hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.0

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I found an online that hhgregg was looking for MITs for the Augusta, GA area. I applied and was promptly contacted for an interview. Once I arrived at the interview the General Manager quickly gave me the company history, asked me the usual interview questions, and then proceeded to talk me into a position on the sales floor as a commissioned sales associate. This company usually hires management from within or experienced managers from outside regardless of your educational background. Apparently my MBA was not enough to qualify me for a management position.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to take a sales associate position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Started with the Operations Manager (your direct supervisor), asked basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Afterwards, you will be called back for a second interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a pay can fluctuate slightly depending on experience but not much leeway. It's a customer service job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg (Richmond, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview with one assistant manager.

Negotiation

no negotiation at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Springfield, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I received an email to inform me that I had an interview. I showed up and informed them that I used to work for Sears. They showed me how much money I could make from selling products. I was then taken over to another manager and given an impromptu interview with the electronics manager. After that, I was taken to the computer to finish my employment paperwork.

Interview Questions

• None, I had been previously employed by their competitor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Electronic Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg (Downers Grove, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Simple, they are always desperate for people (very high turn over). As long as you can sell, have some experience you're hired. They will promise you will be able to be a MIT asap, but in reality their MIT program is low paying and not worth the trouble.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience. How would you demo speakers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg (Mobile, AL) in November 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. It was more like a conversation and less like an interview. Asked more life questions. Examples of work history and duties. Prioritizing job tasks. The store manager and Home theater manager were present. Most of the questions came from the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

100% commision

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Knoxville, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

I received a call 2 days after I submitted my application and the hiring manager asked me to go into more detail about my cellular experience. I was originally hired to be a Verizon and Computer Associate for Hhgregg.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the questions to be overly difficult or hard. Moving to straight commission was a new idea for me.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg (Boca Raton, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for an interview in the same week. The interviewer just asked general questions of past work history. I was interviewed for about 15-20 minutes and was hired on the spot.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg (Pembroke Pines, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

expectations were set for requirements needed to be successful and all tools where brought up at time for success.

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Grove City, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

Standard behavioral test and interview questions (have you ever been in X situation and what was your response?).

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in and has no idea what to get their granddaughter, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Corporate sets the pay scale for sales associates, no negotiations possible except days off.