iCore

Updated Nov 5, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iCore in October 2014.

A recruiter from iCore called me based on my resume on Monster and after a few questions and discussion of the position they asked me to come in for an interview. A few days later I met with the Director of Cloud Services for about an hour and a half. I then returned the next week for a "day in the field" in which I met with most of the rest of the Cloud Services team and learned a lot more about the company and the role. Finally, I came in for a "final interview" two days later with the Director of Cloud Services and his boss, the VP of Engineering. I was told I was being made an offer and asked to accept it on the spot, although I never saw a salary figure or a written offer letter.

Interview Questions

Through the interview process I learned that:
    -iCore is very uptight
    -You can't wear jeans
    -If your late a few times you'll be fired, and 8am is the non-negotiable start time every day
    -There is indoctrination
    -Management believes the word "impressionable" means you dress nice and have a clean cut look (i.e. "presentable") when in fact it means you are easily impressed upon (i.e. "susceptible"). Apparently they want you to be so impressionable that you are willing to accept an alternative definition for the word impressionable that is not in the dictionary.
    -iCore has a lot of positive reviews on glassdoor, most of which have similar wording throughout and smell like fakes from HR. There are then a bunch of horrible reviews that claim they mistreat their employees.
    -iCore told me I was being made an offer but never put it in writing. I felt like I was getting the runaround. Despite this I was told I had to make a decision within 24 hours or the offer would be withdrawn.
    -iCore acted like I was crazy for asking to see their employment contract after my "final interview".
    -Overall I just got the wrong vibe despite many positive notes during the interview process

Service Delivery Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at iCore in June 2014.

4 step interview Process:

1. Initial Interview
    2. Interview with who would be your direct supervisor
    3. Day in the field
    4. Interview following "Day in the field"

The interviews will ask all the basic questions. At the "Day in the Field" they call it 'free labor' for a day. They expect you to take notes on the position, ask questions, and basically it is a day of being trained for free. They usually only invite the people they want to hire. BEWARE: my day in the field was nothing like the position I had.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer asked: "Tell me your life story as it pertains to how you are now, what shaped you to be the professional you are now?"   View Answer
    No negotiation on the salary. What they gave you is what you are expected to take. They would not negotiate anything. Every employee receives the same amount of vacation and benefits.

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I got a call back after submitting my resume on their site. The person on the phone was professional and I scheduled an interview. I only realized how unprofessional the company was once I went to the office.

FIRST INTERVIEW: face to face with the recruiting manager, the supervisor you will be working with, and the head of the department.

Once at the office, I waited over 15 minutes past the SCHEDULED interview time. I came in between five to ten minutes early. I talked with three interviewers and waited probably over 10 minute between each person. I had a meeting with the recruiter and 2 to-be-supervisors.

After the three interviews, the last interviewer had me wait in the waiting room. After waiting some time the front desk admin went to check on my interviewers. When she came back she said they are having a meeting and talking things over. I thought this meant they needed more time. SO I asked if i should leave? (yes, I specifically asked since I did not want to assume anything). The admin said yes and I left after 2+ hour interview.

Later on that day, I got a call saying I was supposed to meet with the department head, and they scheduled me for the next day. Btw, I asked about the interview process twice, they told me: one day of interviews (would include talking to hiring manager, and two managers), one day in the field, and then one day to meet the CEO.

I also just want to add this about my first day interview. There was a cellphone that kept going off with notifications (not mine of course, lol). Also, during the interview, I saw my interviewer taking on phone call and random employees walking in and out of the booked conference room where the interview was going on. And lastly, during my waiting periods I heard lots of company/employee gossip.

SECOND DAY: I came back again paying for tolls, parking, gas to and from. With an interview with the department head. The department head was very new to the company. Before and during the interview she kept leaving and talking with people passing by. It irritated me because it was distracting but hard to create a repertoire. This also wasted so much of my time since I was left just waiting in the chair. In return for my patience and time, I gained very little from this interview and did not get to share much of my experience and abilities.

OVERALL:
    Lots of: waiting, lack of communications, distractions during and throughout the interview process.

ADVICE:
    If you are looking to interview here, ASK TO GET THE INTERVIEW ITINERARY EMAILED TO YOU WITH TIMES!!! That's the best tip I think I can give to save you money, time, and a headache. I hope working here is much different than interviewing here.

Interview Questions
    • none. Basic Qs: tell me about yourself, strength, weaknesses, where do you want to be in 5/10 years, and a few behavioral.   Answer Question

I did not want to deal with gossip, incompetence, and go through any more terrible experience.

AR Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at iCore in January 2013.

There was a 4 step process to the interview. Initial Phone interview, HR interview, day in the field and then meeting the CEO. The process is actually fairly quick once they start it. It was explained this is not a 9-5 job, it was not explained that you would be expected to pull 10+ hours a day every day.

Interview Questions
    • I had to role play with the then VP of Finance in regards to a scenario. It was a little unnerving, but went fairly well.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was offered a flat salary.