hibu

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at hibu

Interview Details – Hibu does a three (and four) part interview. First by phone, then with local manager. You then meet with Regional Manager and have a ride day in the field

Interview Question – Most questions are straightforward. No trick questions   Answer Question

Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at hibu in January 2014.

Interview Details – Process went smooth, was asked to come in for an interview. They were very flexible on the time of the interview. Interviewer told me what I did right during the interview and what I did wrong. Nice touch. You have to remember to sell yourself if you are going to sell a product. One thing I did wrong was not ask for the job! Ask For The Job!!!!! Be Proactive about it.

Interview Question – Are you ready to sit on the computer at home, while your family is around you, and do work for the entire night?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't want to sit on the computer all night. Training would have put me away from my newborn for 3 weeks.

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at hibu.

Interview Details – Interview process is the same for any company. You must do a ride along to see what haoppens

Negotiation Details – They told me base pay and commission and benefits

Idaho Falls, ID

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at hibu.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Yellowbook after putting my resume on line. I had an initial phone interview which was basic and went well they just wanted to go over my resume and set up an interview with a local office manager. The First interview went well not a lot of hard questions were asked they just wanted to take a closer look into my background and past work experience. They did ask questions about how I would handle certain situations with customers and employees/management. The second interview was with a regional manager. It also went well and was a lot more laid back than I expected. I think they were trying to see if I could sell myself and if I had the desire and ability to be successful.

Interview Question – All the questions asked were straight forward and questions I expected but if I had to pick one that was the hardest I would say it was this one. Why should we hire you and what sets you apart from others.   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at hibu in June 2011.

Interview Details – In interviewing with Yellowbook I had two in-person interviews with management, a phone interview, and a ride-along day with another rep (to observe). Overall it was a good process, just a little long.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you prospected a new business that you had never met before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a salesperson, know what your work is worth.

Birmingham, AL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at hibu in February 2012.

Interview Details – Basically they asked about who I was and went over my job history. They did not take time for any in depth questions. The second woman I interviewed with, even though I had given the first man my resume the day before did not have my resume or any clue about my job history. I have never felt uncomfortable in an interview but she managed to do that.

Interview Question – Tell me about your life   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at hibu in July 2008.

Interview Details – boring for a terrible job. door to door sales of ads. Interviewer acted as if the position was a once in a lifetime opportunity. the offic was average for a turn and burn sales position.

Interview Question – name your top sales experience   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – door to door sales of ads

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at hibu in August 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, 1:1 with sales manager

Interview Questions

Sales Representative

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hibu in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview started with an online application followed by a phone interview a week after the application.

the phone interview was a brief conversations asking general questions like, " how did you hear about us, why did you apply, etc." There were no very difficult questions on the phone interview.

The second interview was a 1:1 with the head manager of the office. This was a "qualifications" type interview. "tell me about your last job, why did you leave, tell me a time where you had to overcome customer objections, whats your sales style, where do you see yourself in 5 years, do you think you hunt for customers or do you like them to come to you, are you willing to work for bonuses based one your performance"

after the interview with the head manager i was interviewed by the second in charge who is more of the sales manager who actually goes into the field with employees. This was a casual "personality" interview. "tell me about you, career goals, how do you handle people, who is your idols, what inspires you." nothing difficult.

the second major interview consisted of a "ride along". This is where i meet a sales representative in the field an rode along with with for a few hours observing the job. during this time we would walk to random business and attempt to set appointments to sell products. we would also meet customers to service existing accounts. this really showed the real job.

the third interview was again with the head manager where is was straight to business and i was offered the job.

Interview Question – pick anything in this office i.e. book,clock, pen and SELL it to me. You can make up attributes but show me your sales process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiations at all. base pay for all employees in each level is the same. They justify this because it is up to sales representative to sell products to "earn" their real pay. advice is, do not believe that you will hit all of the bonuses they say there are.

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hibu in October 2009.

Interview Details – Hr interview-then one on one w manager. then ride along

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – low pay

Worked for hibu? Contribute to the Community!