hi5

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager
San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hi5 in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted over email (through LinkedIn) by an internal recruiter, who was very organized and clear through the entire process. We started with a phone screen for about an hour. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager and one of the hiring manager's peers (a third planned interviewer was out of the office).

The people seemed bright and interesting to talk with. The office was an open plan style with everyone in cubes. It seemed informal, but hard working.

Interview Question – List some key metrics related to our business and describe how you would go about collecting and tracking them.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Producer

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at hi5 in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who put me through a light phone screen. I was on the phone with the CEO and President who screened me further for fit and knowledge of the space. I was then placed in front of a panel of engineers and support folks. I got a call back 2 days later with an offer.

Interview Question – Walk me through the production process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at hi5 in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was for 30 minutes. It consisted of brain teasers alone.
1. Question on breaking eggs from a 100 storey building. Improvise the answer.
2. Questions on my projects and how I approached them.
Overall, the interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the floor from which an egg breaks. You are given only 2 eggs which means that you have one trial.   View Answer
  • Describe the approach you took while solving problems in your project.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for hi5? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hi5 interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by hi5 employees and interview candidates.