iDirect Technologies Interview Questions in Herndon, VA

Updated Jun 27, 2015

3.1

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Recruiter called and setup phone interview. Long phone with very technical conversations. On site interview in a week. Technical rounds with 6 different people no HR. got offer in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Circuit design and analysis and DSP related   1 Answer

Negotiation

Couple of back and forth but just about typical

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty simple and straightforward. They just want to assess how much you know of the topic in hand. It was purely technical with no HR questions what so ever

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard procedure. I was refereed by a friend. My resume is handed to the hiring manager. Received call from the manager a few days later, asking about experiences, background, accomplishment. Then a onsite interview is setup, and I met with five different groups of people on the other day. White board coding in C++. Not very difficult questions. But need get ready.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Phone screen followed by in person interview. HR discussion. 4 technical interviews. 3 engineers, 1 hiring manager. Standard C++ questions...inheritance, polymorphism, write code on whiteboard...sort elements in a vector, quicksort. Basic stuff, nothing difficult or unexpected. Didn't look like the interviewers put too much thought into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Does not pay comparable to other companies in the area. Offered me the same as my last position initially. Had to negotiate to get a couple of thousand more.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a embedded developer position and I was contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was setup within a week. The person conducting the interview called me at the date and time agreed upon and we had an hour long phone screening. Although, the job was for an experienced senior level engineer, my feeling was that the interviewer himself did not have the domain expertise on embedded development to conduct the interview. He, instead veered off to other topics ranging from java/C++ questions, OS fundamentals, database etc. In the end, I did not have a chance to speak about any of my projects or talk about my knowledge of embedded development at all. It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult questions, but the the shear amount of idiocy into some of these questions being asked wanted me to hang up and end the conversation right there.   Answer Question

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by onsite panel of 5-6 people, followed by another stress interview via webex for 1:30 hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

Met five people in a morning. Get result the other day.

Interview Questions

• C/C++ programming, knowledge on routing and switching. Many questions are from careercup.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate on salary and title with HR. Get a little more than they initially offered.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online, then got a phone interview a few days later. Questions were mainly about systems and C++. And decided the onsite interview date after the phone interview. Met with a group of four people in the company. Questions were about C/C++, basic data structure, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

There was one phone screen which was brief and surprising as I wasn't expecting a call before an email confirmation about a possible phone interview. I did a decent job apparently as I was called later for an onsite interview. The onsite interview process was very good. I was interviewed by 2 peers first who gave a lot of importance to my algorithmic skills. I was later interviewed by the manager who was very encouraging during the interview. I thought I did okay. A month later, I was called and told that they would like to hire me. The work culture seemed very professional and I was told that a lot of stress is laid on taking initiative and learning what is unknown. The team seemed very solid in their fundamentals. I was told that encouragement is given to take up projects of ones liking - which pretty much implies that you are responsible for it from start to finish (covering the basic design to the detailed design, coding, unit test and possibly integration testing) They said a lot of attention is given to follow programming standards. In short they wanted their employees to code right - write code that scales well, can be reused and is object oriented. All that is absolutely true.

Interview Questions

• Describe the internals of how the GMP library handles big numbers   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations will probably be unsuccessful. A lot of money is made via bonuses which is a very encouraging culture here.

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

It was one hour phone interview and most of the questions were related to the how the current Job functions matched the Job responsibilities listed in the application. They were very patient in explaining their expectations. They emphasized on the problem solving skills. Lot of questions were asked related to the six sigma methodlogy of problem solving and FMEA related questions.