iData Research

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.0

Account Manager Interview

I had interview with CEO, Manager and other staff. Staff were very nice, CEO seemed nice but was trying to hide something about the culture of company. The interview was pretty straight forward, and general questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were basic and similar to other interview questions   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iData Research in October 2014.

HR was very quick to get back to me requesting a phone interview within a week. Phone interview lasted only a few questions about why I was applying etc. and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview the following day. The first in-person interview involved a simple excel analysis, some calculations and graphs and then a short write up. I met with the CEO that same day. And he asked the basics: "Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years.." and then said he was looking for a 2 year commitment from new hires. The next day I was called for the second interview, with three analytics staff. They asked a few questions about experience, and what challenges I might have. They said that their research methodology mostly consisted of cold-calling but couldn't tell me how they incentivized "industry insiders" to give them any information. I was then asked to explain how I would calculate daily revenues from a bridge toll. The following day they asked for my references, which I provided and they got back to me again within a week. I was told I would be offered a contract and asked to come in the following day.

When I met with the CEO he showed me the contract and I said that I would like to take it home and review it. This is where is got shifty. He said that if I couldn't sign today it might delay my ability to start on Monday and could delay the whole project. He encouraged me to take it to the other room, look it over, ask questions and then hopefully I would be satisfied. I did this, brought it back and reluctantly signed. I then asked HR what my first day would involve and they said the manager wouldn't be in Monday so it would be a slow day. I took the contract home and my friends and family said that is was a very problematic contract. I will not go into details but to be brief: the contract was written such that the employee was at risk of working for minimum wage or less. I read the reviews on this website and became gravely concerned.

When I arrived Monday I requested to meet again with the CEO to renegotiate the terms. He did meet with me for almost an hour and said most of the issues I raised could be addressed. I received a call later that day saying that although he would gladly meet my demands and would very much like to hire me, my actions and initial mistrust of the company (please see former employee reviews) had soured any potential relationship with my would-be co-workers. I told him that was too bad, and thank you anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy, the difficult thing is ensuring you are protected from exploitation. DO NOT sign the contract the day you receive it. INSIST on taking it home and having an experienced person review it. Or better yet, read the reviews here before you go through the interview process. The former employee reviews confirmed nearly all of my concerns raised during the interview process.   Answer Question

The contract offered had very low base pay with a slight bonus incentive. There was no description of the project and no description of deliverables. There was no guarantee that the employee would make more than minimum wage and the contract stipulated that if the project was left unfinished, all wages would have to be paid back. There were many other problems with the contract and I felt pressured to sign without time to properly review it.

Typist/Transcriptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iData Research in September 2014.

After submitting the application from Indeed.ca, I got a phone call from the HR to schedule a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to go in for skill testing as well as face to face interview. I was not impressed with the equipment they've provided me with to do the typing speed test. The comma key was not functioning properly and required multiple presses to register. I was not given another chance when I mentioned it to the HR after initial testing. With the broken keyboard, my results were far from my normal typing speed and was not selected for the position.In addition, I attempted following in up after the interview but heard nothing back until 3 weeks later when I receive a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you believe that you are a good candidate for this position?   View Answer

iData Research Response

Oct 6, 2014Human Resources Generalist

First of all let me say that I am sorry to hear that your interview experience with iData was less than favorable. As this role is an entry level position we had received an overwhelming number of ... More

Market Research Analyst Interview

I applied for the Market Research Analyst position to HR by email as directed from an online job posting. After about a week a phone screen interview was conducted, this was followed by testing, a first interview, further testing, and a second interview. The interview process took about a week.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at iData Research.

first talked to someone who claimed to be an HR manager and then found out theyare the editor. was really confused because they seemed so unknowledgeable and unprofessional then i found out they are not really part of HR

Interview Questions
    negotiation is not allowed. i learned this by reading review of iData before going into the interview. other reviews say if you negotiate or take too long to sign the contract while management hovers over you you quickly lose your offer. this is all true

Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iData Research.

Received a casual call from the HR person. The first one-on-one interview with the HR representative was approximately 15 minutes long. Afterwards, found out she wasn't even a legit HR person. She was the receptionist/editor. She wasn't all that professional and didn't seemed prepared for the interview at all.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very unstructured and common. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Entire process involved two separate interviews:

First interview comprised of a sit down with their HR who asks typical interview questions and a writing portion where they ask you to analyze some data and do a writeup.

Second interview involved doing some phone calls (to test comfort speaking on phone?) and another sit down with members from analyst and sales team. This was also followed by a quick meeting with the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • In the second interview you will be asked to answer some brain teasers like how many diapers are sold in China.   Answer Question

Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at iData Research in January 2011.

They always ask the square root of 1000 and how to figure out how many diapers in China. They will do a test where they ask you to look at a list of facts and talk about it. All you need to do for that test is take the data and make a table or chart showing that what the numbers in the test tell you.

Interview Questions
    Don't bother negotiating. The salary is excessively low and there is no room for bargaining. In fact, just avoid the company unless you are desperate for income.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at iData Research in January 2011.

There are two face-to-face interviews. The first interview, you meet with the HR person (and I use that term loosely). Then a practical test takes place where you must calculate CAGRs and forecast market sizes. After that, you interview with a sales person and an analyst. Finally, you meet the CEO who gives you his view on market research. Either the CEO is seeing the world through rose colored glasses or he is delusional about the grandeur of his company.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate the CAGR (the % can change over the years) of a market.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation and the CEO does not let you take the contract home for review. He makes you sign it on the spot and if you take too long he glares at you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at iData Research in August 2010.

first a standard phone interview
    then a 1on1 interview with the hr manager
    on the first on site interview there is also an exercise to complete
    then i was invited for a second interview
    interviewed with the analyst and sales team
    also another exercise