iDirect Technologies Interview Questions

3.1

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Normal process not very hectic. 4 people took the interview for 30 mins each. Everyone was nice and asked technical questions mostly except the HR person.
    Phone interview was 30 mins only. On site was one day whole day process.

Interview Questions

• Technical question about designing a class structure to solve a real life design problem.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Phone screen followed by in person interview.

HR discussion. 4 technical interviews. 3 engineers, 1 hiring manager.

Standard C++ questions...inheritance, polymorphism, write code on whiteboard...sort elements in a vector, quicksort.

Basic stuff, nothing difficult or unexpected. Didn't look like the interviewers put too much thought into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Does not pay comparable to other companies in the area. Offered me the same as my last position initially. Had to negotiate to get a couple of thousand more.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter for a software engineer position with idirect. After my resume was submitted, I got a call from HR to set up a phone screen.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at iDirect Technologies in June 2014.

Interview

First round was HR round. She asked about my classes.projects and regular behavioral questions. For the second round I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager, he stressed more on basics of networking and TCP/IP.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at iDirect Technologies in February 2014.

Interview

Connected through my university career fair. 30 minute interview was scheduled the next day. Asked about my projects and few technical questions. After a month got a call for onsite interview. Yet to attend onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) General OOPS concepts.
      2) shift all zeroes in an array to last

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a embedded developer position and I was contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was setup within a week. The person conducting the interview called me at the date and time agreed upon and we had an hour long phone screening. Although, the job was for an experienced senior level engineer, my feeling was that the interviewer himself did not have the domain expertise on embedded development to conduct the interview. He, instead veered off to other topics ranging from java/C++ questions, OS fundamentals, database etc. In the end, I did not have a chance to speak about any of my projects or talk about my knowledge of embedded development at all. It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult questions, but the the shear amount of idiocy into some of these questions being asked wanted me to hang up and end the conversation right there.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iDirect Technologies in May 2013.

Interview

After making it past a screening call, I spent one day meeting with potential co-workers, HR, and one internal client. The people I met with were all very friendly and pleasant. In total, the interviews lasted around three hours.

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by onsite panel of 5-6 people, followed by another stress interview via webex for 1:30 hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

Met five people in a morning. Get result the other day.

Interview Questions

• C/C++ programming, knowledge on routing and switching. Many questions are from careercup.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate on salary and title with HR. Get a little more than they initially offered.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

interviewed at iDirect Technologies (Herndon, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online, then got a phone interview a few days later. Questions were mainly about systems and C++. And decided the onsite interview date after the phone interview. Met with a group of four people in the company. Questions were about C/C++, basic data structure, etc.