hmv

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Clerk Interview

Store Clerk
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at hmv in November 2010.

Interview Details – Know what HMV stands for (His Master's Voice), Know which products they sell. I was asked 3 reasons why a person would tell you that 'they're just looking', remember theft is one. I was asked how I would assist an elderly lady shopping for her grandson, offered gift card, headphones, etc. I was asked why I want to work there, hint 'i've always wanted to work at a cd shop' is not a good enough answer. they are a multi media shop and mention that. also they are over 120 years old, it's a british company, and canadian, not origionating in america like most people think.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate anything, this was an offer for a temporary seasonal job with potential to be a regular employee after the season.

Worked for hmv? Contribute to the Community!