hhgregg

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at hhgregg in October 2014.

The interview process was real easy. Quick they just asked basic questions like what would you do if an irate customer is complaining in an unprofessional way. What time in one of your previous positions did you go above the expected customer service and things of the such. Went fast took about 15 minutes and had drug test the same day.

Really wasn't one get paid commission.

Seasonal Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

I called the store to see if they where hiring, the manger said yes they where . she took my name and number and asked if I could fill out an online application and the general manager would look at it later that day. I got a call in the evening to set up an interview the next day. I arrived to hhgregg 20 minutes early. I met with a manager and we sat on the couch's right in front of the store. I was asked about my holiday schedule and that was about it. The manager said he would call me later that day with an offer . he never did. So I called and the manager said that they didn't have an opening for me but would call me when they did.

Business Commercial Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg in June 2010.

The interview process at HHGregg is rather involved for a retail sales position. I went through 5 separate interviews as well as (to be expected) a background check and a drug screen. Each interview was with a progressively higher person on the management ladder. I went to 3 separate locations in order to meet with the various store managers before they made a decision as well.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: I was applying for a local position and once I got to the last interview I was asked if I would be willing to relocate.   View Answer
    The position was a straight commission one so no pay negotiations were done.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at hhgregg in October 2014.

The interview was very laid back and comfortable. We actually sat in the furniture section of the store in a sectional and conducted the interview. All the questions were ," name a time when..." The hiring process was quick, I did the app, got called within 4 day's, did the interview, took the drug test and received my offer letter 3 days after drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to work as a team and what was the outcome ?   Answer Question
    Really no room to negotiate just a offer letter with the pay on it

CAM Interview

the interview wasn't hard at all. It was about behavioral questions and about customer related questions about how you would or have handled the situations in past if any experience.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg in September 2011.

HHGregg is built strongly around their culture. Required to be a good speaker and knowledgeable about business. Know the HHGregg story and the history. HHGregg is growing their furniture and bedding category so knowledge and interest in this is a huge plus

Interview Questions
    • If you weren't being interviewed would you shop here and why   Answer Question
    none

Electronic Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg in January 2013.

Simple, they are always desperate for people (very high turn over). As long as you can sell, have some experience you're hired. They will promise you will be able to be a MIT asap, but in reality their MIT program is low paying and not worth the trouble.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience. How would you demo speakers   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at hhgregg.

First interview was over the phone with Recuiter, basically just checking that you meet the minimum requirement of the position and second interview were by phone with Div HR Manager this was more structured, third interview was on site with Regional Manager alot of situational based questions, and job offer was offered over the phone a week later. Job offer was emailed to me, was required to print, sign and scan e-mail back in HR Dept., Also required to sign off on background check and complete drug test.

Interview Questions
    • None, most questions were situation based, need to answer in STAR format ie:
      S...ituation or /
      T...ask given
      A...ction taken
      R...esults achieved.

View Answer
    No negotiation available, offer was made, was very stedfast, take it or leave it.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg in October 2012.

I applied online and received an email for an interview in the same week. The interviewer just asked general questions of past work history. I was interviewed for about 15-20 minutes and was hired on the spot.

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at hhgregg in July 2014.

The questions were standard run of the mill questions that you would receive at any other job. In my case the interviewer seemed completely lost when I brought up actual retail jargon such as "is cost control handled internally." A highschooler with no retail experience would have no problem excelling at this interview.

Interview Questions

This job is listed as a manager in training position however when questioned about what managerial duties you would be taught, the answer was none. What managerial duties would be expected of you? None. What was the salary? None, 100% commission based. They are hiring Sales associates under the guise of managers, any experienced manager(or even a regular sales clerk) looking at taking this position would be taking two steps back in their career. It's a very deceptive hiring practice that will only result in subpar workforce. Quick research will show that the stock for this company has fallen by 50%+ and they have a litany of complaints from former employees about being unable to make a living wage.