iCIMS

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at iCIMS.

I applied this position online,and after about 2 weeks ,the HR emailed me to do one online coding test on codility.com.The environment is friendly.What I've experienced is just like this.

Interview Questions
    • 3 algorithm problems.Two of them are string and array problems and one debugging problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at iCIMS.

Gave the online test. Did well in that followed by an HR interview. Which had pretty standard HR questions. Then there was the technical phone interview with a manager. It was a pseudo-technical interview. Focusing on my projects and some behavioural type questions. After that they just disappear.

A company that works on onboarding and recruiting software it's ironical to have such an unprofessional approach towards their candidates. It took them 6 weeks and 5 follow up emails from my side(to which I didn't get a single reply). Finally had to email the person who took my interview to get a reply from them. Extremely disappointed at this unprofessional behaviour.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at iCIMS.

Phone screening comes after online assessment. Some technical question will be asked in terms of data structure and algorithms. You should practice a lot to be well- prepared and coding skills.

Communications Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at iCIMS.

First a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by two on-site interviews with direct supervisor and higher-ups. Each lasted roughly a half-hour to one hour. Typically had emailed requests for follow-up interviews within a week or two of most recent interview.

Interview Questions
    Emailed offer. Didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at iCIMS.

1 Codility test, 1 on campus interview. Codility test is pretty much like leetcode with only one test. You basically have to write tests for you codes. I got 3 question, first is to find longest path along a binary tree; second is to find all summit elements in an array; last one is to correct a binary search code that have bug. The most unexpected problem is on campus interview, they don't ask any data structures or algorithms, they look at your resume and ask which project you like best, what is the most challenge part, how do you cooperate with your teammates, etc. I was unprepared, answer badly…didn't accepted for next round.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior questions on campus interview   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at iCIMS.

Receive the codility test, after online application.
    No reply after finishing the codility test.

Interview Questions
    • I feel that the codility test is no hard. 3 questions, all basic stuff. And the IDE is friendly, you can compile and test until it passes.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at iCIMS in December 2014.

Telephone phone call with recruiter (HR) , followed by in house questions. There was in person interview one to one and also panel to person interview with a lot of people talking. I have been talking with enterprises, and here interview is very long. Process took long too.

Interview Questions
    • General questions on past experience from resume. Why do you like to do specific activity etc, very general questions. Although not so well organized. Was interrupted in between interviews and also not so impressed with same questions by handful of people. To some level not so professional interview. Expected better from employment software company.   Answer Question

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at iCIMS.

I was contacted in July by HR. HR did a very good job of explaining the position and company. One month later I was contacted for an in-person interview with two managers (group interview). Went well, although not a typical interview. A few weeks later, another in person with the direct manager, again I think it went very well. I am convinced they were looking for a specific personality and not necessarily a competency. The entire interview process deteriorated towards the end with nothing but silence for the last month. I ended up taking another contract offer since they took so long. I finally received a response two months+ after initial contact. For an applicant tracking software company, that is absurd. How are you offering your service to other companies when you can't track your own applicants?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, I was over qualified for the position and answered everything 110% correctly.   Answer Question

Software Developer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at iCIMS.

1. Gave in my resume at a Career Fair, got an email asking to me solve a timed coding problem on Codility.com.

2. Call with recruiter followed by a another technical phone call, although I didn't get any technical questions.

3. On-site interview. 3 rounds of 45 minute interviews. First round got a basic string manipulation question followed by a question about building a B-Tree. Second round was a to implement a sorting algorithm and a question that was a twist on tree traversals. Third round was a logistics question that you needed to solve at a high level.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I applied online – interviewed at iCIMS in October 2014.

I was given an online test to solve. It consisted of basic questions. One on array, one on trees and one on debugging a problem. I could crack the test. The HR contacted me to set up a telephonic interview. I was asked normal HR questions like: tell me about yourself, tell me about your internship, where did you here about our company, why do you want this position, difficult problem in project, talk about any of your favorite proejects