iMentor

iMentor Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at iMentor

Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at iMentor in August 2013.

I did not hear from iMentor for over 5 months after submitting my application. Suddenly, I hear from them on a Thursday, asking me to do a phone interview the next afternoon (Friday). On the phone interview I was offered an in person interview for the coming Monday. I was told that I would receive further information by the end of the week and I had a pretty good feeling. By the following Monday, I had not received any further information, so I wrote to my HR contact, who told me I would not be moving forward in the process, but provided no further details. I was discouraged, and tried to seek further information, but to no avail.

While I feel that this is a great organization, I was a bit surprised by the length of time between my application, and my interviews, and then how quickly the interview process transpired. I am still inspired by their work, but feeling a bit deflated after my experiences with them.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked how I would help a staff person who encountered a student at their school site who was dismissive of iMentor's mission, and saw the program as a way for White Middle Class folks to feel better about themselves   View Answer

National Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iMentor in February 2012.

The extent of my interview was a screening call with the head of recruitment as well as a one on one with several persons in the organization. I was not offered the position. I believe they wanted more management and non-profit experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you managed a team? How big was it and how did you manage them?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Volunteer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at iMentor in January 2012.

I applied to the job online and received an invitation for a phone interview rather quickly, like about 3 days. The phone interview was with the HR coordinator and it was about 30 minutes. It was a decent interview because she actually had a list of questions to ask that were relevant to the position. Then I was told that the next step is an in person interview and that I would hear about it within a certain time frame. I did hear within that certain time frame and was invited for an in person interview. I met with the same HR coordinator and with the hiring manager (the one who would oversee the position). I did my home work prior to the interview and reviewed their website. They post the bios of all the staff on their site. I noticed that the person who would be interviewing me had a lot less experience than me and I confirmed this when reading her LinkedIn profile. So I was a bit weary going into the interview. I was told the interview would last 45 minutes but it actually was about 25 to 30 minutes. During the interview with the two of them, I was given a series of behavioral questions. I got the sense from their questions and my responses that I was overqualified for the position. I was told that I would be coming in for another round to do a presentation. But instead, I was not selected for the position. They ended up filling the position and I found his bio on their site and LinkedIn. My suspicions were correct. He is nothing but a glorified admin which is not what I want. They did me a favor by not selecting me. However, I feel like they wasted my time. Clearly they were looking for just an admin.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a group of high powered executives to become a mentor?   Answer Question