iGATE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at iGATE in August 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR from Connecticut. Scheduled the interview on the very same day. Total 2 rounds

Interview Question – Round#1
Discussed about my background, my previous projects, current projects, DB's, some real project scenario with problems and how I will address them, some questions on front end tech and how the optimization will work. Also, gave a case study and asked how I will work.

Round#2
Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the same q's as that of round one. Lasted for 35 mins.

After 2 rounds, got a call from HR. Discussed the job band. They offered a lower level than I was currently in. Also, the pay range was below my expectation. HR was not ready to negotiate.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered a lower level of job band. Also, salary was below expectation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at iGATE in May 2014.

Interview Details – I received a mail from one of the HRs regarding the position, which matched my present profile perfectly. I got the call from the HR within a week of application for the first round of interview (telephonic), which took place on the immediate next day. The second round of interview (again telephonic) also was conducted within a day's interval at iGate Hyderabad office. Both the interviews went well and there was a final HR round, where I was informed about my selection in the company. Then i was asked to fill up the employment application form and send other documents. Even after sending everything I did not receive any kind communication from the HR for a week. Then I mailed them to inquire about the status of the candidature, and no response ever followed.
The entire experience with iGate confirmed the floating grapevine regarding the unprofessional attitude of the company and its treatment towards employee and prospects.
I have a stable job and I work in a huge multinational. Not getting an offer does not hurt me as much as it would impact someone who is looking for a change desperately. Hence, do not bank on iGate, if you are in a dire need.

Interview Question – Question were relevant and made sense.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at iGATE

Worked for iGATE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at iGATE Consultant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by iGATE employees and interview candidates.