iDirect Technologies Interview Questions in Herndon, VA

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at iDirect Technologies.

Recruiter contacted me. Phone screen followed by in person interview.

HR discussion. 4 technical interviews. 3 engineers, 1 hiring manager.

Standard C++ questions...inheritance, polymorphism, write code on whiteboard...sort elements in a vector, quicksort.

Basic stuff, nothing difficult or unexpected. Didn't look like the interviewers put too much thought into the interview questions.

Interview Questions
    Does not pay comparable to other companies in the area. Offered me the same as my last position initially. Had to negotiate to get a couple of thousand more.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in September 2013.

I applied online for a embedded developer position and I was contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was setup within a week. The person conducting the interview called me at the date and time agreed upon and we had an hour long phone screening. Although, the job was for an experienced senior level engineer, my feeling was that the interviewer himself did not have the domain expertise on embedded development to conduct the interview. He, instead veered off to other topics ranging from java/C++ questions, OS fundamentals, database etc. In the end, I did not have a chance to speak about any of my projects or talk about my knowledge of embedded development at all. It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult questions, but the the shear amount of idiocy into some of these questions being asked wanted me to hang up and end the conversation right there.   Answer Question

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in January 2013.

Phone Interview followed by onsite panel of 5-6 people, followed by another stress interview via webex for 1:30 hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in April 2012.

Met five people in a morning. Get result the other day.

Interview Questions
    • C/C++ programming, knowledge on routing and switching. Many questions are from careercup.   Answer Question
    Negotiate on salary and title with HR. Get a little more than they initially offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

interviewed at iDirect Technologies in December 2011.

Applied online, then got a phone interview a few days later. Questions were mainly about systems and C++. And decided the onsite interview date after the phone interview. Met with a group of four people in the company. Questions were about C/C++, basic data structure, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in October 2011.

There was one phone screen which was brief and surprising as I wasn't expecting a call before an email confirmation about a possible phone interview. I did a decent job apparently as I was called later for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview process was very good. I was interviewed by 2 peers first who gave a lot of importance to my algorithmic skills. I was later interviewed by the manager who was very encouraging during the interview. I thought I did okay. A month later, I was called and told that they would like to hire me.

The work culture seemed very professional and I was told that a lot of stress is laid on taking initiative and learning what is unknown. The team seemed very solid in their fundamentals. I was told that encouragement is given to take up projects of ones liking - which pretty much implies that you are responsible for it from start to finish (covering the basic design to the detailed design, coding, unit test and possibly integration testing) They said a lot of attention is given to follow programming standards. In short they wanted their employees to code right - write code that scales well, can be reused and is object oriented. All that is absolutely true.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the internals of how the GMP library handles big numbers   Answer Question
    Negotiations will probably be unsuccessful. A lot of money is made via bonuses which is a very encouraging culture here.

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in September 2011.

It was one hour phone interview and most of the questions were related to the how the current Job functions matched the Job responsibilities listed in the application. They were very patient in explaining their expectations. They emphasized on the problem solving skills. Lot of questions were asked related to the six sigma methodlogy of problem solving and FMEA related questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Extremely dissatisfied with the process. Started professionally with a phone interview with HR and then follow up with the hiring manager a few days later. Went very well. Was scheduled for a range of team interviews the following week for 5 hours with 5 employees and managers. Left there feeling very good and satisfied it went well. Sent a thank you that day. One week went by with no email, call or letter. Called to follow up and left message with HR and hiring manager. Another week went by with no contact. Called again and this time got manager who said they would finish process in a few days and advised me I was strong candidate and I had another offer so needed quick resolution. Never heard from them after that via email, phone or letter. Took the other job. Very unprofessional conduct and would not recommend.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in July 2011.

I applied online and received a quick response for a phone interview. Two days, i had a very fast paced interview with the interview with hiring Manager and HR Manager . It was less than 30 mintues.For me was an indication of the Company/Department fast pace enviroment.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in April 2011.

the phone interview was done by the respective manager and director of the department. It was completely based on technical knowledge and they understood the fact that I was a recent grad ( which I really liked). I was confirmed for a 1:1 interview just after the phone interview was done.
    the 1:1 interview was taken by 8 people from the same department but at different posts. All of the questions were again directly related to the job post and entirely based on my resume.
    Everything on my resume was discussed.It also had a 1 hour break for lunch with the Director. But for some reason I was rejected in the end. No regrets. But overall a good company.

Interview Questions

Worked for iDirect Technologies? Contribute to the Community!