iCrossing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at iCrossing (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a response almost immediately from a recruiter. A phone interview was quickly arranged with the hiring manger. From there, an in-person visit was scheduled to meet several members of the team. The process seemed rushed, and they seemed very in need of someone to fill the role. I was surprised that no one from their team followed up with me one way or the other, particularly following a rapid interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle conflict in your team.   Answer Question

Senior UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at iCrossing (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Most pleasant hiring process I've experienced. I was submitted by a recruiter whom I've worked with prior. The following day I was on the phone with the department manager whom I'd be working with and I think it was more about gauging how well we got along than grilling me with assessment questions which can get rather exhausting. The person I spoke with was very personable and friendly, not intimidating at all. After that I went in and met the rest of the team but it was more about me getting the chance to meet them than an interview. Overall I am very happy to have been given the opportunity to work here and I hope to stay around for a while. There's no fuss, no politics or bloated ego, no b.s. If they want you they'll let you know but you better be just as good as you claim to be else you'll just embarrass yourself pretty quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward. Reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at iCrossing (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Once I applied, I heard from a recruiter a few days after. They set up a 30 minute phone interview with the Director. The phone interview was pretty straight forward which focused on my background and why I was interested in iCrossing. A day after, the recruiter reached back out about setting up an on site interview. The on site interview took about 3 hours - 1 person (Sr. Manager) panel interview, 2 person (Sr. Manager & Director) panel interview, an assessment and 1-on-1 with an Analyst (Analyst wasn't there so I met with a Manager instead). The 1-on-1 was more like interviewing an iCrossing employee which was a nice. At first, I was nervous and hesitant about the on site interviews after what I read on Glassdoor. I took it with a grain of salt and actually had a great experience. I felt welcomed, comfortable and even accommodated. I think iCrossing is taking the interview reviews into consideration and making changes with their process so kudos to them! Overall, I had a positive experience. Majority of the interview focused on my experience, skills, interest, but there was plenty of time left to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why iCrossing? What makes you the best candidate? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about something new you completely learned. Why SEM? Tell me what you know about SEM. How are your Excel skills? Do you like to work as a team or independently? What do you think will be your biggest challenge at iCrossing? Tell me about a project you were on. Was it successful? How?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iCrossing (San Francisco, NM).

Interview

Insanely intimidating interview; the interviewees came in 3 groups of 4 and were rude and snickered at my answers. Made me feel incredibly unwelcome and set a hostile environment. Never had a more awful experience with any company prior.

Interview Questions

• On any given Tuesday how many people enter and exit San Francisco? Show us the math.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at iCrossing (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I got a request for an interview. As I lived several states away, they offered to conduct the interview by phone. It was friendly, laid-back, and conversational. They asked standard interview questions and were very knowledgable about the questions I had for them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at iCrossing.

Interview

I applied through their online application system and heard back within one week. They scheduled an initial phone interview and in that conversation, they schedule an in-person meeting for the next week. The whole process took less than a month and everyone was very helpful along the way.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't too difficult, but they wanted to know why I wanted to work for a digital agency, instead of a traditional agency.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iCrossing (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on their website and HR contacted me via email to set-up a phone interview with a Senior Media Analyst. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes exactly. Questions were based off my resume, with about 5 minutes at the end for questions from me. HR followed-up the next day asking me to come in for a 3 hour interview. 3 hour interview started off with panel of 3 - one Senior Media Analyst, one Project Manager, and one Assistant Director. Questions involved analytical questions such as "How many people fly to and from San Francisco and LA in a typical day?" 2nd phase of interview involved a 1 on 1 session with a current Media Analyst where I was able to shadow and ask questions. 3rd phase was a math test with basic questions related to CPC and Excel as well as basic math questions. 4th phase was another 3 panel interview with 3 Senior Media Analysts. Questions were based off the resume and focused more on Adwords. Final phase was interview with the VP. There were no questions. Only "Tell me about yourself." and any questions for the VP. Overall: the interview was too time consuming for the position. In my opinion, it was a waste of manpower as there's not really a good reason why 8 people need to interview 1 person for a position. Also, the panels were varied. First panel was very personable and kind. Second panel came into the room with some animosity for some unknown reason. VP was late, so only had 15 minutes to speak with him versus 30.

Interview Questions

• How many people fly to and from San Francisco and LA in a typical day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at iCrossing (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening that involved a senior analyst asking template questions regarding SEM, my experience with data analysis, my interest in iCrossing, my reason for choosing data analysis as a career choice, and my most difficult experiences in my previous career. The on-site interview would consist of many elements and was quite intense. I would meet with a group panel where there would be a 1.5 hours interview from them. I would also be able to shadow an employee for roughly half an hour. And I would have another interview with the vice president of iCrossing for another hour.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question would be how I could see myself improving the company. The question was very open-ended and I didn't know what type of response they were looking.   Answer Question

Senior Unix Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iCrossing (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by an internal recruiter about the position and scheduled a phone screen. The phone screen was technical by nature and mostly asked UNIX related questions. After which an on-site interview was scheduled, then cancelled the day of by the employer. Later re-scheduled with one day notice! The office was a tiny floor in a shopping plaza.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers had little or zero knowledge of UNIX and kept asking questions specifically about Java and Tomcat. Understandably a sysadmin should know the basic fundamentals of such software, however these questions were more developer oriented. "How would you change the pixels of java app...", "What makes you the best and the brightest?"   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR-Phone Screening, Hiring Manager Interview, 2 Technical lead interview