hhgregg Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in application online on a Tuesday, got a call that Thursday from sales manager to come in for an interview. Scheduled it for that Friday at 2pm got there around 1:50 and one of the associates there asked me if he could help me, I told him I was there for an interview and he showed me around a bit while I waited for the manager to finish with the another applicant. That associate then went and talked to the manager before interviewing me and I'm not sure what was said but, I know the associate said to me that he would rather see me hired than the person that was already being interviewed and I guess he made that known to the manager. As soon as the manager came over to me he shook my hand and then said I guess we can start at sort of the end of the interview here, he showed me what I would be doing and what my responsibilities would be told me how sales work then we went to his desk, he asked me two questions maybe three. Then he just went into the detail of how pay worked and asked if I would be interested in coming in for a second interview. I said yes and we scheduled my second interview for this Monday coming up. He then mention how he liked me and said how well I kept eye contact and was involved in the interview compared to other applicants. I said thank you shook his hand and then left. Overall so far, I would rate this a great experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here/ how would you be successful here?
    2. Do you have any sales experience?
    3. What is your greatest strength?

1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for hhgregg

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview to me I thought it went great it wasn't long as I made it they let me take my application test there but I ended up taking too..

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at hhgregg (West Mifflin, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was real easy. Quick they just asked basic questions like what would you do if an irate customer is complaining in an unprofessional way. What time in one of your previous positions did you go above the expected customer service and things of the such. Went fast took about 15 minutes and had drug test the same day.

Negotiation

Really wasn't one get paid commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at hhgregg (Racine, WI).

Interview

Submitted an application online received a call the very next day. Went in for an interview with the sales manager, general interview questions and then a tour through the store. Was offered the job on the spot.

Background and drug test followed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

100% Commission zero negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty Easy. I just came in and sat down with the sales manager and he asked me a few questions. They were really look to replace someone who had just left.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Two interviews, initial interview askign a lot of questions like why hhgregg, what assests can you bring to the table and such.

Second interview is an explanation of how you get paid and what you qualify for, here you find out the structure is hideous and so is the pay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Greensboro, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Brief interview, was later ridiculed for keeping eye contact during the session.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online for Management Trainee. Received call about 10 days later. asking for interview, and they explained they do not hire managers from outside, but from their sales floor. Was I interested? We set up the interview, and I studied all the info on this website in relation to this company, and wrote down every question in the interview segment. I then studied my answers to those questions. The interview was with the electronics sales manager and went well enough that he asked if I wanted to have my second interview (standard procedure) the same day. I waited in the general area 2 hours for the 2nd interview with the Appliance Manager, and this interview was more relaxed and informative. I was then told I was being considered for appliances. After the background check (3 days) and the drug test (1 day), I was hired. I later asked why appliances, and was told they like the "older, more mature" people on that side of the store because customers want to talk with people who have bought all these items themselves. The electronics side has many younger, but (commonly thought) tech savvy people to sell.

Interview Questions

• 4 main questions were asked in the 1st interview. 1. Why do you want to work HERE? Not just any store, but HERE?
      2. Why should I hire you?
      **3. What do you know about Hhgregg? Study this one! It becomes part of the greeting to new customers.
      4. Tell me about yourself.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, pay is standard 100% commission. The breakdown is 1% all sold, plus 12% of the profit of each item, after cost. Pay also on service plans, 8%-22% with the more you sell, the more you make. The service plans with Hhgregg are actually a good value for the customer, as well as making you money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Towson, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Very casual, just wanted to know if what my experience looked like as far as sales. Not structured or interrogational at all. Now I understand why. They pretty much will hire anyone with minimal sales experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to get out of this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. THis is strictly commission or you make minimum wage or minimum wage x 1.5 if you go over 40 hours and they will make you pay back that draw.

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Gurnee, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

simple, unprofessional interview. walked in and asked for the manager. he came out and we went through some simple experience questions, and it was over.