iGATE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at iGATE

Interview Details – hiring was easy , not many questions , just a few simple questions which cam emy way he nce i took up this offer ......... it was good to work with this co

Interview Question – what is difference between relational and hierarchial databasee   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at iGATE in December 2010.

Interview Details – It is very very easy if you get hired from campus interviews in India. There is a small test which checks your aptitude and after clearing that test, you get interviewed. In campus, the interviews are not at all Technical. They ask you very generic questions to know how much you know about company and how would you react in certain hypothetical situations. Basically it just tests you attitude and capability of quick learning.

Interview Question – No Technical questions. You have to be calm and composed while answering and you get selected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Group Sales Manager Interview

Group Sales Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at iGATE in May 2010.

Interview Details – hired during campus and grown to Global account manager for a marquee customer...i got selected via campus and not hired directly anybody hence no clue on this. Though as i understand business accumenship and ability to understand and positioning is the key for Tier-II org

Interview Question – philiosphical alignement to this organization   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at iGATE in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was a series of questions with the focus on starting date and money. They refused to share salary range. My interviewer called 30 minutes late without an apology.

Difficult to understand as I had to ask him to repeat a few times. This I believe was considered a negative against me.

Did not ask about the 90% profit decline. Figured that could be addressed at a later date.

Interview Question – It was all about my former salary. Little focus on success. Binary interview.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Vice President Interview

Associate Vice President
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at iGATE.

Interview Details – Multiple level Interview process (may be because of the level of seniority), very detailed, very structured and very process oriented. Interviews include potential peers, managers, HR, manager's manager. They definitely make sure that you are the right candidate.

Negotiation Details – Yes, very little.

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at iGATE in May 2014.

Interview Details – I received a call around 10:30 AM to pick up a time between 1 PM to 3 PM for interview the same day. How in the universe, a company can be so urorganized to schedule an interview in 2 hours? I still went ahead and gave my time as 1 PM.

It was a telephonic interview and the interviewer did not have any questions in advance and was asking some vague questions. He asked what are the architectural activities I do. When I started explaining the project overview and the process, the interviewer abruptly stopped me even before I complete the answer and jumped into another stupid question - is it possible to replace Java service with .NET service. I was wordless to get such questions.

I could clearly see that the interviewer did not prepare anything and did not have any patience. The architect position is client-facing and how could you be so patientless after asking some stupid questions.

At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked me whether I have any questions for them. I asked 2 questions and here are the answers and you can understand the attitude of the interviewer:
1. If I am selected, which client I will work for?
    Sorry we cannot tell you; it is confidential.
2. What really are the roles and responsibility of this position?
    You will do whatever a technical architect would do.

Interview Question – The questions are very vague:
Tell me about yourself
What are the architecture-related activities you do?
Can you replace a Java service with WCF?

The interviewer was not waiting for any complete answer and was jumping into next question even before you could answer completely.
  Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Fremont, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at iGATE.

Interview Details – Involved. I was fortunate in that my EVP handheld each individual at each step in the process in order to make sure it happened in a timely and efficient manner. Not all have had this experience. In many cases HR bungles the process and people get turned off on the company before they through the various steps.

Interview Question – What connects are you going to bring?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is little negotiation.

Interviewed at iGATE

Interview Details – Discussed about my background, my previous projects, current projects, DB's, some real project scenario with problems and how I will address them, some questions on front end tech and how the optimization will work. Also, gave a case study and asked how I will work.
Next round:
Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the some technical and typical manger questions. Lasted for 30 mins.

Interview Question – gave a case study about s specific issue and asked me to anwser   Answer Question

Interview Details – Campus interview

Interview Question – Technical questions based on your courses and projects.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Boston, MA

I interviewed at iGATE in April 2013.

Interview Details – Recruitment drive through University

Interview Question – Were you see yourself in 5 number of years   Answer Question

Worked for iGATE? Contribute to the Community!