iGATE

Average Difficulty
214 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at iGATE.

Interview Details – a good start is half done as they say. . Clear ur aptitude.test . .tech interview is simple basic (i was asked sql queries, javascript code, about certifications, projects ) but be sure with everything u put in ur CV. Few interviewers do ask general brain storming riddles. . .Be confident in what u say. . .dont fumble ! HR is manageable...they are just majorly concerned with relocation. . .Just say YES if u want the job ! Good luck :)

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as such....simple questions bt ur answer should be convincing
How much would u rate urself as a teammember out of 10 ? watever rating u give...u need to explain why with the reason or incident !
Why only Igate ? *compulsory question haahaa
my answer to it was Every company dat visits our campus is an opportunity yesterday it was lnt and today is igate .....bt not every interviewer appreciates honesty !
some interviewers love hearing Its a great company for freshers....blah blah
Keep an eye contact n then u wud know what answer he/she expects.
  Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at iGATE in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewer didn't have a clue what he was hiring for. None of the questions were relevant to the job. Just trying to increase the bench strength. Main question was what do you know about IGATE.

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at iGATE in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and then called for Walkins. First round of face to face interview. Second round of Written technical exam based on Java as I applied for Java Position.Third Round with senior resource manager.Final round with HR regarding the offer and negotiation.

Interview Question – Average Questions   Answer Question

Middle Management Interview

Middle Management

Interviewed at iGATE

Interview Details – Takes ages. And the HR drips with loads of attitude. It's as if they are doing you a favour by interviewing you. The interviewers lie and tell you a whole lot of rubbish just to lure you in.

Interview Question – The thing is: They aren't well-versed in their jobs to ask you ANY question worth your while!   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist

Interviewed at iGATE

Interview Details – First I went for a Walkin here. Not much panel was available for interviews so it took around 5-6 hours just for technical round to start. I had two technical rounds. I went thru those and then I was given a form and had HR round. In HR, they told me that the technical specialist role is available in some other business unit and they will forward my profile to them and will call me back in 2-3 days for another discussion. I called 2-3 times and they said they have shared my profile with another account and they have not got back. After 1 month they called me for an opening and when I mentioned I already had one interview they said they don't have any record of it and I need to again give interview. I again gave one telephonic and one face to face interview. Face to face interview was also a VC call and in that they did not ask anything technical but general questions and then next day they told me that I am not suitable for their requirements. I did not understand why they did so, because that was not at all technical round and if I was not suitable they should have not even shortlisted my profile. Its just a harassment. I don't know why companies these days shortlist the profiles and call for interview and later on tell that not suiting the requirements. Its really a waste of time for us and them too.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I interviewed at iGATE in May 2012.

Interview Details – Hirning process is not much difficult.
One Round of Aptitude and then two rounds of interviews are there.
In One interview, questions related to coding will be asked.
In other one, HR related questions will be asked.

Interview Question – They can ask few questions on logical aptitude.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at iGATE in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was an off campus recruitment drive at my college. Process took 2 days. Aptitude & Technical round followed by Interview. First day only written test. 2nd day interview was conducted

Interview Question – Tree Sort Program using Recursion   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – As i wanted to pursue higher education

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at iGATE in June 2014.

Interview Details – I have applied for the position Embedded Tech Lead and got a call from HR to attend F2F interview,There are two technical rounds followed by 1 HR interview.
In First technical round they have asked about Embedded C and project life cycle's etc,
In second technical round they asked to write some C programs,
HR interview not much and one default question "why you are changing your present company?"

Interview Question – Technically there are no difficult or unexpected questions, if you are good in embedded C and about the projects you did, that's enough.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and interviewed at iGATE.

Interview Details – Recently i got a call from HR of Igate for the requirement of Assembler+Cobol developer.She said there will be 3 levels 1st will be telephonic ,2nd Manegerial and 3rd will be HR round.In 1st round that was telephonic,Interviewer asked me deeply about my last projects some assembler questions like PACK,CVD AP and cobol basics.So in short telephonic interview went good and i cleared my 1st level :).Manegerial round went chill but they said there will be 1 more round that is client interview in that they can ask me anything and after their approval only,they can hire me...So I am waiting of their call :(

Interview Question – File status codes   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at iGATE in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process is transparent, i had 2 technical rounds and hr round.
In technical rounds they will ask you about all the corner, atleast you need to have basic knowledge, and hr is just for package negotiation and for filling forms

Interview Question – challenges and ready to work in any location   View Answer

Negotiation Details – we can negotiate

Worked for iGATE? Contribute to the Community!