iGate

92 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Vice President Interview

Fremont, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at iGate.

Interview Details – Involved. I was fortunate in that my EVP handheld each individual at each step in the process in order to make sure it happened in a timely and efficient manner. Not all have had this experience. In many cases HR bungles the process and people get turned off on the company before they through the various steps.

Interview Question – What connects are you going to bring?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is little negotiation.

Software Engineer

Interviewed at iGate

Interview Details – Discussed about my background, my previous projects, current projects, DB's, some real project scenario with problems and how I will address them, some questions on front end tech and how the optimization will work. Also, gave a case study and asked how I will work.
Next round:
Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the some technical and typical manger questions. Lasted for 30 mins.

Interview Question – gave a case study about s specific issue and asked me to anwser   Answer Question

Software Engineer

Interviewed at iGate

Interview Details – Campus interview

Interview Question – Technical questions based on your courses and projects.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Boston, MA

I interviewed at iGate in April 2013.

Interview Details – Recruitment drive through University

Interview Question – Were you see yourself in 5 number of years   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at iGate.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through the University's On-Campus Recruiting process. I was selected for an interview and did two 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews: first with the HR rep, then second with business manager. They asked mainly behavioral type questions (i.e. "Tell me about a time when..."). Since it's basically a sales role that I was applying for, it seemed as though the interviewers were trying to gauge my personality and how engaging I was.

A few weeks after the interview, the candidates were told that iGate suspended all hiring for the rest of the year due to the new CEO's hiring freeze.

Interview Question – Since it is an IT systems solutions company, they asked about my familiarity with ERPs such as Oracle, SAP, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

Senior Team Lead

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at iGate.

Interview Details – This was the worst interview experience I had in my entire career. Someone from the HR called me up one day and scheduled the technical interviw (telephonic) which was taken by a technical lead . It went on for 30 mins and was good. Then there was no response from them for 10 days and after that I got a feedbac that I was sel;ected in the 1st round. After that they scheduled another round of managerial cum technical round, through skype and I was selected in that one as well. Then they scheduled an Hr round , but the HR never called me and they told that they will be scheduling another round shortly. Then there was no response from them for 2 weeks and today a HR finally called me and told that the requirement they were interviewing me for has been put on hold it seems !! How can they interview a person for 2-3 rounds when the requirement itself is not confirmed !! This is simply ridiculous and I am really disgusted with their approach. They dont even have the minimum proffessionalism in them.

Interview Question – I was asked mostly from my previous experiences and based on real time scenarios.   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at iGate.

Interview Details – techincal inetrview on phone

Negotiation Details – Negotitaion on salary

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at iGate in August 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR from Connecticut. Scheduled the interview on the very same day. Total 2 rounds

Interview Question – Round#1

Round#2
Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the same q's as that of round one. Lasted for 35 mins.

After 2 rounds, got a call from HR. Discussed the job band. They offered a lower level than I was currently in. Also, the pay range was below my expectation. HR was not ready to negotiate.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered a lower level of job band. Also, salary was below expectation.

Software Engineer Grade Beta A Interview

Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at iGate in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round-aptitude (moderate to easy level, no negative marking, 20 Ques from Verbal other 30 Ques. from Quant section,)

2nd round-technical-EC people were asked about project, introduction n some other questions

3rd round-HR (Introduction, bond, relocation, experience, why iGATE?, )

decision is mailed to every candidate whether he/she is selected. If selected, you will get joining date n other materials u are req. to submit

Interview Question – What is the one thing that u want to change it now from your past experience, if u get chance.?   View Answer

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at iGate in August 2013.

Interview Details – it involves :
1. apti(level:moderate)
2. technical interview :
3. HR

Interview Question – everything goes smooth..so, don't worry if you know basics of your subjects   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at iGate

Worked for iGate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at iGate interview questions and advice. All 92 interview reviews posted anonymously by iGate employees and interview candidates.