hibu

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.6

Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hibu.

hiring was terrible several years ago and presumably got better over the years. My interview was unorganized and at a time of divided leadership which eventually got much better. Through the changes of ownership, upper management and HR became much more aligned but eventually the yellowbook takeover, then hibu made very corporate.

I was able to negotiate but that was the culture several years ago, not the case today.

Magazine Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at hibu.

On site recruiter contacted me after locating my profile on linkedIn. It was an easy process, wish all hiring processes were this easy. Should have sent up a red flag.

good

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at hibu in May 2014.

Interview with a manager at an office. After the interview a ride along was set up with a current employee for the day. Once the ride day was over, I was hired.

Interview Questions

Turn over rate is through the roof.

Account Representative/Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hibu.

There was an unorganized interview process. They couldn not decide which manager would do the interview and follow up. After the interview I was given a cell phone number of another manger to reach out to to schedule a second meeting.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted top know if there was any business I could bring with me to the job.   Answer Question

BDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at hibu in April 2014.

Very long but pro. You do a phone with a recruiter then a 1 on 1 with a Manager. Finally you do a phone call with a big boss. After all that you do your references and background check, and also the drug test

no, they had a set amount

Sales Representative Interview

Hibu does a three (and four) part interview. First by phone, then with local manager. You then meet with Regional Manager and have a ride day in the field

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are straightforward. No trick questions   Answer Question

Web Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at hibu.

Take tests for editing and customer service skills. Meet with supervisors, answering standard questions.

Director, Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hibu in March 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. After initial phone screen, I was invited in for a series of interviews both in person in their Bellevue offices and via teleconference with managers in Texas, Penn. and the UK. In all, a very time consuming process and not very well organized for an applicant seeking a senior position.

Interview Questions
    • None. The business is on hard times. They didn't have a lot of questions about my qualifications, they were most interested in wondering why I'd consider working for them. After a while, I had to ask myself the same question. They clearly weren't trying to sell me on the place.   Answer Question

I didn't think the team that I was going to manage, or the executive that I was going to report, to be very smart. Nor were they interesting, innovative or accomplished in technology or business. Also, even though the pay package was attractive, there was no potential in an equity upside. I doubt this company will be around much longer.

Rep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at hibu in February 2014.

3 hour testing process that I passed. I had been told by my temp agency that most people fail the test. Had short interview with some 28 yr old who was quite dismissive. Did not get the position.

Media Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hibu in February 2014.

I was contacted by recruiter. Interviewed with recruiter and sr.recruiter. Took personality test and internet skills test.

Moved to next interviewing process once passed test. Meet with District Manager interview went well she was very nice but definitely asked drill down questions. Their Atlanta team is very successful, so she were looking for someone who's personality and skill set would fit.

Moved on to next interview with sales manager he was again very nice asked specific questions about sales skills and strategy.

The next day I received a phone call with an offer. I accepted offer

The process took about 2 weeks. Total interviews including recruiting 4.

They are looking for people that are going to be there for the long haul.

Be prepared to have a brag book and to complete a 30-60-90 day plan.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Do you have stamina?
      2. What would be an everyday approach you currently use in your current position?
      3. What sets you aside from the current applicants applying?
        Answer Question