hybris

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hybris in December 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. I did an initial technical phone screen and then met with 4 different people in the Chicago office a week later. Everyone was very pleasant. I didn't get any "tech hotshots" trying to trip me up, but instead the intent was to gauge my technical ability and culture fit. Definitely a great experience (well, as great as interviewing can be!). The hybris recruiter was constantly in contact with me throughout the process

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected, but I was asked a wide range of technical and behavioral questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not too much "wiggle room" in negotiations, but there was some. The offer was well within the range I requested, so it ended up being a pretty simple back and forth.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at hybris in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview panel was good at checking how strong you are technically and where you would fit.

Interview Question – Was asked design examples, no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at hybris in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a local Boston-area recruitment firm that Hybris contracted with that I have dealt with before.

After a successful initial telephone conversation with the Hybris hiring manager, during which I was told that the next step would include a trip to Montreal to continue the interview process, I was told that it would be two weeks until the hiring manager was in town in Montreal to receive me.

After one week, I inquired about the travel arrangements, as I needed to block out the travel time at my current employer. I received a one week time frame and did my best to try and work with that, difficult as it was.

The contracted third party recruiter then called me up and she placed great pressure on me to lower my salary expectations, even questioning the complete salary history I had already provided both to her, her associates, and the Hybris hiring manager.

I was very clear on my salary requirements, expecting somewhere in the vicinity of a very reasonable ~$5k increase in total compensation -- honestly, it was not my primary consideration and I was really open to many different compensation configurations as I had outlined. The hiring manager had indicated to me on the telephone that my salary expectations were within their range, and I spelled out exactly where I was currently at in terms of compensation.

The continual pressure made me think that the only way Hybris was going to move forward was if I agreed to take a pay cut before I even had a chance to talk to Hybris about the position and its responsibilities in detail.

Basically, a Hybris fishing trip: I decided to pass on Hybris as it seems they have low pay scales and hammering candidates' compensation requirements lower is their primary recruitment tactic.

Interview Question – Startups frequently hit speed bumps such as layoffs and force reductions. Can you describe a scenario in which you have had to deal with these types of situations?   View Answer

Kam Interview

Kam
Munich (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at hybris in April 2014.

Interview Details – interview process was very unprofessional. HR just ticket boxes on her sheet, not understanding relations or market drivers at all. She was in a rush and I have yet to hear back from her. Unusual and especially odd because I knew the COO of the company from a previous project and I'll write him an Email now as well.

Interview Question – just asking from the job description to give examples of the described skills   Answer Question

IT Service Manager Interview

IT Service Manager
Munich (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at hybris in May 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview, some technical questions were asked but nothing too complicated.

Interview Question – Which are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hybris in February 2013.

Interview Details – Attended 2 technical interviews and 1 java refactoring test. Java test was good but can be easily done by reasonably experienced candidates.
Technical interviews were done by people who were way less experienced than me. Asked few technical questions but didnt go too much deep into the subject.

Interview Question – Most of them were easy   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was way too less than I currently make. They should probably dont seek experienced people and waste their time. People with experience deserve atleast to a reasonable extent what they ask for. I was asked to come and interview after they made a note of what I was asking for, but still offered way too much lower. Doesnt look professional. Even HR personnel were not that organized while communicating with me. I will not suggest this company to anyone looking for a good place to work.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for hybris? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hybris interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by hybris employees and interview candidates.