hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highland, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in March 2012.

Interview was very professional, had to do a small skills test and pick the top three things out of 10 that are the most important and order them by importance level.

Interview Questions
    • So, what are you interested in? Really? How would I know that you are interested in that?   Answer Question

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at hhgregg in March 2012.

Online Application that included a "Fit" Questionnaire and Resume. Called in for interview and received two interviews. One from SM and one from the GM.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected although some thought questions were challenging.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. It was made clear this was a commission only position with an $8.25 per hour draw and commission based upon 1% of everything sold + a% of profit+ a floating scale up to 25% when Service Contracts were sold on eligible products.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at hhgregg in January 2012.

Applied and got the call a few days later. About a month until I actually got in for a interview. I'm assuming this was intentionally due to the fact that the manager knew I was 18 and probably assumed I needed time for a drug test. I didn't. Skip forward to the first interview. This was my second retail job so when I began to talk about my extensive knowledge of electronics and prior sales experience they ended the interview and told me they would give me a call if they wanted to pursue a second interview. The second interview was with a sales manager that was very cool and we talked for about 5 minutes and spent the next hour walking around the store and talking about sales and what would be expected of me and scheduled my 2 weeks of payed training.

Interview Questions
    • There are no hard questions. Just answer confidently and do not lie. If you don't have sales experience just explain how you would sell something to someone and you usually cant go wrong. It's really not hard.   Answer Question
    They told me i was part time and scheduled me full time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in January 2012.

Asked if in could sell, told them I had 10 years experience of retail sales and appliance sales under my belt. Was hired on the spot. They had 4 sales people in DRAW and needed help fast.
    Took a drug and they did a background check andni was working in week, after 3 days of super boring and dry training.

No negotiating. All commission sales

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in January 2012.

Three part process/ The first step was an initial telephone conversion. The second step is a face to face interview with the district manager. the final step is with the regional vice president.

Interview Questions
    • Please role play a specific item that you would like to sell to me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in December 2011.

One interview, I was hired right away initially as a CSM, was promoted to operations within a month after two more interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Priority questions. Was given 5 situations and made ot rank them on a scalled of 1 being lowest and 10 being highest priority.   Answer Question
    I knew the pay and everything up front so it was a simple yes or no.

Home Theater Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online - interviewed at hhgregg in November 2011.

Drug test a few questions even if applying for management they offer sales floor position. Training in Orlando or Jacksonville with regional manager

Interview Questions
    • How do u identify with a customers potential needs as soon as they walk in   View Answer
    I was told I would not b considered for management due to more qualified candidates available however I was offered a sales position if I wanted it

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Homestead, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2011.

Very professional, but down to earth Managers. All 3 Managers made the situation more comfortable, which calmed the nervous and anxiety feeling of an Interview. I was asked very general customer service related question. This interview only took about 5 minutes, then I was asked to stay a while longer while the store manager printed on a drug screen appointment, while I waited the other managers talked to me like we already knew each other. I waited about a week and a half for the results of my background check and then was called to start orientation and training.

No negotiation,

Home Theater Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I went through two interview at this employer. I was asked questions like how do i expect to sell on a high level when it comes to talking people into adding accessories and bundles to each sale? Also things like name a time that you had to overcome a situation with another coworker and how was it solved?

Interview Questions
    • Name all of the brands of electronics you can think of?   View Answer
    This job is strait commission and does not do hourly

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2011.

HHGregg was a joke. I applied online and was called a few days later at 8 pm to come in the next day for an interview. I agreed and asked what time I should come in. I was told anytime between 2 and 4 were open so I asked for 3 and he said "great, I'll see you at 3." The next day I arrived at 2:50 and asked for the manager that was to interview me. I was told that he should be up in just a few minutes, he was in back conducting an interview. So I waited and talked to some employees about working there. All that I spoke to were unhappy and had multiple complaints, many similar in nature, but that is beside the point. After about 15 minutes went by, I was approached by another associate who asked me who I was there to see. After I told her, she told me that the manager wasn't there and that my interview wasn't until 4! I informed her that my interview was in fact for 3 o'clock and that I had already moved some things around in my day in order to be there for the 3 o'clock interview. She said that he should be back by 3:30 and asked if I could wait. I reluctantly agreed and continued to wait until 3:50 when he finally came back into the store laughing with a buddy he was apparently on lunch with. He was dressed sloppily and he brought me into the back break room to sit in some folding chairs for the interview. The interview was very basic in nature and very easy, however by that point I didn't even want the job. Overall, very unprofessional and poorly managed company from what I could see.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have to offer that will make you successful at HHGregg?   View Answers (3)

By all accounts, a terrible place to work.