hmv

Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied throughout the HMV website and within 2 weeks they called me for an interview. The interview was held in a function room and was relatively quick, I was asked questions about my back ground in retail and my education.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my music taste, I know that this seems relatively minor but when put on the spot it can be hard to remember what you actually like!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for hmv

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at hmv in October 2013.

Very friendly, relaxed group interview. We were given a piece of paper to write our name, then an actress/ actor who would play us in a film and our favourite superhero. We went around the group to explain our choices. We were then split into two group to do a task on customer service and explain our answers back to the other tram and manager. The last task was to sell an item from the store to the manager - this was very laid back!

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favourite superhero? Who would would play you in a film?   Answer Question
    Christmas temp

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hmv in November 2012.

I applied online, were I completed competency based questions, questions about why I wanted to work for HMV. I don't think there were any tests.

I then recieved a phone call a week later for an interview. It was a group interview, with about 8 other people. It was a very informal interview, we had to say who our favourite super hero was, give examples of good customer service and finally sell a product to the two interviewers choice, I had to sell an Ipad but other people had to sell a bottle of Coke and a DVD.

I was then phoned a week later to say I had got the job and they wanted to me to start the next day, they were pretty flexible about this because I couldn't start until the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favourite super hero?
      What do you think good customer service involves?
      Sell a product to the rest of the group.

Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at hmv in January 2008.

One interview, simple and personal. Questions included favourite movies, genres and knowledge of latest releases.
    Similar questions for music.
    Asked about consoles that you own and to review the video games you play.