hibu

2.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hibu.

hiring was terrible several years ago and presumably got better over the years. My interview was unorganized and at a time of divided leadership which eventually got much better. Through the changes of ownership, upper management and HR became much more aligned but eventually the yellowbook takeover, then hibu made very corporate.

I was able to negotiate but that was the culture several years ago, not the case today.

Account Representative/Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hibu.

There was an unorganized interview process. They couldn not decide which manager would do the interview and follow up. After the interview I was given a cell phone number of another manger to reach out to to schedule a second meeting.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted top know if there was any business I could bring with me to the job.   Answer Question

Rep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at hibu in February 2014.

3 hour testing process that I passed. I had been told by my temp agency that most people fail the test. Had short interview with some 28 yr old who was quite dismissive. Did not get the position.

DNS Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hibu in January 2014.

I was recruited by Peopleshare. However, their job description was quite vague. Tyler and Collin interviewed me. I felt very at ease with these two individuals and the conversation went well. We all shared common ground in customer service and technical knowledge. The interview was more of an informal business meeting than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I really wasn't suprised by the questions. I didn't have any difficult questions. I only had to search for the right experience in my memory banks to fit the question.   View Answer
    I was actually suprised during the interview that the salary had increased by almost a dollar an hour over what had been presented to me. I was informed I had been accepted the next day.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at hibu in October 2013.

I learned of hibu through a recruiter. He gave the lowdown on what the company was, what the job was, and told me a bit about the hiring manager.

After my resume was submitted (through the recruiter) I had a 30-minute phone screen where I chatted pretty casually with the hiring manager about my experience, what technologies the team works with, etc., and ended up scheduling an in-person interview.

There was a second position for which I'd also phone-screened in similar fashion, so we had interviews lined up for both positions in a 4-hour block. I met with each hiring manager, then two pairs of each manager's employees, who mostly peppered me with technical questions.

One of the hiring managers asked me to code on a whiteboard, and one set of his employees similarly asked me to code on paper.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a difficult problem in which I had to design an algorithm to meet a certain set of requirements. The challenge here was that it had to meet vert strict requirements of algorithmic complexity of both memory and space--one or the other could be done, but I did not see a way to meet both constraints.   Answer Question

Web Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

The interview process was quick. Moving from a phone interview with a non-company staffing agency recruiter to the on-site interview took only 9 days. Having had my on-site interview today, I am still waiting to see if I will be hired or not. I should hear by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think are the most important considerations when writing for the Web? Describe a creative project you worked on.   Answer Question

Web Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at hibu in September 2013.

I originally saw an ad for a Career Fair/Open Interview Day on Craiglist and decided it wouldn't hurt to go. I applied online beforehand to cut down on any paperwork time as it was suggested in the Craigslist ad. There were many other people present, leading to what seemed like an overflow of applicants (which is good for them as they were apparently hiring for many positions at the time). During the day, applicants took a 45 minute writing test and a 15 minute proofreading/editing test. Both tests were not incredibly difficult; the writing test asked applicants to compose a page for various fake companies (I had received a roofing company).

Due to my own time restrictions for the day and having been in the building for three hours without an interview, I asked an HR representative if I could schedule a make-up interview later in the week. He said he would contact me after they had reviewed my test. A day later I received an email asking for my availability for an interview that week; the next day (day three of the application process), I had an interview with one of the Adworks associate managers. After the interview was over, I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important quality in online writing?   Answer Question
    There were really no negotiations. It was a "take it or leave it" offer for $16.79 an hour plus benefits.

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hibu in August 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter and had a phone screening. went on to meet with two regional managers for my area at their corporate office in King of Prussia. Gave the 2nd manager alot of pushback on why I thought I could excel at this job even though he kept bringing up his concerns. Got a call two days later to do a ride along with a seasoned rep. less than a week later I did the ride along and got a feel for the job and more importantly the rep got a feel for me to report back to my potential manager. Got a call two days asking what I thought and offered me the position on the spot. Total process took 3 weeks or so

Interview Questions
    • Why outside sales?
      what will make you successful over the other guy

Answer Question
    I negotiated the offer I was told by the recruiter to the manager and received it. ALL IN with expenses the base is 43k

Customer Inquiry Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hibu in January 2011.

Long and tedious via computer based outcomes, way below my experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   View Answer
    Absolutely no room to negotiate. I was told management is always promoted from within yet job descriptions online reflected other wise.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at hibu in December 2010.

I was greeted with a handshake and it was downhill from there. I was immediately take to a conference room and handed a notepad & pen. I was told to answer a rather difficult TreeMap related programming excercise as the interviewer waited for me to finish. I will admit I had done very little preparation for the interview but I figured I wouldn't be asked anything too difficult. I was wrong. After trying my best with the exam I was then interviewed by someone from the DBA group. After feeling completely beaten up with the programming exercise, the DBA continued to hit me with questions and I stumbled over a few. After a few insulting remarks lofted my way, I decided I wanted to get out of there and wouldn't cooperate with his questions. If I ever meet this individual again I will kick his ___. Completely out of line and unprofessional. I met 2 other individuals and they appeared to be nice. I think they could sense I really didn't want to stick around and they took it easy on me. This probably ranks up there as one of my worst interviews of all time and although the lack of preparation was my fault, I really did not like the insults and attitude I received. I was happy to leave and was no longer interested in the position.