iGATE Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.7

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online – interviewed at iGATE.

Recently i got a call from HR of Igate for the requirement of Assembler+Cobol developer.She said there will be 3 levels 1st will be telephonic ,2nd Manegerial and 3rd will be HR round.In 1st round that was telephonic,Interviewer asked me deeply about my last projects some assembler questions like PACK,CVD AP and cobol basics.So in short telephonic interview went good and i cleared my 1st level :).Manegerial round went chill but they said there will be 1 more round that is client interview in that they can ask me anything and after their approval only,they can hire me...So I am waiting of their call :(

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at iGATE in May 2014.

I received a mail from one of the HRs regarding the position, which matched my present profile perfectly. I got the call from the HR within a week of application for the first round of interview (telephonic), which took place on the immediate next day. The second round of interview (again telephonic) also was conducted within a day's interval at iGate Hyderabad office. Both the interviews went well and there was a final HR round, where I was informed about my selection in the company. Then i was asked to fill up the employment application form and send other documents. Even after sending everything I did not receive any kind communication from the HR for a week. Then I mailed them to inquire about the status of the candidature, and no response ever followed.
    The entire experience with iGate confirmed the floating grapevine regarding the unprofessional attitude of the company and its treatment towards employee and prospects.
    I have a stable job and I work in a huge multinational. Not getting an offer does not hurt me as much as it would impact someone who is looking for a change desperately. Hence, do not bank on iGate, if you are in a dire need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iGATE in January 2014.

First Telephonic interview, Result told after 3 days.
    After 2 weeks, 1:1 Technical interview, it is heathy discussion and it went for 30 min.
    After 1 hour, Hr interview on the same day.It went for 20 mins.
    Offer letter released after one week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at iGATE in November 2013.

Hiring process is transparent, i had 2 technical rounds and hr round.
    In technical rounds they will ask you about all the corner, atleast you need to have basic knowledge, and hr is just for package negotiation and for filling forms

Interview Questions
    • challenges and ready to work in any location   View Answer
    we can negotiate

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at iGATE in November 2013.

Went through two rounds of phone interviews, followed by a generic HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think you can commit to the company?   View Answer
    Not much scope. Not the highest paymasters in the industry.

Technical Lead Interview

Medium difficulty

Package too low

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at iGATE in October 2013.

Aptitude test- easy amongst all the other big companies aptitude test. The paper pattern is damn easy and doesn't change

Second round Technical: the interview is easy and don't consist much technical questions simple java programs are asked.

Third round hr:Just as any other hr...about family background and are you ready to relocate and work in shift actually this is not elimination round.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airoli (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airoli (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at iGATE in October 2013.

Written technical aptitude, tech interview and last hr interview.

It Good overall

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at iGATE in September 2013.

My resume was shortlisted by Igate from a job portal and HR called up to fix for a telephonic interview as the requirement was for Mumbai location & i was based out at Delhi.
    The telephonic interview round went for about 30 mins in which the panel asked mainly scenario based questions apart from CV related details. The panel was extremely easy and co-operative to talk with & i would advice all to sound confident on phone as your voice will give them confidence to deal with scenario.

I got the call from HR the same day that first round is clear and second round will be conducted next day. This basically is a technical cum managerial round with your technology director or Project delievery manager.
    The second round with director is very easy and they generally more interested to understand if you really keen to join the firm & what kind of refreshing change you can bring. Nothing much to write as its more of discussion based around your experience,role and communication

Igate is not generous to offer even when they are not among the top tier companies. So you need to negotiate based on the fact that you have a better opportunity on same CTC with other brands. Then only start discussing. However , based on requirement only they tend to negotiate. No joining bonus was given stating the company policy doesnt support it. Plus be careful if you are relocating as the relocation bonus is very less about 15k and is not based on actuals

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at iGATE in September 2013.

Interview was conducted on campus of my college. The hiring process consisted of a Written aptitude test, Technical Interview and a HR interview.
    Written test was fairly easy if you are well versed in basic maths and logical reasoning,
    The written test consisted of 50 questions. Since the test was easy, the cutoff was high.

Technical Interview was straightforward. I was asked almost everything that i wrote in my Resume.

HR interview was easiest and tension free. More like a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if offered a choice? Further studies or Job?   Answer Question
    Offer was non negotiable as the hiring was on campus.