iDirect Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Recruiter called and setup phone interview. Long phone with very technical conversations. On site interview in a week. Technical rounds with 6 different people no HR. got offer in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Circuit design and analysis and DSP related   1 Answer

Negotiation

Couple of back and forth but just about typical

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty simple and straightforward. They just want to assess how much you know of the topic in hand. It was purely technical with no HR questions what so ever

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard procedure. I was refereed by a friend. My resume is handed to the hiring manager. Received call from the manager a few days later, asking about experiences, background, accomplishment. Then a onsite interview is setup, and I met with five different groups of people on the other day. White board coding in C++. Not very difficult questions. But need get ready.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at iDirect Technologies in January 2015.

Interview

phone screen and onsite interview. during the phone interview, very simple questions about the c and operating system. onsite interview is all about chatting. Not hard to get the answer to each question.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Normal process not very hectic. 4 people took the interview for 30 mins each. Everyone was nice and asked technical questions mostly except the HR person. Phone interview was 30 mins only. On site was one day whole day process.

Interview Questions

• Technical question about designing a class structure to solve a real life design problem.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Phone screen followed by in person interview. HR discussion. 4 technical interviews. 3 engineers, 1 hiring manager. Standard C++ questions...inheritance, polymorphism, write code on whiteboard...sort elements in a vector, quicksort. Basic stuff, nothing difficult or unexpected. Didn't look like the interviewers put too much thought into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Does not pay comparable to other companies in the area. Offered me the same as my last position initially. Had to negotiate to get a couple of thousand more.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter for a software engineer position with idirect. After my resume was submitted, I got a call from HR to set up a phone screen.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at iDirect Technologies in June 2014.

Interview

First round was HR round. She asked about my classes.projects and regular behavioral questions. For the second round I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager, he stressed more on basics of networking and TCP/IP.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at iDirect Technologies in February 2014.

Interview

Connected through my university career fair. 30 minute interview was scheduled the next day. Asked about my projects and few technical questions. After a month got a call for onsite interview. Yet to attend onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) General OOPS concepts. 2) shift all zeroes in an array to last   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a embedded developer position and I was contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was setup within a week. The person conducting the interview called me at the date and time agreed upon and we had an hour long phone screening. Although, the job was for an experienced senior level engineer, my feeling was that the interviewer himself did not have the domain expertise on embedded development to conduct the interview. He, instead veered off to other topics ranging from java/C++ questions, OS fundamentals, database etc. In the end, I did not have a chance to speak about any of my projects or talk about my knowledge of embedded development at all. It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult questions, but the the shear amount of idiocy into some of these questions being asked wanted me to hang up and end the conversation right there.   Answer Question