hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.0

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at hhgregg in October 2014.

Interview

After being selected by my application, I was told to reapply, this time as an appliance sales associate because they do not hire directly into the manager in training position. (Which I later found out is a LIE)

Interview Questions

• What past experiences qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Ocala, NV) in November 2011.

Interview

The,interview was,good my interview name was jeff he was a great guy the time that he work with us I thought the starting pay should have been better but it was,easy and got a call back later that day

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy - Listened to the interviewer talk about an experience that h.h Gregg offers that I still have yet to see. The interview was more listening about how much money they say you can make which is not true

Interview Questions

• Cant remember any that was impressive   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The entire process took 3 weeks. I applied online and got a call for an interview after two weeks.
    I had an 1:1 interview with the GM and talk mostly about my past experiences. The GM described me the general responsibilities of a warehouse associate. Then after another week I was asked to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your past job experiences.
      Are you willing to work on weekends?

Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The interview process was very basic questions: why should we hire you, why do you feel you are best for the job, what are you salary requirements. It is a one day 25 minute process which anyone who interviews basically will get hired. Basically all star questions and will even throw in a question like whats your favorite tv show?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Home Theater Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at hhgregg (Asheville, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

A joke. Basic questions like sell me this pen. Have you ever done sales? Can you pass a drug test? Do you want the job? Bottom line is that it's a retail store.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge level of electronics?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None 100% commission

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at hhgregg (West Mifflin, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was real easy. Quick they just asked basic questions like what would you do if an irate customer is complaining in an unprofessional way. What time in one of your previous positions did you go above the expected customer service and things of the such. Went fast took about 15 minutes and had drug test the same day.

Negotiation

Really wasn't one get paid commission.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I called the store to see if they where hiring, the manger said yes they where . she took my name and number and asked if I could fill out an online application and the general manager would look at it later that day. I got a call in the evening to set up an interview the next day. I arrived to hhgregg 20 minutes early. I met with a manager and we sat on the couch's right in front of the store. I was asked about my holiday schedule and that was about it. The manager said he would call me later that day with an offer . he never did. So I called and the manager said that they didn't have an opening for me but would call me when they did.

Business Commercial Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process at HHGregg is rather involved for a retail sales position. I went through 5 separate interviews as well as (to be expected) a background check and a drug screen. Each interview was with a progressively higher person on the management ladder. I went to 3 separate locations in order to meet with the various store managers before they made a decision as well.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: I was applying for a local position and once I got to the last interview I was asked if I would be willing to relocate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position was a straight commission one so no pay negotiations were done.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at hhgregg (Gurnee, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and comfortable. We actually sat in the furniture section of the store in a sectional and conducted the interview. All the questions were ," name a time when..." The hiring process was quick, I did the app, got called within 4 day's, did the interview, took the drug test and received my offer letter 3 days after drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to work as a team and what was the outcome ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really no room to negotiate just a offer letter with the pay on it