iCore

Relevance Date Difficulty

AR Supervisor Interview

AR Supervisor
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at iCore in January 2013.

Interview Details – There was a 4 step process to the interview. Initial Phone interview, HR interview, day in the field and then meeting the CEO. The process is actually fairly quick once they start it. It was explained this is not a 9-5 job, it was not explained that you would be expected to pull 10+ hours a day every day.

Interview Question – I had to role play with the then VP of Finance in regards to a scenario. It was a little unnerving, but went fairly well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was offered a flat salary.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Accounting/Finance Interview

Accounting/Finance
McLean, VA

Interviewed at iCore

Interview Details – I got a call back after submitting my resume on their site. The person on the phone was professional and I scheduled an interview. I only realized how unprofessional the company was once I went to the office.

FIRST INTERVIEW: face to face with the recruiting manager, the supervisor you will be working with, and the head of the department.

Once at the office, I waited over 15 minutes past the SCHEDULED interview time. I came in between five to ten minutes early. I talked with three interviewers and waited probably over 10 minute between each person. I had a meeting with the recruiter and 2 to-be-supervisors.

After the three interviews, the last interviewer had me wait in the waiting room. After waiting some time the front desk admin went to check on my interviewers. When she came back she said they are having a meeting and talking things over. I thought this meant they needed more time. SO I asked if i should leave? (yes, I specifically asked since I did not want to assume anything). The admin said yes and I left after 2+ hour interview.

Later on that day, I got a call saying I was supposed to meet with the department head, and they scheduled me for the next day. Btw, I asked about the interview process twice, they told me: one day of interviews (would include talking to hiring manager, and two managers), one day in the field, and then one day to meet the CEO.

I also just want to add this about my first day interview. There was a cellphone that kept going off with notifications (not mine of course, lol). Also, during the interview, I saw my interviewer taking on phone call and random employees walking in and out of the booked conference room where the interview was going on. And lastly, during my waiting periods I heard lots of company/employee gossip.

SECOND DAY: I came back again paying for tolls, parking, gas to and from. With an interview with the department head. The department head was very new to the company. Before and during the interview she kept leaving and talking with people passing by. It irritated me because it was distracting but hard to create a repertoire. This also wasted so much of my time since I was left just waiting in the chair. In return for my patience and time, I gained very little from this interview and did not get to share much of my experience and abilities.

OVERALL:
Lots of: waiting, lack of communications, distractions during and throughout the interview process.

ADVICE:
If you are looking to interview here, ASK TO GET THE INTERVIEW ITINERARY EMAILED TO YOU WITH TIMES!!! That's the best tip I think I can give to save you money, time, and a headache. I hope working here is much different than interviewing here.

Interview Question – none. Basic Qs: tell me about yourself, strength, weaknesses, where do you want to be in 5/10 years, and a few behavioral.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to deal with gossip, incompetence, and go through any more terrible experience.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for iCore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at iCore interview questions and advice in McLean, VA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by iCore employees and interview candidates.