hibu

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at hibu in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a head hunter who set up the interview. It was a 3 step interview process that consisted of 2 interviews and then a ride day in the field (a few hours). I liked the process as I was able to meet more employees and ask them candid questions to help me with my decision.

Interview Questions

• They told me that they had just interviewed 2 others with far more experience with proven track records, they then asked me why they should choose me over them. Just caught me off guard.   View Answer
  • They also asked me where my boss thought I was. I told them I took the day off. Don't tell them your current employer thinks your working while you are interviewing. Big red flag :-)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made me an offer that was not negotiable. I guess this is good as I don't need to worry that I got a raw deal. Or did I? :-)

Very Easy Interview

Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at hibu in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple striaght forward

Interview Question – i was asked to sell myself and that was something that i had never experienced   Answer Question

Mendota Heights, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hibu.

Interview Details – 4 Step process....phone screen, face to face interview, 2nd face to face interview, and a full day in the field. It will take a few weeks after you get the job to get into a training class and start. The training classes have limited space available based on the room sizes. World class training!!!!

Interview Question – Expect the unexpected...be ready if you have been a job hopper.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, base, plus commissions, bonus...cell phone, car, and home office expenses.

Client Services Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hibu in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview. Called back in for a second interview with another manager.
Called back for a ride day in the field with a current rep. The ride day was very informative and answered many of the questions I still had in my head.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating

Client Services Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at hibu in August 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview went smooth, lady on other end was extremely nice and helpful. The physical area manager interview was the worst invterview ive ever sat through in my life, she quickly pointed out it was her 9th interview which none had been "perfect" and how all of her workers are out doing there jobs, in a rude manner. Preliminary questions had asked me if I had computer experience, which I rated myself a 8 out of 10 with computers (I do lots of freelance marketing and computer tech). There was no words passed over to do in depth research about the programs involved in sales with yellowbook before I entered my physical interview with the area manager. About 10 minutes of drilling me on why I should be hired (donald trump style) she asked if I knew what "search engine optimization" was and I answered no and that I was hoping to learn about that, she quickly responded that I must have been wrong when I said I knew greatly about computers, and that she didn't want to waste my time and continue on with the interview if I didn't know what one of the products they were pushing was. She said she could see my personality was sales oriented and that she could not continue the interview asking me to pitch something I wasn't 100% about. I could be wrong but in the job ad there was nothing wrote about knowing these products before you applied. It actually pointed out that there was a "Comprehensive initial 3 week paid new hire training! ", which I figured would teach you about that....apparently not. She told me to go home and research the products and to call and reschedule for another interview if i'd like. The most unprofessional "manager" ive ever dealt with, She gave me her card and crossed off her office extension number saying she doesn't answer her office phone, classy. If this company has micro managed people like that running it then its in trouble. Not only does she clearly delegate while riding her high horse, but she has no interest in getting to know you or giving you the respect as a human being who was qualified enough to be forwarded as a repsectable candidate for the position, apparently a marketing degree and over 4 years of sales experience doesnt impress her enough to act like you're 7 levels below them. I left the interview feeling about 2 feet tall, luckily my next interview went 110% better. Now im sure all of the yellowbook managers can't be this bad, but what ive heard from the company (a friend of mine has worked for them for the past year) and with my 30 minute experience, take your talents somewhere else. Don't fall into their power trip.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over everybody else?   Answer Question

Worked for hibu? Contribute to the Community!