hibu

98 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online - interviewed at hibu in August 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on the hibu website for a job opening in Charlotte, NC. I received a return email from a recruiter and was informed i would receive a call back for a phone interview from someone in the HR department. The interview went well. Nothing too crazy was asked. About 15 minute long interview.

Interview Question – Name the most difficult obstacle you had to overcome in your life (business or personal).   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at hibu in June 2013.

Interview Details – Good interview process, the managers were thorough and asked relevant, pointed questions about experience, time to next step was quick but in hindsight that is due to high turnover, they are always in need of interviewing new candidates.

Interview Question – no difficult questions compared to other interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer a fairly low salary and tell you the potential commission and bonus and you can take it or leave it.

Development Analyst Interview

Development Analyst
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hibu.

Interview Details – hiring was terrible several years ago and presumably got better over the years. My interview was unorganized and at a time of divided leadership which eventually got much better. Through the changes of ownership, upper management and HR became much more aligned but eventually the yellowbook takeover, then hibu made very corporate.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but that was the culture several years ago, not the case today.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hibu in November 2013.

Interview Details – Looking for anyone with SEM, website, SEO sales experience that the manager doesn't have to manage or develop.They are constantly hiring due to overwhelming micromanagement and unrealistic goals. Their reputation was so bad from YellowBook, that the changed the name but the company is still ran the same.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set pay scale. Little salary, mainly commission.

Very Easy Interview

Magazine Interview

Magazine

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at hibu.

Interview Details – On site recruiter contacted me after locating my profile on linkedIn. It was an easy process, wish all hiring processes were this easy. Should have sent up a red flag.

Interview Question – Pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at hibu in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview with a manager at an office. After the interview a ride along was set up with a current employee for the day. Once the ride day was over, I was hired.

Interview Question – Sales experience?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Turn over rate is through the roof.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Mount Vernon, WA

I applied online - interviewed at hibu in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was great, initial interview was about 90 minutes long and both sides were able to ask and get answered a lot of questions. They called within 2 days and made me an offer so they got back right away. Had to wait 7 weeks to start though because of next training session and had to stay in California for 3 weeks. Was a pretty good company, however corporate back office has really messed things up that were working very well. As the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here, you won't make the kind of money you are used to.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation available. It's more like here is what we are paying and here is your commission rate, take it or leave it

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at hibu in March 2014.

Interview Details – Numbers & Past Performance will make or break the interview process.
This was a transfer from a completely different part of the country.
Management & Job Duties do not match up from previous position within the company.

Interview Question – What do you do that makes you stand out and be different?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a transfer & relocation.

Media Sales Representative Interview

Media Sales Representative
Panama City, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at hibu in August 2013.

Interview Details – Time consuming however a nice process. The immediate supervisor interviewed me then the regional manager. There were lots of questions that were technical even though they knew I had never sold this product.

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet

Web Production Interview

Web Production

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at hibu in April 2010.

Interview Details – The initial communication was through Craigslist. I was called not too long after submitted my application. I was first interviewed by HR, and then interviewed by the perspective supervisor. First, there was the usual face to face interview. After that, I was given writing test. Last, was a brief face to face discussion, and the interview was over. I was called with an offer a few days later.

Interview Question – I don't recall any question being too difficult. I was just myself, which seemed to fit.   Answer Question

Worked for hibu? Contribute to the Community!