hibu Media Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.4

Media Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at hibu.

Interview

backwards....

Interview Questions

• we ask that you lie to you customers. Are you okay with that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for hibu

Media Consultant Interview

Interview

See my review...be careful and do your homework, they lie a lot to get you to take the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

long and tedious and no negotiation, they start everyone out the same

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hibu (King of Prussia, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and had a phone screening. went on to meet with two regional managers for my area at their corporate office in King of Prussia. Gave the 2nd manager alot of pushback on why I thought I could excel at this job even though he kept bringing up his concerns. Got a call two days later to do a ride along with a seasoned rep. less than a week later I did the ride along and got a feel for the job and more importantly the rep got a feel for me to report back to my potential manager. Got a call two days asking what I thought and offered me the position on the spot. Total process took 3 weeks or so

Interview Questions

• Why outside sales? what will make you successful over the other guy   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the offer I was told by the recruiter to the manager and received it. ALL IN with expenses the base is 43k

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at hibu (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2012.

Interview

Originally I went through a hiring agency (not sure if they still go through them or not), got a quick response, interviewed with them once, then interviewed with the manager, got the job - process took about one and a half months. The location was all in one spot so it was pretty easy, and everyone was very easy going.

Interview Questions

• What kind of rejections have you dealt with / overcame? When you did make a mistake how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at hibu (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

The process is long, very long. After a phone screen, there is a face to face interview, then another, then a ride along. The interview was pretty basic. Nothing stands out, just be prepared to talk alot about you and your accomplishments. And DO bring a brag book of what you have done in the past.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness. I just always hate this one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at hibu (Meridian, ID) in June 2012.

Interview

It was a very detailed interview process. It was the most honest and straightforward interview I have ever been through. No one was blowing smoke and it was refreshing to have it be so honest.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was as straightforward as the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at hibu (Mount Laurel, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

one phone interview, one in person with hiring manager and one ride day with the assistant manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Media Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at hibu in March 2012.

Interview

There are 3 rounds to the interview. Phase one is a sit down with your area manager and pretty basic interview. At the end of the interview they will tell you they are going to call you to set up the next appointment. Just tell them you are ready to set it up right now. That will show the "hunter' sales mentality they want. Phase two is a "ride day" with a present media consultant you ride around and go door to door all day. If you're not awkward and can talk to people this is easy just sit back and see what they do on a day to day basis. Phase Three is with a regional manager basically introducing you to the job. If you get to phase three you probably have the job already. They basically just tell you what to expect.

Media Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at hibu in January 2012.

Interview

I was headhunted by a recruiter, who set up the interview. They assured me that there was almost no turnover, and that the company was doing fine...not the case

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at hibu (Lisle, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Extremly long interview process, 60 days from intial phone interview. 3 1:1 interviews, half a day spent doing a ride day with sales rep.. Was told the job offer would be extended after ride day if I felt I would enjoy the work. A week past and I did not hear from them, I contacted the Sales Manager and was told they placed from within, total disrespect for my time, I'm certain they would not have contacted to tell me I was no longer being considered.