i3 Research

www.i3global.com

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Medical Editor Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at i3 Research in September 2010.

When I interviewed, i3 was a division of United Healthcare, so the process may have changed. I was interviewed briefly by a recruiter, then by an assistant director, and then by a senior editor. The interviews were very conversational in nature. I didn't feel as though I had to prove much related to my experience; mostly, I felt as though the interviewers were trying to determine whether I would be a good fit and whether I would be suited to a full-time telecommuting position.

Interview Questions
  • How well do you think you can manage your time if you're working from home instead of in an office where your manager can see you?   View Answer
I was able to negotiate salary to a small degree, and they were very flexible regarding my start date. At the time I was deciding whether to accept the position, my mother was hospitalized and I was concerned that this would be a distraction for starting a new job. They were very sympathetic and allowed me to postpone my start date for one month. I had one week to accept or decline the offer, and after accepting, I was required to take a drug test within 48 hours.