hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gastonia, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg (Gastonia, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

The Interview process usually takes an hour the management will look over you app and probably will give you some scenarios that may or have happened in the store to see how you will handle the each of them .They may ask you to give a sales pitch on a random product to see where your confidence level is at .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Erie, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

The process was intense with the General Manager at the Erie, PA location. The emphasis was primarily based upon mobility and promotion. Overall the interview process was concise and direct. The General Manager set good expectations of what the job is like and what is to be expected from me.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to promote and relocate, If so where and how soon would you like to go?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Incompetent interviewer, he Googled the questions and didn't understand the questions himself. He asked questions about AngularJS and NodeJS, the company doesn't use these technologies. If you're going to ask a candidate technology questions, make sure you know what the heck you're talking about. The interviewer is supposed to be a web developer but he doesn't even know about the technologies that HHGregg uses. Incredibly lazy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Node.js question from an interviewer that has never worked with node.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered $5K less than what I asked.

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in application online on a Tuesday, got a call that Thursday from sales manager to come in for an interview. Scheduled it for that Friday at 2pm got there around 1:50 and one of the associates there asked me if he could help me, I told him I was there for an interview and he showed me around a bit while I waited for the manager to finish with the another applicant. That associate then went and talked to the manager before interviewing me and I'm not sure what was said but, I know the associate said to me that he would rather see me hired than the person that was already being interviewed and I guess he made that known to the manager. As soon as the manager came over to me he shook my hand and then said I guess we can start at sort of the end of the interview here, he showed me what I would be doing and what my responsibilities would be told me how sales work then we went to his desk, he asked me two questions maybe three. Then he just went into the detail of how pay worked and asked if I would be interested in coming in for a second interview. I said yes and we scheduled my second interview for this Monday coming up. He then mention how he liked me and said how well I kept eye contact and was involved in the interview compared to other applicants. I said thank you shook his hand and then left. Overall so far, I would rate this a great experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here/ how would you be successful here?
      2. Do you have any sales experience?
      3. What is your greatest strength?

1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interview was easy and fast.He just wanted to know me as a person. After he realized I had experience in sales and is very motivated he gave an offer as a sales associate.

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I started an application online and before I was finished a Manager from the store called me to set up an interview for two days later. The interview was with the positions direct supervisor and a department manager. After ten minutes of questions, I was asked to fill out a few questionnaires to determine my work style and the two interviewing me stepped outside the room. When the interviewers came back in they offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty Easy. I just came in and sat down with the sales manager and he asked me a few questions. They were really look to replace someone who had just left.

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

As long as you were willing to accept commission you were hired. Company is so cheap they no longer drug test. Turn around so high they apparently don't care if you are.

Interview Questions

• Typically questions of how would you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Hhgregg General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Had to drive all the way to Charlotte,NC. 5 hrs away to interview. Was a 30 minute process and drive all the way back. It was a panel interview with the Division Vice President and a Regional Manager. After that I met with the Division HR manager.

Home Theater Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Columbus, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

Very professional. Positive outlook on company. Good background about company. Promises of moving up if you perform well. Not told about pay structure until hired. Good pay structure when hired. Good amount of training for the job