iGATE Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

Updated Jul 23, 2014

2.7

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at iGATE in August 2010.

Applied online and then called for Walkins. First round of face to face interview. Second round of Written technical exam based on Java as I applied for Java Position.Third Round with senior resource manager.Final round with HR regarding the offer and negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online - interviewed at iGATE.

Recently i got a call from HR of Igate for the requirement of Assembler+Cobol developer.She said there will be 3 levels 1st will be telephonic ,2nd Manegerial and 3rd will be HR round.In 1st round that was telephonic,Interviewer asked me deeply about my last projects some assembler questions like PACK,CVD AP and cobol basics.So in short telephonic interview went good and i cleared my 1st level :).Manegerial round went chill but they said there will be 1 more round that is client interview in that they can ask me anything and after their approval only,they can hire me...So I am waiting of their call :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at iGATE in November 2013.

Hiring process is transparent, i had 2 technical rounds and hr round.
    In technical rounds they will ask you about all the corner, atleast you need to have basic knowledge, and hr is just for package negotiation and for filling forms

Interview Questions
    • challenges and ready to work in any location   View Answer
    we can negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at iGATE in January 2014.

First Telephonic interview, Result told after 3 days.
    After 2 weeks, 1:1 Technical interview, it is heathy discussion and it went for 30 min.
    After 1 hour, Hr interview on the same day.It went for 20 mins.
    Offer letter released after one week.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at iGATE in May 2014.

I received a mail from one of the HRs regarding the position, which matched my present profile perfectly. I got the call from the HR within a week of application for the first round of interview (telephonic), which took place on the immediate next day. The second round of interview (again telephonic) also was conducted within a day's interval at iGate Hyderabad office. Both the interviews went well and there was a final HR round, where I was informed about my selection in the company. Then i was asked to fill up the employment application form and send other documents. Even after sending everything I did not receive any kind communication from the HR for a week. Then I mailed them to inquire about the status of the candidature, and no response ever followed.
    The entire experience with iGate confirmed the floating grapevine regarding the unprofessional attitude of the company and its treatment towards employee and prospects.
    I have a stable job and I work in a huge multinational. Not getting an offer does not hurt me as much as it would impact someone who is looking for a change desperately. Hence, do not bank on iGate, if you are in a dire need.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at iGATE in November 2013.

Went through two rounds of phone interviews, followed by a generic HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think you can commit to the company?   View Answer
    Not much scope. Not the highest paymasters in the industry.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at iGATE in August 2013.

it involves :
    1. apti(level:moderate)
    2. technical interview :
    3. HR

Interview Questions
    • everything goes smooth..so, don't worry if you know basics of your subjects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at iGATE in February 2013.

aptitude - 50 question (60 min)
    very easy easy
    15 quant
    15 logic
    20 verbal
    (go for verbal n logic before quant)

technical
    easy - just project n few here n there question

HR
    easy
    how was ur day
    why iGate
    why u are nt selected yet
    thnk vry much

got shortlisted after 15 days

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at iGATE in December 2010.

Very good hring process cool and Clam Hr
    sibgle HR+Technical rounds

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that kind of questions all simple and Hr related   Answer Question
    Fresher no negotiation

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at iGATE in November 2012.

On-campus interview.
    College location: Mumbai

Technical round:
    Overview - Most questions were from the resume. I will mention the ones that weren't.
    Q1: Write a code to implement linked lists:
    Q2: Write a code to find out the average of the elements of a Linked List:
    Q3: Explain the Architecture of Microcontroller 8051:
    Q4: What's the difference between C++ and C? Write a program to illustrate the additional C++ features.

HR Round:
    This had questions that were slightly personal, like family background and so on. There was also this general question of why did I want to work for them.

Higher Studies

Worked for iGATE? Contribute to the Community!