hmv Store Clerk Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hmv (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in November 2010.

Interview

Know what HMV stands for (His Master's Voice), Know which products they sell. I was asked 3 reasons why a person would tell you that 'they're just looking', remember theft is one. I was asked how I would assist an elderly lady shopping for her grandson, offered gift card, headphones, etc. I was asked why I want to work there, hint 'i've always wanted to work at a cd shop' is not a good enough answer. they are a multi media shop and mention that. also they are over 120 years old, it's a british company, and canadian, not origionating in america like most people think.

Interview Questions

• What does HMV stand for?   1 Answer
  • What do we sell in the store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate anything, this was an offer for a temporary seasonal job with potential to be a regular employee after the season.