hhgregg

Average Difficulty
104 candidate interviews

Interview Details – Had 3 interviews

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your employer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have the experience and education you can negotiate pretty good

Interviewed at hhgregg

Interview Details – Not to bad, most start off with sales positions and work their way up the management ladder. Sales positions are like any other retail interview.

Interview Question – Just to demo unit infront of management.   Answer Question

Appliance Sales Interview

Appliance Sales

Interviewed at hhgregg

Interview Details – Phone screen - interview-offer-2 week training

Interview Question – Are you fearful of a 100% commission environment?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – Don' remember the interview much. I do remember them trying to push me into being a salesman.

Negotiation Details – Don' remember

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – I applied to a manager in training position. They hired me as a salesman with the understanding that after a month if i proved I could sell I would be put into the program. That unfortunately wasn't the end result, after a month I was informed that I needed to improve as a salesmen before I could get into the program. With the lack of business and the massive number of employees that were scheduled each day made it virtually impossible. In the meantime you make $8 an hour and they tell you most salesmen ave $18. Thats far from true they give you access to all the commission history after about a week you realize most employees make maybe $10 and a few top earner make $20.

Interview Question – It was a basic interview nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – Two interviews, initial interview askign a lot of questions like why hhgregg, what assests can you bring to the table and such.

Second interview is an explanation of how you get paid and what you qualify for, here you find out the structure is hideous and so is the pay.

Interview Question – Why HHGregg   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Sales Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – Simple interview process but you'll have to prove yourself on the sales floor. Can be a challenge depending on traffic and if other tenure associates are trying to snake your sales. Your experience can vary depending on location

Interview Question – Name three cities you would like to work prefer to work at?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my rate based on my education and sales performance

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Customer Service Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – The hiring process will take, at a minimum, 2 weeks. No CMS that I have seen have been hired faster than within a 2 week period. Corporate will undoubtedly need various taxation and other legal documents completed many more times than just once. Background screenings take the majority of the two weeks, and the drug test has same-day results. If the background check gets back to the store in an efficient manner, then all you have to do is complete the company's forms a few times over, over the span of a few days, to be legally allowed to work.

Interview Question – Interviewing experience was very minimal, leading me to expect that the job wouldn't entail as much responsibility as they say. Unfortunately, you will be responsible for MUCH more than expected, and poorly compensated for your skills.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on the company website. Received a call 2 days later from the local Store Manager. Interview was not a professional interview nor was it appropriate for the open position I applied to.

Very Easy Interview

Receiving Associate Interview

Receiving Associate
Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – Aside from the issues I had with my throwaway email address being locked (I applied to the wrong store and had to use the throwaway to make a new account), the interview process was rather simple. You go in, answer rather basic questions and converse briefly with the manager before he gives you a rundown of your position. This is where everything goes to hell, as the position he describes is not the position you work. When I worked there, I was told I would be driving a forklift all day but ended up sweeping and moving appliances. And by sweeping, I mean sweeping the entire warehouse, repeatedly. Take that into consideration when s/he's detailing the job, as a buddy of mine was told he'd be building furniture and that's all he was told to expect, but rarely ever did (he swept too). All-in-all, don't expect to be doing what you were hired to do at all. They will put you where they need you and if you're afraid of heights like me, that's a big problem.

To make matters worse, I waited an hour in nearly empty conference room for the interview to begin, despite arriving 5 minutes early.

Interview Question – They were really basic and He spent most of the time explaining in great detail which job I would (read: wouldn't) be doing while I was there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much for negotiation: I was told what the position paid initially, and then the raise I would get after passing a probationary period (to the best of my knowledge, no one made it passed the probationary period aside from temps who wouldn't get a raise anyway.)

Interviews for Top Jobs at hhgregg

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hhgregg interview questions and advice. All 104 interview reviews posted anonymously by hhgregg employees and interview candidates.