iDirect Technologies Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2014
17 interviews

3.1

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Normal process not very hectic. 4 people took the interview for 30 mins each. Everyone was nice and asked technical questions mostly except the HR person.
    Phone interview was 30 mins only. On site was one day whole day process.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question about designing a class structure to solve a real life design problem.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at iDirect Technologies.

Recruiter contacted me. Phone screen followed by in person interview.

HR discussion. 4 technical interviews. 3 engineers, 1 hiring manager.

Standard C++ questions...inheritance, polymorphism, write code on whiteboard...sort elements in a vector, quicksort.

Basic stuff, nothing difficult or unexpected. Didn't look like the interviewers put too much thought into the interview questions.

Interview Questions
    Does not pay comparable to other companies in the area. Offered me the same as my last position initially. Had to negotiate to get a couple of thousand more.

Software Engineer Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter for a software engineer position with idirect. After my resume was submitted, I got a call from HR to set up a phone screen.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in February 2014.

Connected through my university career fair. 30 minute interview was scheduled the next day. Asked about my projects and few technical questions. After a month got a call for onsite interview. Yet to attend onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1) General OOPS concepts.
      2) shift all zeroes in an array to last
        Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

interviewed at iDirect Technologies in December 2011.

Applied online, then got a phone interview a few days later. Questions were mainly about systems and C++. And decided the onsite interview date after the phone interview. Met with a group of four people in the company. Questions were about C/C++, basic data structure, etc.

Contracts Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in May 2013.

After making it past a screening call, I spent one day meeting with potential co-workers, HR, and one internal client. The people I met with were all very friendly and pleasant. In total, the interviews lasted around three hours.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I interviewed online - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in September 2013.

I applied online for a embedded developer position and I was contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was setup within a week. The person conducting the interview called me at the date and time agreed upon and we had an hour long phone screening. Although, the job was for an experienced senior level engineer, my feeling was that the interviewer himself did not have the domain expertise on embedded development to conduct the interview. He, instead veered off to other topics ranging from java/C++ questions, OS fundamentals, database etc. In the end, I did not have a chance to speak about any of my projects or talk about my knowledge of embedded development at all. It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult questions, but the the shear amount of idiocy into some of these questions being asked wanted me to hang up and end the conversation right there.   Answer Question

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in January 2013.

Phone Interview followed by onsite panel of 5-6 people, followed by another stress interview via webex for 1:30 hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I interviewed online - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in April 2012.

Met five people in a morning. Get result the other day.

Interview Questions
    • C/C++ programming, knowledge on routing and switching. Many questions are from careercup.   Answer Question
    Negotiate on salary and title with HR. Get a little more than they initially offered.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at iDirect Technologies in September 2010.

Initial contact after an online application was over email. HR person asked to schedule a phone screening interview as I was a good match for the position.
    In about a week a have received a call directly from the hiring manager. We discussed my skills, area of expertise and what I can do for the company.

Interview consisted of a multiple 1:1 sessions with hiring managers and peer interviews. It took at least 2 hours and 6 different people showed up in the meeting room.

Everything was on the professional level. All questions were directly related to the position and included informal skills test and personality assessment.

Interview Questions
    You need to ask as much as you can imagine. The company is willing to pay for a good candidate.

Worked for iDirect Technologies? Contribute to the Community!