hybris Software

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at hybris Software in March 2013.

I was contacted by a local Boston-area recruitment firm that Hybris contracted with that I have dealt with before.

After a successful initial telephone conversation with the Hybris hiring manager, during which I was told that the next step would include a trip to Montreal to continue the interview process, I was told that it would be two weeks until the hiring manager was in town in Montreal to receive me.

After one week, I inquired about the travel arrangements, as I needed to block out the travel time at my current employer. I received a one week time frame and did my best to try and work with that, difficult as it was.

The contracted third party recruiter then called me up and she placed great pressure on me to lower my salary expectations, even questioning the complete salary history I had already provided both to her, her associates, and the Hybris hiring manager.

I was very clear on my salary requirements, expecting somewhere in the vicinity of a very reasonable ~$5k increase in total compensation -- honestly, it was not my primary consideration and I was really open to many different compensation configurations as I had outlined. The hiring manager had indicated to me on the telephone that my salary expectations were within their range, and I spelled out exactly where I was currently at in terms of compensation.

The continual pressure made me think that the only way Hybris was going to move forward was if I agreed to take a pay cut before I even had a chance to talk to Hybris about the position and its responsibilities in detail.

Basically, a Hybris fishing trip: I decided to pass on Hybris as it seems they have low pay scales and hammering candidates' compensation requirements lower is their primary recruitment tactic.

Interview Questions
  • Startups frequently hit speed bumps such as layoffs and force reductions. Can you describe a scenario in which you have had to deal with these types of situations?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for hybris Software

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at hybris Software in August 2014.

I had a scheduled phone call, so, all questions where the common: why this company?, what motivates you etc etc. However, the interviewer sounded very stressed, could be two things a very hard day, or, it is the company culture of work.

Interview Questions