iCIMS Interview Questions

2.8

General Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at iCIMS.

Applied online via company's site. Received a call in less than one week. Scheduled phone interview with screener. Call/screening went very well. Called back the next morning for scheduling face to face interview. Interview was a group interview. Discussed company and position requirements, as well as my experience for the position. Interview was lengthy. At end of interview, there was a vague explanation of their hiring process. Interviewers seemed unsure of the time frame. Company then made no effort to inform me of their decision. Then, they reposted the job I interviewed for online. I reached out to the company numerous times via email and direct call. Finally received call back with a generic "we went with someone else..." decision.
          According to the CEO, Colin Day, the two qualities they look for in an employee is "passion, and drive." Well, apparently not. Despite the gregarious, insightful, well prepared demeanor I brought to my interview, despite having a rich software background as well as years of experience in a similar SaaS environment, I was not selected for position. For a company whose core function is Talent Acquisition, it is most unprofessional that they make no effort to communicate with applicants post interview. If you read other reviews, you will see this is a chronic pattern with them. Preparing for your interview by studying their product, company history, philosophy, seems unimportant at conclusion of interview. They barely touch upon any of these. Consensus among post interview discussion with other hiring professionals, is that company most likely offers below market value for position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself as a cultural fit in this company? Why do you want to work for iCIMS? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? 10 years from now? Can you tell us of a time where you were failed to accomplish a task assigned to you? Can you tell us of a time where you had to work with others as a team to complete a project or task. In addition, a few technical questions were asked. After successfully answering these questions, interviewers provide a false sense of assurance that you are considered by them to be a strong candidate.   Answer Question

College Recruitment Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at iCIMS.

The interview process was short in terms of steps. The first step was a phone interview that was relatively elaborate for a phone interview. It was very positive and left off with an invitation for a final in person interview.
    This is where the process went downhill for me. I met with 4 people including the Director of Talent Acquisition and the Talent Acquisition Manager. Everyone was welcoming and pleasant in terms of personality but the experience itself was much unorganized. There was so much time in between interviews (20+ minutes) that at times I was wondering if they forgot about me.
    In terms of the questions, they were very vague, lacked depth, and were certainly not behavioral based questions. The questions did not offer the opportunity to shared depth in my experience and how my accomplishments in the past would serve the organizations key initiatives in the future. Also, since the interviews were so rushed, I did not have the opportunity to ask questions myself. Overall the in person experience was 2.5 hours, about 25% of which was me waiting for the next interviewer to walk in. It was very inefficient, unprofessional, and quite frankly disappointing. I really had “hire expectations” of a talent acquisition software company catering to the TALENT ACQUISITION COMMUNITY.
    I left with as positive of a feeling as one can have after such an interview. Naturally, I came home and wrote my follow up/thank you e-mails to each individual I met. The response I received from the director clearly implied there would be “next steps.”
    The next communication I received from ICIMS was a very cookie cutter automated disqualification e-mail. Ironically, their signature reemphasized the ICIMS “hire expectations” tag line and “love ICIMS? Refer a Friend!” Why does ICIMS think that such a low caliber interview process and impersonal closing communication warrants referring a candidate?
    The bottom line is the job market has turned and the battle for talent is becoming increasingly difficult. If this organization plans to follow through on their plans of “doubling their population” they better recognize how critical candidate perception is. It’s a shame because I believe they have a good product and what I understand is a good company culture.
    If you are going to have a candidate spend 2.5 hours in your office, have the integrity and decency to pick up the phone and have a 60 second conversation with them to let them know they were not selected. With 30+ years of Talent Acquisition experience between the Director of TA and Manager of TA, I really expected better.

Interview Questions
    • Very vague questions about my background. Questions were not tailored to my candidacy or the depth of the position.   Answer Question

iCIMS Response

Mar 13, 2015Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your transparency and sharing your interview experience. We regret that your experience was not a positive one. We appreciate every opportunity to enhance the candidate experience, so ... More

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at iCIMS.

Firstly, received a link to do coding challenge. It is not difficult. Quickly, received the email to schedule an initial phone screen interview.
    However, nobody called me when I was waiting for the interview. Then, the recruiter sent an email saying that he was in a meeting and scheduled another interview for me one week later.
    Again, he didn't call me when the rescheduled interview time came. He wrote another email saying that he'd like to reschedule again and didn't explain the reason. OK, we scheduled another.
    Once more, he didn't call as I expected. And this time he didn't even email me. I emailed him asking what was happening. He said he was sorry and would ask another recruiter to help me reachedule.
    2 weeks later, I received the email saying there's no more space and the application is closed.
    It was a very unorganized company and they are so weired. They don't care how applicants feel and waste their time.

Attorney Interview

I applied online – interviewed at iCIMS.

I submitted my resume for the position. Shortly after I received a standard rejection e-mail. Months later I received an email offering an interview for the position. I made my way to their offices for the day and met with their team, including their General Counsel (who is now their CFO). I would say that all the interviewers were dismissive but none worse than the GC. Not only was he extremely bullish, he took a personal call on his cell mid-interview and left the room for a good ten minutes. I could see him talking outside the door. At that point, I didn't care whether or not I received the job--I could never work for someone so arrogant.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you start when reviewing contracts.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at iCIMS.

I applied this position online,and after about 2 weeks ,the HR emailed me to do one online coding test on codility.com.The environment is friendly.What I've experienced is just like this.

Interview Questions
    • 3 algorithm problems.Two of them are string and array problems and one debugging problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at iCIMS.

Gave the online test. Did well in that followed by an HR interview. Which had pretty standard HR questions. Then there was the technical phone interview with a manager. It was a pseudo-technical interview. Focusing on my projects and some behavioural type questions. After that they just disappear.

A company that works on onboarding and recruiting software it's ironical to have such an unprofessional approach towards their candidates. It took them 6 weeks and 5 follow up emails from my side(to which I didn't get a single reply). Finally had to email the person who took my interview to get a reply from them. Extremely disappointed at this unprofessional behaviour.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at iCIMS in February 2015.

I applied through university's career fair. The recruiter let me go back to apply online. One week later, I got the email to let me take the Codility Test.

Interview Questions
    • Three online test. One is merge sort. one is string compression. The last is code correction. Change no more than three lines to make the code work.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at iCIMS in February 2015.

Applied through online. First round was a online exam called codility test where you are given 3 questions out of which two are coding about a binary search tree and arrays, one is a debugging question. 120min is given and the interface was user friendly. Waiting for the result.

Interview Questions
    • Program to print the maximum length of path in a binary tree either left or right continously   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at iCIMS.

Phone screening comes after online assessment. Some technical question will be asked in terms of data structure and algorithms. You should practice a lot to be well- prepared and coding skills.

Communications Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at iCIMS.

First a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by two on-site interviews with direct supervisor and higher-ups. Each lasted roughly a half-hour to one hour. Typically had emailed requests for follow-up interviews within a week or two of most recent interview.

Interview Questions
    Emailed offer. Didn't negotiate.