hybris Software

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.5

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hybris Software in December 2013.

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. I did an initial technical phone screen and then met with 4 different people in the Chicago office a week later. Everyone was very pleasant. I didn't get any "tech hotshots" trying to trip me up, but instead the intent was to gauge my technical ability and culture fit. Definitely a great experience (well, as great as interviewing can be!). The hybris recruiter was constantly in contact with me throughout the process

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected, but I was asked a wide range of technical and behavioral questions.   View Answer
    Not too much "wiggle room" in negotiations, but there was some. The offer was well within the range I requested, so it ended up being a pretty simple back and forth.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at hybris Software in June 2013.

Interview panel was good at checking how strong you are technically and where you would fit.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at hybris Software in March 2013.

I was contacted by a local Boston-area recruitment firm that Hybris contracted with that I have dealt with before.

After a successful initial telephone conversation with the Hybris hiring manager, during which I was told that the next step would include a trip to Montreal to continue the interview process, I was told that it would be two weeks until the hiring manager was in town in Montreal to receive me.

After one week, I inquired about the travel arrangements, as I needed to block out the travel time at my current employer. I received a one week time frame and did my best to try and work with that, difficult as it was.

The contracted third party recruiter then called me up and she placed great pressure on me to lower my salary expectations, even questioning the complete salary history I had already provided both to her, her associates, and the Hybris hiring manager.

I was very clear on my salary requirements, expecting somewhere in the vicinity of a very reasonable ~$5k increase in total compensation -- honestly, it was not my primary consideration and I was really open to many different compensation configurations as I had outlined. The hiring manager had indicated to me on the telephone that my salary expectations were within their range, and I spelled out exactly where I was currently at in terms of compensation.

The continual pressure made me think that the only way Hybris was going to move forward was if I agreed to take a pay cut before I even had a chance to talk to Hybris about the position and its responsibilities in detail.

Basically, a Hybris fishing trip: I decided to pass on Hybris as it seems they have low pay scales and hammering candidates' compensation requirements lower is their primary recruitment tactic.

Interview Questions
    • Startups frequently hit speed bumps such as layoffs and force reductions. Can you describe a scenario in which you have had to deal with these types of situations?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at hybris Software in August 2014.

I had a scheduled phone call, so, all questions where the common: why this company?, what motivates you etc etc. However, the interviewer sounded very stressed, could be two things a very hard day, or, it is the company culture of work.

Kam Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at hybris Software in April 2014.

Das Gespräch wurde auf sehr unprofessionelle Weise geführt. Die Personalerin machte einfach nur Kreuze auf ihrem Zettel. Sie hatte es eilig und ich habe bisher nichts wieder von ihr gehört. Das war seltsam und ziemlich ungewöhnlich, zumal ich den auch den Geschäftsführer der Firma von einem früheren Projekt her kenne, ich werde ihm jetzt auch noch eine E-Mail schreiben.

interview process was very unprofessional. HR just ticket boxes on her sheet, not understanding relations or market drivers at all. She was in a rush and I have yet to hear back from her. Unusual and especially odd because I knew the COO of the company from a previous project and I'll write him an Email now as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nur Fragen zu den Skills, die in der Tätigkeitsbeschreibung genannt wurden   just asking from the job description to give examples of the described skills   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at hybris Software in September 2013.

fast performing interview process with a technical phone interview in the beginning and after that a face-to-face interview in the office. This all was happen in one week. As soon as HR get involved the process slowed down and missed a little bit the spirit from before.

There was no negotiation, I told my expectations and the agreed with them, as long they are insight of there expectation as well.

IT-Servicemanager Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at hybris Software in May 2013.

Einfaches Bewerbungsgespräch, ein paar technische Fragen wurden gestellt, aber nichts wirklich kompliziertes

Easy interview, some technical questions were asked but nothing too complicated.

Interview Questions
    • Was sind Ihre Schwächen?   Which are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hybris Software in February 2013.

Attended 2 technical interviews and 1 java refactoring test. Java test was good but can be easily done by reasonably experienced candidates.
    Technical interviews were done by people who were way less experienced than me. Asked few technical questions but didnt go too much deep into the subject.

Interview Questions

Salary was way too less than I currently make. They should probably dont seek experienced people and waste their time. People with experience deserve atleast to a reasonable extent what they ask for. I was asked to come and interview after they made a note of what I was asking for, but still offered way too much lower. Doesnt look professional. Even HR personnel were not that organized while communicating with me. I will not suggest this company to anyone looking for a good place to work.