hhgregg Interview Questions

2.0

Home Theater Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Applied online, got a call from them a few days later to come for an on-site interview. It went well, manager asked just a couple behavioral questions, asked for my opinion on how I'd rate myself in selling the following: Computers, TV, Home Audio, Furniture. Asked one seller related question (sell me this plastic stand). Not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend I'm a customer, and sell me this plastic stand on this table.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg.

I found an online that hhgregg was looking for MITs for the Augusta, GA area. I applied and was promptly contacted for an interview. Once I arrived at the interview the General Manager quickly gave me the company history, asked me the usual interview questions, and then proceeded to talk me into a position on the sales floor as a commissioned sales associate. This company usually hires management from within or experienced managers from outside regardless of your educational background. Apparently my MBA was not enough to qualify me for a management position.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to take a sales associate position?   View Answer

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg.

Started with the Operations Manager (your direct supervisor), asked basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Afterwards, you will be called back for a second interview with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    n/a pay can fluctuate slightly depending on experience but not much leeway. It's a customer service job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online - interviewed at hhgregg in February 2013.

Interview with one assistant manager.

no negotiation at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in February 2013.

I received an email to inform me that I had an interview. I showed up and informed them that I used to work for Sears. They showed me how much money I could make from selling products. I was then taken over to another manager and given an impromptu interview with the electronics manager. After that, I was taken to the computer to finish my employment paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • None, I had been previously employed by their competitor.   Answer Question
    There was none.

Electronic Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in January 2013.

Simple, they are always desperate for people (very high turn over). As long as you can sell, have some experience you're hired. They will promise you will be able to be a MIT asap, but in reality their MIT program is low paying and not worth the trouble.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience. How would you demo speakers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online - interviewed at hhgregg in November 2012.

Pretty straight forward interview. It was more like a conversation and less like an interview. Asked more life questions. Examples of work history and duties. Prioritizing job tasks. The store manager and Home theater manager were present. Most of the questions came from the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question
    100% commision

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2012.

I received a call 2 days after I submitted my application and the hiring manager asked me to go into more detail about my cellular experience. I was originally hired to be a Verizon and Computer Associate for Hhgregg.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions to be overly difficult or hard. Moving to straight commission was a new idea for me.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2012.

I applied online and received an email for an interview in the same week. The interviewer just asked general questions of past work history. I was interviewed for about 15-20 minutes and was hired on the spot.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in September 2012.

expectations were set for requirements needed to be successful and all tools where brought up at time for success.