers Grove, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Simple, they are always desperate for people (very high turn over). As long as you can sell, have some experience you're hired. They will promise you will be able to be a MIT asap, but in reality their MIT program is low paying and not worth the trouble.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience. How would you demo speakers   Answer Question