iCrossing Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iCrossing.

Insanely intimidating interview; the interviewees came in 3 groups of 4 and were rude and snickered at my answers. Made me feel incredibly unwelcome and set a hostile environment. Never had a more awful experience with any company prior.

Interview Questions
    • On any given Tuesday how many people enter and exit San Francisco? Show us the math.   Answer Question

Intern - Creative Department Interview

I applied online – interviewed at iCrossing.

I applied through their online application system and heard back within one week. They scheduled an initial phone interview and in that conversation, they schedule an in-person meeting for the next week. The whole process took less than a month and everyone was very helpful along the way.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't too difficult, but they wanted to know why I wanted to work for a digital agency, instead of a traditional agency.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iCrossing in February 2014.

Applied on their website and HR contacted me via email to set-up a phone interview with a Senior Media Analyst.

The phone interview lasted 30 minutes exactly. Questions were based off my resume, with about 5 minutes at the end for questions from me.

HR followed-up the next day asking me to come in for a 3 hour interview.

3 hour interview started off with panel of 3 - one Senior Media Analyst, one Project Manager, and one Assistant Director. Questions involved analytical questions such as "How many people fly to and from San Francisco and LA in a typical day?"

2nd phase of interview involved a 1 on 1 session with a current Media Analyst where I was able to shadow and ask questions.

3rd phase was a math test with basic questions related to CPC and Excel as well as basic math questions.

4th phase was another 3 panel interview with 3 Senior Media Analysts. Questions were based off the resume and focused more on Adwords.

Final phase was interview with the VP. There were no questions. Only "Tell me about yourself." and any questions for the VP.

Overall: the interview was too time consuming for the position. In my opinion, it was a waste of manpower as there's not really a good reason why 8 people need to interview 1 person for a position. Also, the panels were varied. First panel was very personable and kind. Second panel came into the room with some animosity for some unknown reason. VP was late, so only had 15 minutes to speak with him versus 30.

Interview Questions
    • How many people fly to and from San Francisco and LA in a typical day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at iCrossing in November 2013.

There was an initial phone screening that involved a senior analyst asking template questions regarding SEM, my experience with data analysis, my interest in iCrossing, my reason for choosing data analysis as a career choice, and my most difficult experiences in my previous career.

The on-site interview would consist of many elements and was quite intense. I would meet with a group panel where there would be a 1.5 hours interview from them. I would also be able to shadow an employee for roughly half an hour. And I would have another interview with the vice president of iCrossing for another hour.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would be how I could see myself improving the company. The question was very open-ended and I didn't know what type of response they were looking.   Answer Question

Senior Unix Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iCrossing in July 2013.

Was contacted by an internal recruiter about the position and scheduled a phone screen. The phone screen was technical by nature and mostly asked UNIX related questions. After which an on-site interview was scheduled, then cancelled the day of by the employer. Later re-scheduled with one day notice! The office was a tiny floor in a shopping plaza.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers had little or zero knowledge of UNIX and kept asking questions specifically about Java and Tomcat. Understandably a sysadmin should know the basic fundamentals of such software, however these questions were more developer oriented. "How would you change the pixels of java app...", "What makes you the best and the brightest?"   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

HR-Phone Screening, Hiring Manager Interview, 2 Technical lead interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iCrossing.

The hiring process was lengthy. After two phone screens I met with 5 individuals during a four-hour interview. It seemed to go well but I wasn't offered the job. The HR team was helpful/friendly as was everyone I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything out of the ordinarily in the line of questioning.   Answer Question

Media Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at iCrossing.

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter a few days after via Email. She set up a phone interview with one of the manager and was later invited in for the in person Interview.
    The interview took around 3.5 hours long, all of which included a skill assessment, 2 panel interviews ( each with 3 interviewers), and a relaxed one on one with a current employee. Although there was a little mixup on the schedule at the time, the interview process was very relaxing; and everyone was pretty nice.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at iCrossing in January 2013.

Too many obscure questions, especially with "which brands do social well". It's a dumb question, since anyone can look it up. Focus on asking what brands are unique in social.

I applied online but took over a month to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't any unexpected questions but an answer. I asked the Head of US Social, where she see this role in the next few years. Her response was..depending on the accounts and individual, we promote them accordingly. That's not a response and shows that they don't have a clear direction for growth.   Answer Question

When I asked about clients and potential for growth, they didn't have a clear response.

Digital Research and Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at iCrossing.

I applied for the position online. The company has an application tracking system that allows you to "track all your job applications and their progress" but after 5 weeks my application was still "under review". Seriously?