hibu

hibu Media Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Media Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at hibu.

backwards....

Interview Questions
  • we ask that you lie to you customers. Are you okay with that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for hibu

Media Consultant Interview

See my review...be careful and do your homework, they lie a lot to get you to take the job.

Interview Questions
    long and tedious and no negotiation, they start everyone out the same

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hibu in August 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter and had a phone screening. went on to meet with two regional managers for my area at their corporate office in King of Prussia. Gave the 2nd manager alot of pushback on why I thought I could excel at this job even though he kept bringing up his concerns. Got a call two days later to do a ride along with a seasoned rep. less than a week later I did the ride along and got a feel for the job and more importantly the rep got a feel for me to report back to my potential manager. Got a call two days asking what I thought and offered me the position on the spot. Total process took 3 weeks or so

Interview Questions
    • Why outside sales?
      what will make you successful over the other guy
        Answer Question
    I negotiated the offer I was told by the recruiter to the manager and received it. ALL IN with expenses the base is 43k

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at hibu in July 2012.

The process is long, very long. After a phone screen, there is a face to face interview, then another, then a ride along. The interview was pretty basic. Nothing stands out, just be prepared to talk alot about you and your accomplishments. And DO bring a brag book of what you have done in the past.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness. I just always hate this one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Meridian, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at hibu in June 2012.

It was a very detailed interview process. It was the most honest and straightforward interview I have ever been through. No one was blowing smoke and it was refreshing to have it be so honest.

Interview Questions
    It was as straightforward as the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at hibu in June 2012.

one phone interview, one in person with hiring manager and one ride day with the assistant manager

none

Media Consultant Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at hibu in March 2012.

There are 3 rounds to the interview. Phase one is a sit down with your area manager and pretty basic interview. At the end of the interview they will tell you they are going to call you to set up the next appointment. Just tell them you are ready to set it up right now. That will show the "hunter' sales mentality they want. Phase two is a "ride day" with a present media consultant you ride around and go door to door all day. If you're not awkward and can talk to people this is easy just sit back and see what they do on a day to day basis. Phase Three is with a regional manager basically introducing you to the job. If you get to phase three you probably have the job already. They basically just tell you what to expect.

Media Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at hibu in January 2012.

I was headhunted by a recruiter, who set up the interview. They assured me that there was almost no turnover, and that the company was doing fine...not the case

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at hibu in October 2010.

Extremly long interview process, 60 days from intial phone interview. 3 1:1 interviews, half a day spent doing a ride day with sales rep.. Was told the job offer would be extended after ride day if I felt I would enjoy the work. A week past and I did not hear from them, I contacted the Sales Manager and was told they placed from within, total disrespect for my time, I'm certain they would not have contacted to tell me I was no longer being considered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bowie, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at hibu in May 2010.

I am a 36 years old black male and I have applied to Yellow Book twice with no success. I am a Presidents Club award winner have been in the yellow page industry for 12 years. I have also learned website development and I am a 4.0 communications major. I have had great interviews with little if anything that i felt was a deal breaker as I look back. Unfortunately each time I receive an email where in the span of a day they have found a more qualified person to fill the position. I feel that if I do not receive a fair assessment of my interview or a good explanation, I will have to hire an attorney to get to the bottom of this matter. Stay tuned.

Interview Questions

Worked for hibu? Contribute to the Community!