Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at iDirect Technologies
- Software Engineer (6)
- Associate Software Engineer (2)
- Intern (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Accounting (1)
- Firmware Engineer II (1)
- Embedded Software Engineer (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Product Engineering (1)
- Manager (1)
- Contracts Specialist (1)
- Software Systems Engineer (1)
- Operations (1)
- Internship (1)
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA).
Recruiter called and setup phone interview. Long phone with very technical conversations.
On site interview in a week. Technical rounds with 6 different people no HR. got offer in 2 days.
- Circuit design and analysis and DSP related 1 Answer
Couple of back and forth but just about typical
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in May 2015.
It was pretty simple and straightforward. They just want to assess how much you know of the topic in hand. It was purely technical with no HR questions what so ever
- Mostly questions related to C++ Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days – interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in April 2015.
Standard procedure. I was refereed by a friend. My resume is handed to the hiring manager. Received call from the manager a few days later, asking about experiences, background, accomplishment. Then a onsite interview is setup, and I met with five different groups of people on the other day. White board coding in C++. Not very difficult questions. But need get ready.
- OO design problems in C++. Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks – interviewed at iDirect Technologies in January 2015.
phone screen and onsite interview. during the phone interview, very simple questions about the c and operating system. onsite interview is all about chatting. Not hard to get the answer to each question.
- what is layout of c++ virtual function? Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
Normal process not very hectic. 4 people took the interview for 30 mins each. Everyone was nice and asked technical questions mostly except the HR person.
Phone interview was 30 mins only. On site was one day whole day process.
- Technical question about designing a class structure to solve a real life design problem. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA).
Recruiter contacted me. Phone screen followed by in person interview.
HR discussion. 4 technical interviews. 3 engineers, 1 hiring manager.
Standard C++ questions...inheritance, polymorphism, write code on whiteboard...sort elements in a vector, quicksort.
Basic stuff, nothing difficult or unexpected. Didn't look like the interviewers put too much thought into the interview questions.
- No difficult questions...C++ quicksort. Answer Question
Does not pay comparable to other companies in the area. Offered me the same as my last position initially. Had to negotiate to get a couple of thousand more.
- No Offer
I was contacted by a headhunter for a software engineer position with idirect. After my resume was submitted, I got a call from HR to set up a phone screen.
- Write code to traverse a red-black tree. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at iDirect Technologies in June 2014.
First round was HR round. She asked about my classes.projects and regular behavioral questions. For the second round I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager, he stressed more on basics of networking and TCP/IP.
- Collision Domain of a Switch Answer Question
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at iDirect Technologies in February 2014.
Connected through my university career fair. 30 minute interview was scheduled the next day. Asked about my projects and few technical questions. After a month got a call for onsite interview. Yet to attend onsite interview.
- 1) General OOPS concepts.
2) shift all zeroes in an array to last Answer Question
- 1) General OOPS concepts.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in September 2013.
I applied online for a embedded developer position and I was contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was setup within a week. The person conducting the interview called me at the date and time agreed upon and we had an hour long phone screening. Although, the job was for an experienced senior level engineer, my feeling was that the interviewer himself did not have the domain expertise on embedded development to conduct the interview. He, instead veered off to other topics ranging from java/C++ questions, OS fundamentals, database etc. In the end, I did not have a chance to speak about any of my projects or talk about my knowledge of embedded development at all. It was a complete waste of my time.
- None were difficult questions, but the the shear amount of idiocy into some of these questions being asked wanted me to hang up and end the conversation right there. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review