hhgregg

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Lead Interview

Operations Lead
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at hhgregg in July 2011.

Interview Details – Very quick and easy process. Filled out the application online, took the online test (100 questions) Got a call the next day for an interview, and got offered the job. Did background and drug test and had two weeks of training.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation if you had a customer on the phone asking questions about a product and you were trying to ring out a customer at the same time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They basically say...here this is what you get paid. And you just accept it.

Very Easy Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at hhgregg in March 2011.

Interview Details – INterview with manager is very easy non challenging.

Interview Question – the interview is very easy, just be on time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there were no negotiations, this is a commission based job

Towson, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at hhgregg in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very casual, just wanted to know if what my experience looked like as far as sales. Not structured or interrogational at all. Now I understand why. They pretty much will hire anyone with minimal sales experience.

Interview Question – What do you expect to get out of this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. THis is strictly commission or you make minimum wage or minimum wage x 1.5 if you go over 40 hours and they will make you pay back that draw.

Electronic Sales Interview

Electronic Sales
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at hhgregg in July 2012.

Interview Details – it was an online application, they called me within a week, my interview was for an M.I.T. position but I had to complete 50,00 dollars in sales on the a/v side and 50,000 dollars on the appliance side before I could start the program for M.I.T. and after I hit those numbers in 2 months I decided sales were a better fit for me at the time

Interview Question – It was honestly pretty standard issue   Answer Question

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Customer Service Merchandiser
Jensen Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in August 2012.

Interview Details – very long took about 4 weeks from start to finish and you need to keep up with them they forget to check on it. The drug test is pretty fast but if you dont call them to remind them to check there email you may never hear from them again, the background test takes a few weeks per county and again you have to call them to remind them your being hired pretty aggravating

Interview Question – Why should we pick you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating its there way or no way

Home Theater Specialist Interview

Home Theater Specialist
York, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2011.

Interview Details – I went through two interview at this employer. I was asked questions like how do i expect to sell on a high level when it comes to talking people into adding accessories and bundles to each sale? Also things like name a time that you had to overcome a situation with another coworker and how was it solved?

Interview Question – Name all of the brands of electronics you can think of?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This job is strait commission and does not do hourly

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details – Two interviews, initial interview askign a lot of questions like why hhgregg, what assests can you bring to the table and such.

Second interview is an explanation of how you get paid and what you qualify for, here you find out the structure is hideous and so is the pay.

Interview Question – Why HHGregg   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Very Easy Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call 2 days after I submitted my application and the hiring manager asked me to go into more detail about my cellular experience. I was originally hired to be a Verizon and Computer Associate for Hhgregg.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of the questions to be overly difficult or hard. Moving to straight commission was a new idea for me.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in January 2012.

Interview Details – Asked if in could sell, told them I had 10 years experience of retail sales and appliance sales under my belt. Was hired on the spot. They had 4 sales people in DRAW and needed help fast.
Took a drug and they did a background check andni was working in week, after 3 days of super boring and dry training.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. All commission sales

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for Management Trainee. Received call about 10 days later. asking for interview, and they explained they do not hire managers from outside, but from their sales floor. Was I interested? We set up the interview, and I studied all the info on this website in relation to this company, and wrote down every question in the interview segment. I then studied my answers to those questions. The interview was with the electronics sales manager and went well enough that he asked if I wanted to have my second interview (standard procedure) the same day. I waited in the general area 2 hours for the 2nd interview with the Appliance Manager, and this interview was more relaxed and informative. I was then told I was being considered for appliances. After the background check (3 days) and the drug test (1 day), I was hired. I later asked why appliances, and was told they like the "older, more mature" people on that side of the store because customers want to talk with people who have bought all these items themselves. The electronics side has many younger, but (commonly thought) tech savvy people to sell.

Interview Question – 4 main questions were asked in the 1st interview. 1. Why do you want to work HERE? Not just any store, but HERE?
2. Why should I hire you?
**3. What do you know about Hhgregg? Study this one! It becomes part of the greeting to new customers.
4. Tell me about yourself.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, pay is standard 100% commission. The breakdown is 1% all sold, plus 12% of the profit of each item, after cost. Pay also on service plans, 8%-22% with the more you sell, the more you make. The service plans with Hhgregg are actually a good value for the customer, as well as making you money.