iBasis

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at iBasis.

Interview Details – It was like 6 people interviewed and among them 5 rounds are technical and one is hr. The uncertainty is that they won't ask you the questions that are in job requirements. One technical round is very informal and impolite.

Interview Question – SIP workflows   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Burlington, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at iBasis.

Interview Details – 1st Interview - HR Person, 2nd- Set of Interviews - Hiring manager, Co-worker, VP

Interview Question – What business case do you like the most during your master degree and why?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at iBasis in February 2013.

Interview Details – No phone screen. Initial interview with HR and hiring manager. Pretty straight forward interview questions, surrounding strengths and weaknesses, what I'm looking for in a company. Both people were very pleasant and easy to talk with.
2nd interview with higher mgmt, again very easy to communicate with. The fact that their GP retention is so low, so more focus on volume, left me a little uneasy for longevity of the company, or future growth.

Interview Question – Standard questionnaire, self reflection on why they should hire me.   Answer Question

Key Account Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at iBasis.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume in person at the office. I was called in for an initial interview with a manager and a supervisor. They were very nice and asked standard interview questions. Then I was interviewed again by another manager who was also very nice. I was called for a 3rd interview on a later day with the VP. That was maybe the hardest part. I was asked very technical questions and since it was my first telecoms job I think it wasn't so great. I thought i had lost the opportunity after the interview but i was later told that the VP was impressed. I guess my personality and honesty took me through.

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate but I asked. Always ask!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for iBasis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at iBasis interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by iBasis employees and interview candidates.