hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.0

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The interview process was very basic questions: why should we hire you, why do you feel you are best for the job, what are you salary requirements. It is a one day 25 minute process which anyone who interviews basically will get hired. Basically all star questions and will even throw in a question like whats your favorite tv show?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Incompetent interviewer, he Googled the questions and didn't understand the questions himself. He asked questions about AngularJS and NodeJS, the company doesn't use these technologies. If you're going to ask a candidate technology questions, make sure you know what the heck you're talking about. The interviewer is supposed to be a web developer but he doesn't even know about the technologies that HHGregg uses. Incredibly lazy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Node.js question from an interviewer that has never worked with node.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered $5K less than what I asked.

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

As long as you were willing to accept commission you were hired. Company is so cheap they no longer drug test. Turn around so high they apparently don't care if you are.

Interview Questions

• Typically questions of how would you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I called the store to see if they where hiring, the manger said yes they where . she took my name and number and asked if I could fill out an online application and the general manager would look at it later that day. I got a call in the evening to set up an interview the next day. I arrived to hhgregg 20 minutes early. I met with a manager and we sat on the couch's right in front of the store. I was asked about my holiday schedule and that was about it. The manager said he would call me later that day with an offer . he never did. So I called and the manager said that they didn't have an opening for me but would call me when they did.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at hhgregg (Gurnee, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and comfortable. We actually sat in the furniture section of the store in a sectional and conducted the interview. All the questions were ," name a time when..." The hiring process was quick, I did the app, got called within 4 day's, did the interview, took the drug test and received my offer letter 3 days after drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to work as a team and what was the outcome ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really no room to negotiate just a offer letter with the pay on it

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at hhgregg (West Mifflin, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was real easy. Quick they just asked basic questions like what would you do if an irate customer is complaining in an unprofessional way. What time in one of your previous positions did you go above the expected customer service and things of the such. Went fast took about 15 minutes and had drug test the same day.

Negotiation

Really wasn't one get paid commission.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at hhgregg in October 2014.

Interview

After being selected by my application, I was told to reapply, this time as an appliance sales associate because they do not hire directly into the manager in training position. (Which I later found out is a LIE)

Interview Questions

• What past experiences qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

CAM Interview

Interview

the interview wasn't hard at all. It was about behavioral questions and about customer related questions about how you would or have handled the situations in past if any experience.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with Recuiter, basically just checking that you meet the minimum requirement of the position and second interview were by phone with Div HR Manager this was more structured, third interview was on site with Regional Manager alot of situational based questions, and job offer was offered over the phone a week later. Job offer was emailed to me, was required to print, sign and scan e-mail back in HR Dept., Also required to sign off on background check and complete drug test.

Interview Questions

• None, most questions were situation based, need to answer in STAR format ie: S...ituation or / T...ask given A...ction taken R...esults achieved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available, offer was made, was very stedfast, take it or leave it.

Sales Interview

Interview

call back immediately because high employee turnover. Interview is short and sweet they will hire anyone. Drug test is required. You will be told your a sales person and that's what is expected but once you start you will have to do operational duties because hhgregg is cheap and won't hire enough hourly associates.