iDirect Technologies

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Herndon, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at iDirect Technologies.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me. Phone screen followed by in person interview.

HR discussion. 4 technical interviews. 3 engineers, 1 hiring manager.

Standard C++ questions...inheritance, polymorphism, write code on whiteboard...sort elements in a vector, quicksort.

Basic stuff, nothing difficult or unexpected. Didn't look like the interviewers put too much thought into the interview questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions...C++ quicksort.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Does not pay comparable to other companies in the area. Offered me the same as my last position initially. Had to negotiate to get a couple of thousand more.

Interviewed at iDirect Technologies

Interview Details – I was contacted by a headhunter for a software engineer position with idirect. After my resume was submitted, I got a call from HR to set up a phone screen.

Interview Question – Write code to traverse a red-black tree.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in February 2014.

Interview Details – Connected through my university career fair. 30 minute interview was scheduled the next day. Asked about my projects and few technical questions. After a month got a call for onsite interview. Yet to attend onsite interview.

Interview Question – 1) General OOPS concepts.
2) shift all zeroes in an array to last
  Answer Question

Herndon, VA

I interviewed at iDirect Technologies in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, then got a phone interview a few days later. Questions were mainly about systems and C++. And decided the onsite interview date after the phone interview. Met with a group of four people in the company. Questions were about C/C++, basic data structure, etc.

Interview Question – How to design a singleton?   Answer Question

Contracts Specialist Interview

Contracts Specialist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in May 2013.

Interview Details – After making it past a screening call, I spent one day meeting with potential co-workers, HR, and one internal client. The people I met with were all very friendly and pleasant. In total, the interviews lasted around three hours.

Interview Question – How will you handle commuting so far?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Herndon, VA

I applied online - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a embedded developer position and I was contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was setup within a week. The person conducting the interview called me at the date and time agreed upon and we had an hour long phone screening. Although, the job was for an experienced senior level engineer, my feeling was that the interviewer himself did not have the domain expertise on embedded development to conduct the interview. He, instead veered off to other topics ranging from java/C++ questions, OS fundamentals, database etc. In the end, I did not have a chance to speak about any of my projects or talk about my knowledge of embedded development at all. It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Question – None were difficult questions, but the the shear amount of idiocy into some of these questions being asked wanted me to hang up and end the conversation right there.   Answer Question

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Software Systems Engineer
Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by onsite panel of 5-6 people, followed by another stress interview via webex for 1:30 hr.

Interview Question – How do you implement TCP/IP protocol on your own   Answer Question

Herndon, VA

I applied online - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in April 2012.

Interview Details – Met five people in a morning. Get result the other day.

Interview Question – C/C++ programming, knowledge on routing and switching. Many questions are from careercup.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate on salary and title with HR. Get a little more than they initially offered.

Operations Interview

Operations
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact after an online application was over email. HR person asked to schedule a phone screening interview as I was a good match for the position.
In about a week a have received a call directly from the hiring manager. We discussed my skills, area of expertise and what I can do for the company.

Interview consisted of a multiple 1:1 sessions with hiring managers and peer interviews. It took at least 2 hours and 6 different people showed up in the meeting room.

Everything was on the professional level. All questions were directly related to the position and included informal skills test and personality assessment.

Interview Question – "Tell about yourself"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You need to ask as much as you can imagine. The company is willing to pay for a good candidate.

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in October 2011.

Interview Details – There was one phone screen which was brief and surprising as I wasn't expecting a call before an email confirmation about a possible phone interview. I did a decent job apparently as I was called later for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview process was very good. I was interviewed by 2 peers first who gave a lot of importance to my algorithmic skills. I was later interviewed by the manager who was very encouraging during the interview. I thought I did okay. A month later, I was called and told that they would like to hire me.

The work culture seemed very professional and I was told that a lot of stress is laid on taking initiative and learning what is unknown. The team seemed very solid in their fundamentals. I was told that encouragement is given to take up projects of ones liking - which pretty much implies that you are responsible for it from start to finish (covering the basic design to the detailed design, coding, unit test and possibly integration testing) They said a lot of attention is given to follow programming standards. In short they wanted their employees to code right - write code that scales well, can be reused and is object oriented. All that is absolutely true.

Interview Question – Describe the internals of how the GMP library handles big numbers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations will probably be unsuccessful. A lot of money is made via bonuses which is a very encouraging culture here.

Worked for iDirect Technologies? Contribute to the Community!