iGATE Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
278 interviews

2.9

Business Development Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at iGATE.

I submitted my resume through the University's On-Campus Recruiting process. I was selected for an interview and did two 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews: first with the HR rep, then second with business manager. They asked mainly behavioral type questions (i.e. "Tell me about a time when..."). Since it's basically a sales role that I was applying for, it seemed as though the interviewers were trying to gauge my personality and how engaging I was.

A few weeks after the interview, the candidates were told that iGate suspended all hiring for the rest of the year due to the new CEO's hiring freeze.

Interview Questions
    • Since it is an IT systems solutions company, they asked about my familiarity with ERPs such as Oracle, SAP, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I has 2 technical interviews and 1 HR interview. Each technical interview lasted for 50 mins and the HR for about 30 mins. Technical interview a mix of questions from Physics, Microprocessor, Logics. I gave this interview during my college in campus.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about Newton's Law and it was an unexpected questions for a Software Engineer position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at iGATE in April 2009.

Hiring and interview process is simple as long as the expected salary is lower than the market. Interviews are usually done by non-technical staff who needs to a number from 1 to 10 in the list of skills. The next step is actually with the client and the complexity will depend on the position and the salary negotiated. But overall I think this is a right way to filter out people before submitting to a client.

Interview Questions
    • Not much I can think off except answering a technical question to a non technical person.   Answer Question
    It was not very difficult, they were ok if your demands make sense. But all that depends on the client that they are working on.

Senior Team Lead Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at iGATE.

This was the worst interview experience I had in my entire career. Someone from the HR called me up one day and scheduled the technical interviw (telephonic) which was taken by a technical lead . It went on for 30 mins and was good. Then there was no response from them for 10 days and after that I got a feedbac that I was sel;ected in the 1st round. After that they scheduled another round of managerial cum technical round, through skype and I was selected in that one as well. Then they scheduled an Hr round , but the HR never called me and they told that they will be scheduling another round shortly. Then there was no response from them for 2 weeks and today a HR finally called me and told that the requirement they were interviewing me for has been put on hold it seems !! How can they interview a person for 2-3 rounds when the requirement itself is not confirmed !! This is simply ridiculous and I am really disgusted with their approach. They dont even have the minimum proffessionalism in them.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked mostly from my previous experiences and based on real time scenarios.   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at iGATE.

techincal inetrview on phone
    technical intrview in person
    mangerial interview
    HR

Negotitaion on salary

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at iGATE in January 2009.

iGate (previously Patni) had campus interviews.
    There was a written test following which there was Group discussion and finally a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • The panel didnt expect the candidates to be technically sound. Most of the questions asked were quantitative analysis, puzzles etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotitation involved since the offered salary was informed about prior to the written test.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at iGATE.

I had a written exam after which i had a technical round after which a HR interview round

I went for my masters

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at iGATE.

The interview included 3 telephonic interviews. One background check and 2 technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Basic OOP concepts and RDBMS questions.
      Describe the basic OOPs concepts.
        Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at iGATE in August 2012.

Was contacted by HR from Connecticut. Scheduled the interview on the very same day. Total 2 rounds

Interview Questions
    • Round#1
      Discussed about my background, my previous projects, current projects, DB's, some real project scenario with problems and how I will address them, some questions on front end tech and how the optimization will work. Also, gave a case study and asked how I will work.

Round#2
      Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the same q's as that of round one. Lasted for 35 mins.

After 2 rounds, got a call from HR. Discussed the job band. They offered a lower level than I was currently in. Also, the pay range was below my expectation. HR was not ready to negotiate.
        Answer Question

Offered a lower level of job band. Also, salary was below expectation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Scranton, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at iGATE in December 2011.

One of my friends referred to an opening at iGate Patni for Project Manager role. The recruiter contacted me immediately and he was very responsive for all the questions I asked. He scheduled a first round interview which was conducted by a technical person from India. The second interview was conducted by a person at client site. The original interview was scheduled at 9.30 pm late in the night and again rescheduled to 10.45 pm late the same day.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of security features did you consider in developing web application? what is cross site scripting? what is SQL injection?   Answer Question
    • What is the approach to go about improving the performance of a web application ?   Answer Question
    • What was the challenging task faced in the recent past ?   Answer Question

They did not have defined green card process in place.